Angry Orchard hard cider on board?

slyster

Typically the ships only carry cider if there is an English pub on board (Oasis class, Freedom class, Voyager class and some Radiance class) or if they are on a European itinerary.

Your choices for cider will be Strongbow or Magners. Strongbow tends to be closer in flavor to Angry Orchard and Magners tends to be more dry (in my experience).

I love Hard Cider!! it is gluten free so I can have it while my hubby has a beer... BUT on Freedom of the Seas in December there was no Hard cider in the pub. The bartender said they don't have any brand of hard Cider and never have.......

I expected there was going to be Hard Cider since while on Brilliance for a Baltic cruise this past summer leaving England, there was Hard Cider all over the ship to purchase.

I can't figure it out... maybe Europe cruises have Hard Cider because it is more popular in Europe.

I don't know if they do....but at home try it with a shot of fireball mixed in. It tastes like cinnamon apple. Fall in a glass! It's super yummy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is the hot new drink for my adult kids and their friends lately ;)

Is that like Mike hard lemonade:confused:

No. Hard cider is completely different, and it's actually good.

(Oh, and Angry Orchard makes Cinnful that's cinnamon apple, and it's really good. The ginger is really good as well.)

Now if I could just get them to add a pear cider (preferably Kopparberg), I'd be a happy happy girl.

"Hard Lemonade" is malt liquor with fruit juice/flavor added.

In the USA it is. Which is quite a shock for those of us from Canada where "hard lemonade" is vodka with fruit juice/flavour added.

Mike's hard lemonade in Canada is very, very different from the American brand.

I love Hard Cider!! it is gluten free so I can have it while my hubby has a beer... BUT on Freedom of the Seas in December there was no Hard cider in the pub. The bartender said they don't have any brand of hard Cider and never have.......

I expected there was going to be Hard Cider since while on Brilliance for a Baltic cruise this past summer leaving England, there was Hard Cider all over the ship to purchase.

I can't figure it out... maybe Europe cruises have Hard Cider because it is more popular in Europe.

Hmmm... they may not have it now but Freedom most certainly did have Strongbow in 2011!

Ok...well thanks to everyone for confirming...no hard cider on most ships and most likely not Jewel of the Seas. That's ok...there are going to be a lot of other choices so I'll muddle through somehow :p

Ncsteeler, were those 5 cruises either with a pub or in Europe?

Edited by slyster

Ok...well thanks to everyone for confirming...no hard cider on most ships and most likely not Jewel of the Seas. That's ok...there are going to be a lot of other choices so I'll muddle through somehow :p

Ncsteeler, were those 5 cruises either with a pub or in Europe?

Only one with out a pub was Monarch and Serenade and they had Strongbow at several bars. I'll be on jewel in a few weeks , I'll try and remember to check and report back.

• 1 month later...

After trying Strongbow now I sure wish they would replace it with Angry Orchard or Woodchucks!!! Any kind of either brand of hard cider would be good!!! I too like the Ginger!

Edited by dasi11

• 4 weeks later...

I'm another one who really enjoys hard cider. When I was on Explorer in 2011, the pub had cider, but none of the other bars. So we were there fairly often. :-) If you like cider AND beer, try the snakebite. The snakebite is a beer mixed with cider. And it is NICE. One of my favorite refreshing drinks.

I was on the Brilliance 2 weeks ago and they have an English pub. They had strongbow which is not my favorite but I ordered it with a Harp and made a snakebite. I like Woodchuck as it is sweeter and with a snakebite I like to taste the contrast, not much contrast with strongbow, but being on vacation and on a cruise...it was easy to let that slide.

I'm also a fan of Angry Orchard and was recently on Adventure. I asked and they had neither Angry Orchard or Red's Apple ale. They did say they have gotten several requests for it.

Steve

Just an FYI, Red's is not cider, but a basic "American ale" with some apple concentrate thrown in just before bottling.

ncsteeler, wondering if you had a chance to find out if jewel had strongbow? If not, no worries. I tried the red apple ale a couple of weeks ago. and it was pretty good.