Exotic Itineraries for April 2006-April 2007 are LISTED HERE. Tahitian, Pacific,etc

Commodore Suzy

Princess announced just now their 2006-2007 "Exotic" fleet deployment. Man, they're doing some interesting stuff!

This is a quick summary. These sailings are set to open for booking Monday the 13th of June (the paperwork says the 11th, but they've been doing nearly every one the following Monday, so let's just go with that).

Dawn Princess is being shipped off to serve under P&O Australia's banner for the winter of 2006/07. She'll depart 9/26/06 on a 30-day Pacific repositioning cruise from SF through Hawaii, Tahiti, South Pacific islands, NZ, and end in Sydney. Then she's doing some really interesting stuff round-trip from Sydney. Some cruises to New Caledonia & Vanuatu, a 28-day "around Australia" cruise 11/7/06, a couple of 13 day New Zealand cruises if you ever wanted to see NZ really well, Tasmania, Fiji with New Caledonia, Loyalty Islands with New Caledonia, and then 29 days repositioning back from Sydney to LA on 3/12/07.

Golden Princess will do the South America duties previously done by Regal from January-March 2007. Strange, she does her transatlantic sailing 11/26/06 for 29 days and ends in Rio, but the first sailing listed on the Exotics listings is a 16-night Brazilian Adventure cruise starting in New Orleans, LA on 1/6/07. Anyway, there is a strange little gap there, but after that she does a 21-night Antarctica and South America cruise on 1/22/07, followed by three Cape Horn and Strait of Magellan cruises, and then Andes and South America that goes from Santiago to Acapulco on 3/20/07 for 16 nights. Ending in Acapulco huh? Interesting. The Golden on the West Coast?

Island Princess will do the standard 15-day Hawaii round-trip LA cruises she's been doing in the winter from 9/21/06 through 4/26/07.

Pacific Princess WOW! She really is getting around the world in 2006-2007! Hold onto your seats and keep your map handy, as here she goes! She begins her Princess duties in Sydney on 4/26/06 by doing "Islands of the Pacific Theatre" to Osaka for 21 nights. Then "China and the Far East" for 12 nights to Beijing on 3/17/06. Then "Southeast Asia and China" 16-night itineraries from Bangkok to Beijing for June and July. In August she does "Southeast Asia and India" 15-nights between Bangkok and Mumbai. Then she does 27 nights on 9/16/06 "Africa/India/Southeast Asia" which takes her from Bangkok to Cape Town. Are you keeping up? Then on 10/13/06 she does "Indian Ocean and Australia" 28-nights from Cape Town to Sydney. From there she does the "South Pacific Islands" Sydney to Papeete, followed by "South Pacific Islands and Andes Explorer" Papeete to Aruba through the Panama Canal with an overnight in Callao for Machu Picchu. On 12/21/06 she'll leave from Aruba and go back through the Panama Canal to Callao 15-days, and then back again through the Canal to Fort Lauderdale on the "Andes and Ancient Civilizations" cruise with some great stops in Costa Rica and Belize. After that arrival in Fort Lauderdale, she'll begin helping out the Golden with South America. She does the Amazon River from Fort Lauderdale to Manaus 12-nights through January and February 2007. Then on 3/9/07 she does "West Africa and South America" Fort Lauderdale to Cape Town for 28 days, followed by 25 days Cape Town to Singapore starting on 4/6/07. And that's the end of the announced schedule! Whew!

Sapphire Princess will sail from Alaska, through the Orient starting 9/9/06, do some Asia and China 16-day itineraries in October and November, sail from Singapore to Sydney 12/23/06 for 19 nights, and end up in Sydney for the standard 12-day Australia and New Zealand cruises 1/11/07 - 4/5/07. She'll then have a 29 day Pacific repositioning cruise through the South Pacific, Hawaii, and end in LA in May of 2007.

Sea Princess will do the Classic Canada & New England 10-day cruises from Quebec City to NY in September and October. On 10/28/06 she'll do a 14-day from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale on the Canada and Colonial America itinerary.

Star Princess will do the 7-day round-trip NY Canada and New England cruises in October, 2006. Repositioning from NY is not mentioned in this announcement.

Tahitian Princess is staying in the South Pacific but changing it up a bit. They'll offer 10-day Polynesia and Cook Islands, 12-day Hawaii and Tahiti, and 10-day Polynesia and the Marquesas Islands. They're really mixing it up well though. Lots of Marquesas mixed in with the Cook Island ones, and to Hawaii and back three times in the summer of 2006 for 6 of those 12-day ones. Itineraries announced go from 4/29/06 through 4/16/07 sailings.

Days and nights are the same when I type them. Meaning, a 12-day cruise is a 12-night cruise. I kind of have a bad habit of switching back and forth between the two when I type.

Interesting! Thanks, Suzy! The one that I find strange is the Golden doing South America and Antarctica. I can't imagine that big ship in Manaus, for instance, or handling the seas in the Antarctic. The Grand-class ships just don't handle the seas the way the Regal or Royal do. People complain about a little movement now -- imagine how they'll feel when they're being bounced around in the Falklands, for instance.

