National cruise vacation month....no past guest or early saver

So I was checking the prices this morning on Carnival's site, as I do throughout the day everyday, and noticed this new sale. Is it really National cruise vacation month?:p

Anyway, the prices for next summer seem to have gone up, but they are offering onboard credits. Can you get one if you booked under the Preview sale? My deposit is paid in full by the way.

Also, no past guest or early saver rates showing. I'm guessing past guest will return eventually. But what about early saver? Any thoughts?

So I was checking the prices this morning on Carnival's site, as I do throughout the day everyday, and noticed this new sale. Is it really National cruise vacation month?:p

Anyway, the prices for next summer seem to have gone up, but they are offering onboard credits. Can you get one if you booked under the Preview sale? My deposit is paid in full by the way.

Also, no past guest or early saver rates showing. I'm guessing past guest will return eventually. But what about early saver? Any thoughts?

Someone posted in another thread, that the early saver rate will return after the Preview Sale expires.

Someone posted in another thread, that the early saver rate will return after the Preview Sale expires.

yes, that was said because everyone assumed that after Preview Sale ES or Past guest will return. However, Preview Sales is now replaced with new Sale, which seems to have much higher prices. Someone also mentioned that it's possible they are trying to get rid of Early Saver.

now the question is when will the preview sale end,,, fall and winter sale been extended so many times that we may end up in spring before it ends :rolleyes:

If you go on any sailing for 2015 you will see early saver so i am not to sure about them dropping early saver,

my train of thought is that early saver will still be offered but only for a short window when they first offer the new sail dates, then you will see different sales and early saver will be dropped. So those who jumped on booking as soon as sale comes out will get early saver and if you wait till later (lets say a year out before sailing) then you will see the different sales.

Carnival must be happy with the levels they are seeing for booking, because the new sale definitely isn't much of a sale compared to recent pricing. That's good for the health of the company, not so awesome for those of us hoping to get more price drops! I'm quite happy with our current prices though.

Thank you for these postings. I checked this morning for our Feb 2014 curise to find no price drops as well. I was waiting for after the fall and winter sale as well hoping to get some new price drops. So I will continue to keep checking hoping for the best.

Happy cruising:)

The new sale is truly a joke --- my fare went up by $150, but I can get $150 OBC....

Our pricing went up by $200 for both our Balcony & Inside cabins but they say we can get up to a $200 OBC... I guess I'll keep waiting to see if another sale causes our pricing to drop (we are booked Early Saver :D)

Happy Sailing!!

I also think they're phasing out Early Saver.

The new sale is truly a joke --- my fare went up by $150, but I can get $150 OBC....:D

I saw someone else post on this board in another thread that someone at Carnival told her early saver will be going away.

I saw someone else post on this board in another thread that someone at Carnival told her early saver will be going away.

I hope that's not true. I've been pricing for January 2015 cruises and ES is still showing. Don't want to book it, though, till we're on our January 2014 B2B. Lots can happen.

I also think they're phasing out Early Saver.

The new sale is truly a joke --- my fare went up by $150, but I can get $150 OBC....:D

Yes, the current sale for Cruise Month is beyond ridiculous. I have checked every single one of my clients bookings, and every single one qualifies for the OBC, ...however, every cruise fare has gone up in price by that amount or more. Talk about a bait & switch! If you are watching Carnival, you are not scoring any brownie points with sales like this. We are not idiots.:mad:

On each of our cruises for next Sept they went up $168.00 but we could get on board credit of 100.00. I already have 50.00 for booking on the ship and really don't think from an accounting standpoint that the new sale would be much of a bargain.

Hope early saver returns but now I am doubting it.

Every time I click on the deal to check my pricing, it tells me there are no cruises available for my selections - and I have not selected anything but 6-9 day cruises! I have no idea why it is not working for me.

When carnival introduced all of the new rates, it dawned on me then that they were phasing out early saver. :( It looks as though the best rates will be left to those who won't book until the last minute and don't mind having carnival pick out their cabin assignments...:cool:

Lets remember before we call this a "dumb" or "useless" sale when we compare to our current bookings...The point for a sale is to attract new bookings, not modify existing. Carnival is simply trying to bring more people on board. Although yes, we would all love to lower our rates by price drops from sales or promotions, that is not Carnival's objective as a business. Sorry, just my $.02

How many of you are gamblers?

How many aren't dead set on a specific room?

If you are not booked early saver and monitor cabin inventory you could always cancel before final payment.

Then if prices drop, rebook. If it doesn't......whoops.

It's a chance you take, it's a chance Carnival takes. I'd be inclined to cancel and roll the dice on a lower cost (assuming a good inventory), my wife...not so much.

I checked our booking, and even though the pricing for the cabin raised $140, we would now get $200 OBC. I will take the extra $60 we net. Either pay it now, or pay it later. Doesn't matter to me. Our friends who are booked on the same cruise as us wouldn't benefit from the new sale, so we will leave their booking alone.

Lets remember before we call this a "dumb" or "useless" sale when we compare to our current bookings...The point for a sale is to attract new bookings, not modify existing. Carnival is simply trying to bring more people on board. Although yes, we would all love to lower our rates by price drops from sales or promotions, that is not Carnival's objective as a business. Sorry, just my $.02

I agree with you completely. The fact that they are raising prices, even slowly, would seem to indicate to me that they've passed through the worst of the fallout from the Triumph debacle.

I agree with you completely. The fact that they are raising prices, even slowly, would seem to indicate to me that they've passed through the worst of the fallout from the Triumph debacle.

While the prices are going up they are giving the amount of the increases as OBC.

Same net cost.

Bill

While the prices are going up they are giving the amount of the increases as OBC.

Same net cost.

Bill

I'd guess they still come out ahead or at least break even with that, because the $200 OBC goes right back to them for products that cost them less than that. It makes sense in my head at least.

Archived