Restaurants & Eateries on Royal Princess??

zebra

Please help! I would like to know which restaurants charge & how much the charges are. And then, which eating venues are free. Thanks for your help.

Dinner at Crown Grill is $25pp.

Dinner at Sabatinis is $25pp.

3 scoops of gelato at Gelatos are $2.75 any way you'd like 'em.

Pretty much all other eating venues are included in your fare. Bon Appetit!

Edited by SeymourKopath

Dinner at Crown Grill is $25pp.

Dinner at Sabatinis is $25pp.

3 scoops of gelato at Gelatos are $2.75 any way you'd like 'em.

Pretty much all other eating venues are included in your fare. Bon Appetit!

The Crab Shack and Fondues are not separate venues but are offered on several evenings in a closed off portion of the Horizon Court. There is a charge of $20 for these two meals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Crab Shack and Fondues are not separate venues but are offered on several evenings in a closed off portion of the Horizon Court. There is a charge of $20 for these two meals.

So, we're going beyond the OP's request of eating venues that charge extra? OK.

I believe it's the Ocean Terrace Bar on Deck 7, facing the atrium, that offers a number of tasty seafood tidbits available for an extra charge.

The SeaView Bar on 16 has a Crab Margarita that's not a margarita at all. Really a very tasty crab cocktail for about $6.

Swirls (the ice cream stand) on 16 sells boxes of movie candy for $1.95 during MUTS.

Pizza ordered by room service is $3 per order.

I'm sure I've missed some. And I'm just as sure you'll fill us in. ;)

I read somewhere that the afternoon tea offers a larger menu for an upscale price?

The Royal Afternoon Tea (ask for details at Vines) is $10pp, a bit more ($15pp?) with champagne. It's conducted in the seating area in the atrium under Bellini's and limited to approximately 24 guests. There is a hostess that will go over all of the details with you during the event, as well as describe the specialty blends of teas you are enjoying. The finger foods are much larger and of higher quality. I rather quite enjoyed it myself, although some prefer the complimentary afternoon tea conducted in the Symphony Dining Room.

When asked the difference between the two events offered, the complimentary afternoon tea and the Royal Afternoon Tea, this was my response:

The regular version involved several waiters walking around with large platters of small finger sandwiches etc. and pots of standard brewed tea that came from a very large stainless container, and everyone was seated in masse at the large tables in the MDR. It was more like a gathering than it was a true social event, and the noise level got a little high with all those in that section of the MDR talking at once.

The Royal version was by far a lot more intimate, seating was at small tables and couches for 2 or 4 people, and had a much higher quality of larger finger sandwiches and scones served on a tiered display with each table (usually just two people) getting their own individual assortment of tiered goodies, as well as three different types of herbal and specially brewed teas. This was served by one or two dedicated waiters and a hostess (Carmen) that gave details during the event. Each guest was given a ribbon-tied scroll of the event.

Both offered unlimited refills of sandwiches and beverages if desired. Either one would be fine depending on whether it would be worth it for someone to pay the $10 for the enhanced version and how many people you wanted to socialize with during tea.

Here are pictures of the Royal Afternoon Tea from when I was aboard Royal Princess:

11358383934_148d7780e2_c.jpg

11358415014_3b69340a96_c.jpg

11527809984_cc58e3597c_c.jpg

11358415034_dfc2fe719b_c.jpg

11358415064_7fce54232a_c.jpg

Thanks all, wow lots of choices - glad to know that Alfredo's is free. Is the London Pub lunch free as well????

Pictures from the Pub Lunches I enjoyed on Royal Princess:

Pictures from Pub Lunch on Royal Princess:

Menus for the two different Sea Day Pub Lunches

11204786525_a6099be5d1_c.jpg

11368658793_95ea6e8aed_c.jpg

Beers available

11204870536_24335dfa00_c.jpg

11527490093_c0ed052efb_c.jpg

My experience from Fondues:

Fondues was an interesting 90 minute experience. After an appetizer of German Potato Pancakes with cured salmon came the 'main course' Champagne and Swiss Cheese fondue with chicken, bratwurst, and baguette dippers, followed by a 'desert' of Chocolate Fondue with choux puffs, strawberries, marshmallows, and pineapple. Included was a large shot of (very strong) Kirschwasser cherry brandy. It was very filling and quite tasty. You could get refills on the food bowls if you wanted.

11262218625_0d1d0becb5_c.jpg

11262218575_7af5be914d_c.jpg

11262219195_98e2d490b5_c.jpg

11262218825_a5eb9b7da4_c.jpg

11262219205_4e035c1fc9_c.jpg

11262219215_95d2683277_c.jpg