Thanks.

Yeah, interesting. The Regal is SO sold out doing those exotics in So. America though, they needed more capacity. So, now they'll have a lot more sales, and more folks grouchy about the motion. Happy to go in one hand, unhappy stomachs in the other. :eek: Tough for sure!

Some of the Pacific Princess itineraries are truly fabulous. And wouldn't it be fun to be on the Dawn with a bunch of Aussies? :p If it weren't for that long flight, I'd be on it for sure! LOL!

Susan, the itineraries are the same as this year, just less of the Cook Islands one over and over and more variety.

Very interesting, but still nothing through the Suez. Guess I'll have to do a segment on P&O's World Cruise, either Oriana or Aurora.

Some great itineraries on the Pacific Princess - having done Pacific Theater on Sky Princess several years ago, I am about ready to try that itinerary again.

So much for the rumor about Pacific & Tahitian leaving the fleet in 2006.

PAMinMA

Think you might have misread Golden - she is not doing the Amazon, Pacific is. I agree, they wouldn't get Golden to turn around at Manaus without grounding her on the shoals.

Re: the Dawn, I think we can book it normally, or they wouldn't be telling me, a USA TA, about it. They'll probably set aside some cabin allotment for us to book into, and give most to Australia.

Yeah..I have the dates...

Cook Islands

4/29/06, 5/9, 5/19, 6/22, 7/2, 8/5, 8/15, 9/18, 9/28, 10/18, 11/7, 11/27, 12/17

1/6/07, 1/26, 2/15, 2/25, 3/7, 3/17, 3/27, 4/6, 4/16

Hawaii & Tahiti

5/29/06, 6/10, 7/12, 7/24, 8/25, 9/6 (goes from Tahiti, up to Hawaii in one sailing and then back the next sailing - in pairs)

Marquesas

10/8/06, 10/28, 11/17, 12/7, 12/27

1/16/07, 2/5

Basically, Cook Islands with Hawaii sprinkled in in the summer, and Cook Islands with Marqueses alternating starting 10/06 through the rainy season.

Karen..you're welcome.

They always produce the itineraries a couple weeks before they go on sale. But you have to be a real pain in the butt TA (me! thanks to being an obsessed cruiser myself) to get them from your sales rep with any notice. Most TAs won't see them until their reps "get around" to faxing them out to their agents right before the itineraries open for booking. :rolleyes:

Suzy - thanks for your information on the Princess Exotic itineraries. We just returned from the Final Crossing of the Royal (Manaus - Rome) great cruise!

Have a cruise booked for Apr. '06 on the Diamond, but interested in the Exotic cruises. Hope to get a group together for one on the Pacific Princess. Thanks again, Lorraine :)

I am very interested in the Dawn's sailings. Currently booked on Diamond 4/2/06 - but cannot wait for details on the Dawn's itineraries - do you have them yet?

What is the Diamond doing fall 06, Spring 07?

You are a great resources

Thanks

Hi Suzy....

The Sea Princess is also doing 14 night Eastern Caribbean Islander (R/T from Ft Lauderdale) in the spring of 2006 going to ports in Tortola, Antigua, Dominica, Martinique, Barbados, Grenada, Guamache, Aruba and Grand Cayman. We are booked for April 8, 2006.

Vic

Suzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so very much for the dates for the Tahiti and Tahiti/Hawaii cruises for next year. Wow, this is now really something to think about for 2006 and may alter our now plans for that summer. Have wanted to do Tahiti for several years and now I think it very well may be in the plans. Appreciate your taking the time to post this and let us know what Princess is planning.

Susan

Many thanks for the posting Suzy.

I am really surprised about the Golden in South America. When I did that trip on the Royal in March they said the Royal was the largest ship that had been in some of the Chilean Fiords, I don't think they could take the Golden up some of those.

Suzy Cruisy,

Could you please re-confirm what you posted about the Golden Princess/Antartica. We're sitting on the git-go for that itinerary but, after recently getting off of the Sapphire Princess and visiting numerous container ports and the ship "shuttering" on the one rough sea evening, I'll pass on the Golden in Antartica.

Thanks.

Suzy - thanks for your information on the Princess Exotic itineraries. We just returned from the Final Crossing of the Royal (Manaus - Rome) great cruise!

Have a cruise booked for Apr. '06 on the Diamond, but interested in the Exotic cruises. Hope to get a group together for one on the Pacific Princess. Thanks again, Lorraine :)

Suzy,

You are more than wonderful to post this for all of us.

Hi Lorraine,

I'm also looking at those Pacific Princess Itineraries. It seem rediculous to be looking at 2007, but they really look great. I'm going to be bugging our TA about these pretty soon.

We were on the Royal (Manaus to Rome) with Lorraine, and it was a wonderful cruise. :)

Does anyone have a pointer to the full itineraries for the Pacific Princess? We're interested in a couple of them, but would like to know exactly which ports would be included. The Bangkok to Cape Town and Cape Town to Singapore look very interesting, as does the Bangkok to Mumbai cruise.

Jim

Archived