donuts on liberty

enyliram

I read that no chocolate donuts available in the wj .are they still available in the café promenade in the morning?

On our Halloween cruise on Explorer last month, there were no donuts to be found anyplace on the ship. We tracked down the manager of the WJ and asked about it since we have always enjoyed having one or two in the morning with coffee. He told us that they had stopped making them about 5-6 cruises back. That would have been sometime in September. He told us that they got notified from corporate to stop making them and that it applied to all the ships. No reason for the change was known by him.

To say that we were a bit POed off, would be an understatement. He took our cabin number and said he would get back to us. Later he called and told us that if we wanted some donuts, the cook would make them specially for us. We told him no since they should be making them for EVERYONE.....

If one felt strongly about this, a letter to corporate would be the way to go.

On our Halloween cruise on Explorer last month, there were no donuts to be found anyplace on the ship. We tracked down the manager of the WJ and asked about it since we have always enjoyed having one or two in the morning with coffee. He told us that they had stopped making them about 5-6 cruises back. That would have been sometime in September. He told us that they got notified from corporate to stop making them and that it applied to all the ships. No reason for the change was known by him.

To say that we were a bit POed off, would be an understatement. He took our cabin number and said he would get back to us. Later he called and told us that if we wanted some donuts, the cook would make them specially for us. We told him no since they should be making them for EVERYONE.....

If one felt strongly about this, a letter to corporate would be the way to go.

My husband and I were also on that sailing and were very disappointed about the donuts! It's the little things that we enjoy while cruising.

Assuming they still are not serving donuts, be sure to voice your concerns about it to some of the people in management on the ship. Complaining to the servers will get you no where. A couple days after complaining about the lack of donuts to the WJ manager, we were talking to the Captain at the Halloween party. When he asked how things were going on the cruise, we told him about the lack of donuts. He told us that he did not know anything about it. I kind of doubt that, but you never know. Anyway, he said that he was going to ask about it and pass on the concerns to his bosses back at corporate.

Maybe enough complaints coming into corporate will get the policy changed.

Edited by edjny

On all ships? Wow. I wonder if they still have the chocolate muffins in the MDR? And please do not get rid of the apple and cheese Danish.

I look forward to the corn muffins the last night in the MDR but our server informed us that every night the bread selection stays the same. No more variations every night.

I look forward to the corn muffins the last night in the MDR but our server informed us that every night the bread selection stays the same. No more variations every night.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen corn muffins for a few months now.

I could live without the donuts - but the apple danish. I love them! I could buy or make them at home - but then I would weigh 500 pounds. I enjoy splurging while on a cruise. I sail Saturday on Indy - if donuts are not there, I will complain. I will be with my mom - she loves her plain donut with a cup of coffee in the morning. She will be sure to complain. I don't understand why they would cut donuts?

Kathy

I was on Jewel in the summer and they had donuts at breakfast.

When DH and I went on our very first cruise in 2003, it was on Navigator. I fell in love with their Chocolate Chip cookies....they were just incredible. They could be found all the time in WJ. The next RCCL ship we went on, I only found them 'periodically' in the WJ. When I asked I found out that they rotated types of cookies and as a matter of fact all of their desserts...rotated types of donuts, pies, pastries.

But I wanted my chocolate chip cookies.....the way around it...was to order them as 'dessert' with my coffee at dinner. They would bring me a plate of 6 cookies...I was willing to share with my table mates...but rarely did someone want something as boring as chocolate chip cookies, when the dinner desserts were so much more elaborate.

What I did not finish with coffee -- I simply took back to my cabin...and always had the chocolate chip cookies when I wanted them.

Edited by Paulette3028