Halifax, NS Car rental?

MEcruzr

Last minute decision to rent a car... can anyone suggest an agency convenient to the pier? We usually rent from Enterprise but the one that seems to be the closest (Hollis St) doesn't have any left. Is the Scotia Square Mall a possibility?? Any suggestions? I have about 48 hours to book something.

We rented from Thrifty, who are right across the street, in the Westin Hotel.

Avis is about a mile away but they will send a car to pick you up and return you to the ship.

Cheers

Len

Do you mean Thrifty is right across from the ships pier or from Budget?

We have a rental reserved with Budget right now but I am wondering if I need a closer location.

Last minute decision to rent a car... can anyone suggest an agency convenient to the pier? We usually rent from Enterprise but the one that seems to be the closest (Hollis St) doesn't have any left. Is the Scotia Square Mall a possibility?? Any suggestions? I have about 48 hours to book something.

Just back from our cruise so this answer may be late. We rented from the Scotia Square Mall location. The person at the port info desk at Halifax called the telephone number on my reservation for me and they promptly picked us up! Excellent service. When we returned the car, we had been unable to find a gas station, so rather than charging us their gas rate, they stopped at a station on our way back to the ship to let us fill up the tank!!! We were very impressed with their service.

How was it getting around? Thinking of renting for the day next month, but don't wanna spend more time trying to find things than we do sight seeing.

A poster on another thread suggested going to the town of Lunenburg first before heading to Peggy's Cove. Easy drive on the highway with plenty of beautiful scenery, plus there hopefully will be less traffic. This is the route we are headed.

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Eurodam and have a friend meeting us when we get to Halifax. Where would be a good place to meet someone who is driving to the pier? (Not sure how close to the ship she is allowed to drive to?) I have some mobility issues so I hope not to walk too far. Thanks for any info.

Wendy

We are on the Eurodam and have a friend meeting us when we get to Halifax. Where would be a good place to meet someone who is driving to the pier? (Not sure how close to the ship she is allowed to drive to?) I have some mobility issues so I hope not to walk too far. Thanks for any info.

Wendy

You probably should start a new thread... but, since you asked.

In my opinion there are two places to meet.

One would be at the Farmers Market. It's located at Pier 21 (where you ship most likely docks) http://www.halifaxfarmersmarket.com/ Only concern would be where in the market to meet.

Another option would be to meet at the Westin Hotel. http://www.thewestinnovascotian.com/ It is located across the street from the pier and has a Starbucks coffee in the lobby area. It's less than a 5 minute walk.

You probably should start a new thread... but, since you asked.

In my opinion there are two places to meet.

One would be at the Farmers Market. It's located at Pier 21 (where you ship most likely docks) http://www.halifaxfarmersmarket.com/ Only concern would be where in the market to meet.

Another option would be to meet at the Westin Hotel. http://www.thewestinnovascotian.com/ It is located across the street from the pier and has a Starbucks coffee in the lobby area. It's less than a 5 minute walk.

Thanks for the information. I will e-mail our friend about where to meet in the market - she lives there so she will know a good spot.

Wendy

We rented from Thrifty, who are right across the street, in the Westin Hotel.

Avis is about a mile away but they will send a car to pick you up and return you to the ship.

Cheers

Len

Thrifty is in the Westin Hotel, which is about a block from the pier.

Cheers

Len

Archived