Princess Visa Points

cruisegal40

I redeemed Princess Visa points one ago for OBC for my up coming cruise that leaves on 1/25/2015. When I did this there was a pop up that day the cruise had to be at least 21 days away, which is was at the time I did the transaction. I have checked my account and the OBC is not there. Should I be concerned? If I need to make a call should I call the Princess Visa or the Princess Rewards or Princess Company?

Can someone tell me how quickly there was credited?

I've cashed in Princess Visa points several times for OBC, and it's always been posted to my personalizer within a week. It usually doesn't show under the 'OBC' tab, but rather when you go to the link to print out your 'travel summary', it will be listed there. I've always printed that out and taken it on board with me just in case, but we've never had a problem.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

In my experience it took 3 - 4 days to be applied. It will not show in your crusise personalizer. For me it only appeared on the travel summary under special requests. There has also always been a card with the amount in my stateroom upon boarding. I haven't ever booked it that close to a cruise however you should have recieved a confirmation email from the credit card company confirming the transaction.

In my experience it took 3 - 4 days to be applied. It will not show in your crusise personalizer. For me it only appeared on the travel summary under special requests. There has also always been a card with the amount in my stateroom upon boarding. I haven't ever booked it that close to a cruise however you should have recieved a confirmation email from the credit card company confirming the transaction.

It should be under the OP's personalizer under the 'travel summary', just not in the OBC tab. You still have to access your personalizer to get into the 'travel summary' PDF.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

I think the OP has a different cabin credit showing up in their personalizer & though it was from the credit card company. I which they would clarify the cabin credit a little more. With all the different types it can get confusing sometimes.

In my experience the OBC will say 'Princess Visa redemption', 'travel agent promotion', 'Princess Excursion credit', etc, to let you know where each OBC came from. Maybe my experience has been unique, but I've never had problem knowing where each credit came from, and I usually have several types on each booking.

I had always redeemed points for OBC or something for the cruise. Then last year reading a suggestion on CC to charge everything to your Princess Visa and either right before you go on your cruise or right after you return have the $$ value of points credited to your card as a payment. Takes about two weeks to be applied. That way you get the double points for all charges on your cruise. Did it last summer and was very pleased.

Have Disney Visa and have been using on cruises as you Discribe. We went on Emerald in Dec and charged every thing to D Card have a D Cruise in May. But after that next one is Royal.

1. Does P Vise offer 6 months same as cash for cruise charge?

2. Is there any OBC for charging cruise on P Visa.

3. Is reward dollars 1% of purchases or better?.

4. Can you get reward debit card to apply on board at guess services.

Thanks for help.

Art

3. Is reward dollars 1% of purchases or better?.

2% for all Princess purchases including booking the cabin and onboard expenses. Also air if purchased through Princess. 1% for non-Princess purchases.

One of the options for redemption is OBC on a Princess cruise.

I had always redeemed points for OBC or something for the cruise. Then last year reading a suggestion on CC to charge everything to your Princess Visa and either right before you go on your cruise or right after you return have the $$ value of points credited to your card as a payment. Takes about two weeks to be applied. That way you get the double points for all charges on your cruise. Did it last summer and was very pleased.

Or, redeem points for a cruise discount. You will get more $ value for the points and it will show on your monthly statement as a credit. We just redeemed 60,000 points for a $750.00 credit. All you have to do is provide them with a booking number from a recent cruise that you charged to your Visa and the credit will show in about 2 to 3 weeks.

I always use my Princess V to pay off my cruises. I then pay off the balance which makes DW happy. Love those double points for princess purchases that I redeem for OBC's. When we sail on the CB in September, I'll have a nice OBC total.....:):):)

Bob

I always use my Princess V to pay off my cruises. I then pay off the balance which makes DW happy. Love those double points for princess purchases that I redeem for OBC's. When we sail on the CB in September, I'll have a nice OBC total.....:):):)

Bob

If, instead of using your points to get onboard credit, you just charge your onboard purchases etc to your cruise folio account and then pay that at the end of the cruise with your Princess Visa you will get 2 points for each dollar.

Then redeem your points for a cruise discount rather than OBC. You will get more for your money that way. You do not have to have a future cruise booked to redeem points this way----just use the booking number from your most recent past Princess cruise.

If, instead of using your points to get onboard credit, you just charge your onboard purchases etc to your cruise folio account and then pay that at the end of the cruise with your Princess Visa you will get 2 points for each dollar.

Then redeem your points for a cruise discount rather than OBC. You will get more for your money that way. You do not have to have a future cruise booked to redeem points this way----just use the booking number from your most recent past Princess cruise.

Hi,

Yes, this is exactly the approach that I have been using. I use my Princess Visa to pay my onboard expenses so that I receive the double points. I have redeemed my points for significant discounts on two cruises. I am now working on my third cruise discount. :) I have been very happy with this card.

Chuck

I hadn't thought about this before but if I understand what is being said, not all purchases at Princess get double points since "buying" OBC does not count as a purchase. Are there other things that don't get double points? Gift cards? Gifts for people on board like canapes? Pre-paying for excursions?

I've cashed in Princess Visa points several times for OBC, and it's always been posted to my personalizer within a week. It usually doesn't show under the 'OBC' tab, but rather when you go to the link to print out your 'travel summary', it will be listed there. I've always printed that out and taken it on board with me just in case, but we've never had a problem.
I just printed out my Travel Summary and the Visa OBC is not listed. My TA and shareholder OBC is listed but the Visa redemption isn't. :(

Opps... I take that back. It's listed under "Special Services." You gotta be very young to read that fine print!

Edited by Pam in CA

I just printed out my Travel Summary and the Visa OBC is not listed. My TA and shareholder OBC is listed but the Visa redemption isn't. :(

Opps... I take that back. It's listed under "Special Services." You gotta be very young to read that fine print!

Special Services? Under which tab on the Princess web site?

Yes, you have to really look for it. That's why I've tried to be very specific when explaining where to find it. I think people just click on the 'OBC' tab and when they don't see it there, they think it's not posted anywhere. I do think Princess could make it easier to find.

I like having a large OBC to start things off. Your iidea however makes perfect sense. I will take it under consideration.....:):):)

Thanks

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

That's what we do...........we get every point we can and get the most $ value for those points by redeeming for cruise discounts.