Lido Cabanas on NA

NoWhiners

So before our recent cruise on the NA, I had some trouble finding out about the cabanas—how to reserve them, how much they cost, what they were like. Tip of the hat to our friend cruz chic for filling us in on the details!! Anyway, I decided to post a few notes just to help others who might have the same questions.

To book the cabanas, you call HAL Ship Services 1-800-541-1576 and ask them to help. On NA (and Eurodam) they have 2 categories—Retreat Cabana and Lido Cabanas. The Retreat Cabanas are on the deck above the Lido, near the sliding roof. NA Lido Cabanas are along the starboard windows on the Lido deck. Cost is $200 for 7 days, we reserved a Lido cabana for the whole 14 days, so $400. I think they are $50 a day but not certain.

We had St Tropez, a 2-3 person cabana for our NA cruise. It was the one furthest from Lido bar. The next one is Corsica, then Monte Carlo, then Cannes, then Ibiza and last (or first depending on which way you approach!!) is Corfu. The 2 end ones have 110 & 220 outlets. All have blinds you can lower to block sun if needed. Got champagne and chocolate covered strawberries most days. One day we got chocolate candies which were pretty good. One was like a baby ruth, another was chocolate covered chocolate nougat, another was a chocolate covered crispy thing, "like crumb pie" according to DH! On our cruise, a family of 5-6 used Corfu and Ibiza one day so they opened the curtain between them. If we did it again, we would bring s small fan. It can get a little warm if there isn't a nice breeze. Or, if you jump in the pool you will stay nice and comfy.

I uploaded a few pix but I took them with my phone so they may not be the best.

I can try and answer any questions but I’m not an expert!!

ML

374840265_cabana1.jpg.91e1a26ebaf2e75560b58de0e899e90a.jpg

731887905_cabana2.jpg.7b0f69e78871614443f4533f10e96a0b.jpg

370438392_cabana3.jpg.1f60e4bb4e3b616e562a4dc60285e839.jpg

1921070907_cabana4.jpg.0a2ae28e19b411bd57f178582ddb328a.jpg

128494961_cabana5.jpg.8a9f3db070b875e7b3ecad2adf520703.jpg

Last price list I saw they were $30 on port days and $50 on sea days.

You are correct. For anyone that might be interested here is a thread with the PDFs on pricing etc. see post 9.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=330816&d=1415742508

Oohh, I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense. Good thing I said I wasn't an expert ;)!! A lot of people stopped by and asked how you get a cabana and how much they cost. My standard reply was "you call ship services and it depends on how long you rent them for".

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typo

Oohh, I didn't know that. I guess it makes sense. Good thing I said I wasn't an expert ;)!! A lot of people stopped by and asked how you get a cabana and how much they cost. My standard reply was "you call ship services and it depends on how long you rent them for".

ML

I wouldn't have been able to tell you from memory. I always have to refer to the PDF.

Thanks for the information!! A couple of questions if I may. Can you utilize the Lido Cabanas on embarkation day? And IF you could pick a cabana which one would you choose? Thank you!!

Yes, it will be available as soon as you board. Just be sure to bring your "Gift Card" reservation card up to the Lido deck. Your cabana steward will need it to verify your reservation. If I had it to do over, I would take Corfu. We actually requested this as our first choice and asked for St Tropez as our 2nd choice, which is what we got. I would stick with either end, but now that I know there are outlets in the 2 on the ends, I would stick with this but bring a small electric fan, just to move the air around. Corfu is closest to Dive In and gets better breezes. The middle ones are Ok but you could have people on either side of you. Might not be a big deal if your neighbors are relatively quiet, but one day our neighbors were 2 families who shared the 2 cabanas to one side of us (Corsica and Monte Carlo). It was fine until the parents left and the kids were left on their own. Two 15-16 YO and a couple of 10-12 YO. They decide the best way to entertain themselves was to throw the grapes that were in the fruit basket at each other and scream a lot.

Most days we had good neighbors but YMMV!

Hope this helps

ML

• 1 year later...
You are correct. For anyone that might be interested here is a thread with the PDFs on pricing etc. see post 9.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=330816&d=1415742508

Does anyone know where I can get the 2016 pricing for the cabana's on the Zuiderdam.. We will be a party of four & wonder if our Friends would like to book one..

The URL above is for the 2011-2012 pricing..

Thanks..

Does anyone know where I can get the 2016 pricing for the cabana's on the Zuiderdam.. We will be a party of four & wonder if our Friends would like to book one..

Thanks..

To my knowledge, the pricing has not changed in the existence of the cabanas. It certainly hasn't changed for our KDam cabana next march.

Thanks..

Here is the scanned 2016 Cabana Price List:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lido-Caban-Prices.pdf

Can anyone tell me whether a cabana can be booked ahead if you only want it for a day, not the whole cruise? We know that on a specific port day we are not getting off and would like to pre book a cabana.

Daily rentals can only be done on board.