Hosting a CC Meet & Greet

kcellup

So I saw before that there is a number to call to get a 1 hour M&G with open bar and apps for around $12 pp for 20 people. So heres my question, Does one person pay up front? or do you pay when you get there? What happens if 15 people show up? How does this work?

So I saw before that there is a number to call to get a 1 hour M&G with open bar and apps for around $12 pp for 20 people. So heres my question, Does one person pay up front? or do you pay when you get there? What happens if 15 people show up? How does this work?

Carnival takes payment off of 1 person's S&S account prior to the event. My group picked the designated person and everyone that was interested sent their portion via Paypal prior to the cruise.

We basically did as above. One person coordinated the M&G and the money came out of their S&S account. We all paid in person, via PayPal, or some mailed checks. The person who coordinated it was also in charge of watching the door at the M&G to make sure only those who paid got in.

~Katy

I tried three different times during the course of our roll call, up until 30 days prior to departure, to get at least 20 people to make a firm commitment to have a Meet & Greet one hour cocktail party. Several people commented that they were purchasing the "Cheers" program, and thought they should be able to utilize that, rather than pay a separate amount for the cocktail party. I tried my best to convince everyone that the cocktail party was a completely separate issue, and that purchasing "Cheers" wouldn't cover it. Consequently, we didn't have a Meet & Greet cocktail party. I hope you have better luck than I did, kcellup. If not, I'm sure it won't ruin your cruise. It certainly didn't ruin our cruise.

Eh, plenty of arguments to pay a whopping $12 for a one hour M&G even if you get the cheers program. For one, the drinks don't count against the 15 drink per day limit. Also, there isn't a limit on the number of drinks you can grab at once.

Sorry it didn't work out for your group beachbum!

~Katy

We did the m & g on our cruise in Dec. Everyone sent me a check and when I got onboard I went to the Service desk and paid it off. I also made nametags for the ones who paid and informed the waitstaff no personalized nametag-no service. There was no problem. BTW we were FTTF and on the ship early so I delivered the nametags to the staterooms. That was part of the personalized tag.

Can you add to the amount of people at the cocktail party by paying Carnival the extra $ ?

In other words let's say the cocktail M&G is planned for the 2nd day and the 20 have already paid.

Can those "extras" pay the additional amounts to the customer service desk in advance or at the party itself?

image.jpg.972175667441e018b07098ef26a63bd2.jpg

This was our group at the M&G:D. It was 3 hours long we had many, many drinks. 3 bartenders, pretzels and goldfish.

We sent gift card through carnival to host in order to pay. Worked out great.

All was prepaid only.

Can you add to the amount of people at the cocktail party by paying Carnival the extra $ ?

In other words let's say the cocktail M&G is planned for the 2nd day and the 20 have already paid.

Can those "extras" pay the additional amounts to the customer service desk in advance or at the party itself?

Since the cost for the party is charged to one person's S&S account, and a head count is submitted ahead of time, it's doubtful that any "johnny-come-latelys" could buy their way in after the fact. But, to be absolutely sure, you should probably ask someone at the group events department before hand.

I organized a 2hr get together last Oct. Everyone sent me the $ via paypal.

I then called Carnival and gave them paymt. There were a few last minute folks that wanted to join. I just collected the $ from them on the ship and called the designated event lady to give new head count. Paid for the extras at guest services.

I also made name tags and everyone had to have a name tag.

I can honestly say, I don't think the bartenders paid attention. I think addtl people could have come in, and they wouldn't have known the difference.

I then called Carnival and gave them paymt. There were a few last minute folks that wanted to join. I just collected the $ from them on the ship and called the designated event lady to give new head count. Paid for the extras at guest services.

Great! Thanx.:)

The one hour (Free Drinks) becomes an issue on most Roll Calls. To some it is fantastic while others could care less. There is always the alternative of holding it on the Aft Lido Deck from about 2:30 to 3:45 on arrival day. That area is usually partially covered and there will be plenty of Carnival people who will serve drinks that you pay for. You avoid some one having to collect the money ahead of time. You won't have to worry about missing some event if you pick a sea day. You won't have to police the area from those trying to crash the free drink party that will be published in the Fun Times. Then there is the "I don't drink issue so why should I pay for some one else's drink" - Never had a good answer to that one. You get to pick the time where otherwise, Carnival does it at their convenience.

On the other hand, some people always arrive late on arrival day and will miss the M&G. It is an open area and is not private. Some people who have never cruised before have a difficult time getting about the ship and can't seem to find the area.

So there you have it. I usually ask for a vote on the Roll Call to select the best option and the majority rules. Even then, some people will be unhappy.

The one hour (Free Drinks) becomes an issue on most Roll Calls. To some it is fantastic while others could care less. There is always the alternative of holding it on the Aft Lido Deck from about 2:30 to 3:45 on arrival day. That area is usually partially covered and there will be plenty of Carnival people who will serve drinks that you pay for. You avoid some one having to collect the money ahead of time. You won't have to worry about missing some event if you pick a sea day. You won't have to police the area from those trying to crash the free drink party that will be published in the Fun Times. Then there is the "I don't drink issue so why should I pay for some one else's drink" - Never had a good answer to that one. You get to pick the time where otherwise, Carnival does it at their convenience.

