Upgrade or is it?

JamMouse

We booked our room on the Crown Princess C601 "B2" and just checked my personalizer and my NEW room is C431 "B1". Which one is better? Please help this is our first cruise for our 6 year anniversary.

Edited by JamMouse

We booked our room on the Crown Princess C601 "B2" and just checked my personalizer and my NEW room is C431 "B1". Which one is better? Please help this is our first cruise for our anniversary.

Princess considers this an upgrade because of location. Generally, the more mid ship the room the better, so I guess this would be considered an upgrade. Have you checked the deck plans to make sure it's not next to an elevator or something?

Yes, it is technically an upgrade. A lot of people like to be nearer the middle of the ship because there's less motion there. Category B1 is the highest category of balcony cabin.

Edited by geoherb

Princess considers this an upgrade because of location. Generally, the more mid ship the room the better, so I guess this would be considered an upgrade. Have you checked the deck plans to make sure it's not next to an elevator or something?

It is directly across from the panoramic lift. And it was a free upgrade.

It is directly across from the panoramic lift. And it was a free upgrade.

Well, there might be some noise from people getting on and off the elevator, but if motion sickness is an issue with you, you will want the midship cabin.

I'd keep the upgraded room, enjoy the big balcony and happy anniversary!

My thoughts exactly. Enjoy your cruise! (I'm trying to remember my 6th anniversary. It was soooooooooooooo long ago!)

Congrats on the upgrade, but check more than just how close to the center of the ship it is.

I always take a look at the deck plans and make sure that I have passenger cabins across the hall, on either side, above and below. Once I'm satisfied with the location, I mark my preferences as "no upgrades" since the cruise line's idea of an upgrade may not be my idea of an upgrade.

Before I figured it all out, I ended up across the hall from a scullery - it was a blank wall on the deck plan - that served as a morning wake up call, under the pool deck where lounge chairs being dragged around served as my morning wake up call, and above a piano bar that went boomety boomety until around 2:00 AM.

the op is on caribe, so passenger decks above and below.

I also have never noticed noise near an elevator.

I have been across the hall from where they store the service carts and the cart going over the sill very early in the morning with the glasses clanging made for a horrible early wake-up.

Well, there might be some noise from people getting on and off the elevator, but if motion sickness is an issue with you, you will want the midship cabin.

I have had cabins by the elevator and never heard anything. OP it's an upgrade as it is mid-ship. A nice location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were upgraded from a BD to a B2 balcony for our upcoming cruise (17th wedding anniversary), except the BD was in the aft (our preferred area of the ship) and the B2 was mid-forward - both were on Caribe.

DH called and talked them into backing it down to a B4 balcony on Dolphin, so we get our absolute favourite type of room. Nice aft room with the deep sheltered balcony :D.

Not as nice as our first cruise, though. We were upgraded from a midship mini to an aft full suite :D:D. Our TA was shocked and we were completely hooked. :D:D:D. Princess made their money back on that deal.

Have a great cruise and happy anniversary.