Halifax - Lunenburg - any recommendations?

Hey gang,

Looking for any recommendations for private tours to Lunenburg out of Halifax. Just want to go to Lunenburg for a few hours - nothing else.

I asked a taxi driver at the pier last week how much it would be. He said $350. We had other plans last week (didn't even ask him until headed back to the ship) but would like to start making plans for next year's visit.

Thanks for your input!

Thanks, but for a number of reasons, we do not want to rent a car, LHT.

Looking for private tour suggestions/options.

You might see if these are what you are looking for or google Lunenburg tours for other options

Maybe see if you can join others on your roll call

http://nova-scotia-van-tours.com/Tour_Rates.html

Halifaxtours.net

Maryann may have some suggestions as it is in her area

we are just staying in Halifax there is enough to keep us busy for the day

Enjoy

Lyn

Still sorting through all the GREAT info you've provided. (thanks again!) I've send emails to a couple of the companies you guys have given me links too.

Any idea of how long it takes to get from Halifax to Lunenburg?

Beach4me,

We have just returned from a NE / Canada cruise on Celebrity Summit. I especially wanted to go to Lunenburg because I have a childhood friend who has a B&B there. We're also fans of Haven, which is filmed there.

You might want to check out our review with pictures at www.thepreismans.com. Most all of our tours were private, and we provided the links to the tours in the review. Enjoy!

Beach4me,

We have just returned from a NE / Canada cruise on Celebrity Summit. I especially wanted to go to Lunenburg because I have a childhood friend who has a B&B there. We're also fans of Haven, which is filmed there.

You might want to check out our review with pictures at www.thepreismans.com. Most all of our tours were private, and we provided the links to the tours in the review. Enjoy!

WOW! Thank you for pointing me to your website. What a great review with lots of great info. I can't wait to take a look at your other trips, too!

Along with Lunenburg, I loved the info on Quebec. I'm doing a rt from Quebec next year. Before logging onto cruisecritic tonight, I made reservations at a little boutique hotel not far from the ship dock. As I looked at all the pics you guys posted of Lower Town, I kept thinking "that's got to be near the hotel" - and I just about squealed! LOL

Thank you again. You rock!!! :)

WOW! Thank you for pointing me to your website. What a great review with lots of great info. I can't wait to take a look at your other trips, too!

Along with Lunenburg, I loved the info on Quebec. I'm doing a rt from Quebec next year. Before logging onto cruisecritic tonight, I made reservations at a little boutique hotel not far from the ship dock. As I looked at all the pics you guys posted of Lower Town, I kept thinking "that's got to be near the hotel" - and I just about squealed! LOL

Thank you again. You rock!!! :)

Well, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the site. We have been very lucky to be able to travel all over the world, and we love to share our experiences with everyone.

Archived