On the other hand, some people always arrive late on arrival day and will miss the M&G. It is an open area and is not private. Some people who have never cruised before have a difficult time getting about the ship and can't seem to find the area.

So there you have it. I usually ask for a vote on the Roll Call to select the best option and the majority rules. Even then, some people will be unhappy.

You raise good points but that is why having two meet and greets works well as long as you get enough people interested in cocktail party and someone agrees to run it.

Yes you can add people at the time of the party, they don't actually charge your s&s untill the party, so if you have extra they are added to the total, but remember if you take payment at the door, make sure it is cash so you can add to your bill.

I've setup several cocktail parties when there is enough interest and usually setup 2 additional M&G's on the first day!:) One around 2p, and the other after the muster drill for the late comers and double partiers!;):D:cool:

We have a M & G set up for the Miracle this Sept, to Hawaii,and we have an open bar for those who wish to, will be charged to their S & S card's,for 2 hour's.

Then we have the Cocktail Hour at a later date, with a paypal,acc.

:)

You raise good points but that is why having two meet and greets works well as long as you get enough people interested in cocktail party and someone agrees to run it.

Hmmm.... if I may? Two different M&G's is the way to go, one at sail away or other designated time for everyone to Meet and well...Greet!:) BYOB or DOD etc...

Then a Private Open Bar Party (OBP) if enough RC folks are interested. (we even had requests to have two OBP's, but couldn't get the 20 person minimum) Carnival Group Rep onboard can arrange that ad hoc!

Carnival Group Services work very closely with the host. I picked the location based on available lounges for the times we were interested in, then they schedule it and you are done, except for collecting the payments from the RC group.

While Pay Pal works great for those who chose to use it, checks/money orders also work well ahead of time. Last minute party people were encouraged to purchase Carnival E-Gift card and send to me up until two days before we cruised.

I do not recommend cash at the door options, as it will get busy with people arriving getting name tags/raffle tickets etc, and cash at the door for late comers would be a mess....IMHO!

A week before sailing, you need to contact CCL group services with an estimated head count. If any major changes occur after that, then just go to Guest Services and see the Group Rep. The Group Rep will meet the Host at the location of the OBP, finalize the headcount and charge your S&S card at the end of the party.

All in all, it is very easy to setup and always is a big hit with the attendees!:D Next time I head one up, on a 7 day or longer cruise, I will try to get 2 OBPs scheduled.....:)

PS..Oh yes....The OBP does not get into the Fun Times unless you ask for it, and even then it may not make it. Also, don't be shy about telling them it is a CC function, they love us!!

I hosted a cocktail party last October (1 1/2 hours) and almost everyone in attendance said it was the best cruise bargain that they every had. I started asking on the roll call to see if I could get a minimum of 20 participants before I ever contacted Carnival Guest Services. Everyone either sent me checks, money orders, or paid thru paypal. (One note on PayPal...if someone uses a debit or credit card, you WILL be charged a percentage of the transaction that will come out of the amount being sent.) I also rounded the cost per person up a little and we used the extra as a tip to the wonderful server that we had. (I know some folks got about 15 drinks in that 1.5 hours!)

We met some amazing friends thru the cocktail party and we hung out with them during the entire cruise. We still stay connected to them thru Facebook and email.

The roll call for our next cruise in August is almost non-existent, so I know there would be no way to get 20 people, so I'm not even going to bother.

I hosted a cocktail party last October (1 1/2 hours) and almost everyone in attendance said it was the best cruise bargain that they every had. I started asking on the roll call to see if I could get a minimum of 20 participants before I ever contacted Carnival Guest Services. Everyone either sent me checks, money orders, or paid thru paypal. (One note on PayPal...if someone uses a debit or credit card, you WILL be charged a percentage of the transaction that will come out of the amount being sent.) I also rounded the cost per person up a little and we used the extra as a tip to the wonderful server that we had. (I know some folks got about 15 drinks in that 1.5 hours!)

This is why we found the E-Gift Card from CCL to be the best payment method. I applied all the E-GC's early AM the day of the party to my acct. No problems.... IE...cancellations etc...

As for the extra tips! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!:D

Drink to weak? NP, Drink to Sweet NP.... Need More Drinks!! NPPP:D:D

We met some amazing friends thru the cocktail party and we hung out with them during the entire cruise. We still stay connected to them thru Facebook and email.

Ditto, Ditto

The roll call for our next cruise in August is almost non-existent, so I know there would be no way to get 20 people, so I'm not even going to bother.

Never say never!!... We had some last minute jumps in interest!!:)

I'm not a drinker so I wouldn't pay 12 bucks to attend. I've attended meet and greets on ncl where free snack and juices were provided no alcohol for free and all the ships officers came by... And when I say officer I mean the captain hotel director chief engineer cd all the main department heads

Archived