Haven vs Suite on the Pearl

MoyCoy

We are new the NCL and were looking at a 5 day post Disney cruise next April. The Suites are $1200 whereas the Haven is $1700 . I was wondering if the Haven is truly worth the extra money. What would one really miss if we choose to sail in a regular suite? Are there other perks for Haven suites that are not listed?

We had a Haven suite on the Pearl back in June, and I have to say it was well worth the money. I don't like crowds, and found it to be such a nice retreat. Also, we were able to get served breakfast and lunch in the courtyard, which was lovely. Very nice to be able to step out of our cabin and right into a nice peaceful area for breakfast. We also enjoyed having access to the private sundeck on top, instead of having to fight the crowds on the other outside decks if we didn't want to. Just our experience, I hope this helps a little bit :).

I wouldn't pay $500pp extra just for Haven access on Jewel class ships. Regular suites get all other perks except the access to the actual Haven area and while you can escape other passengers while being outside, they are there for everything else.

For half of that price difference, maybe I would think about it.

Being in the Haven feels like being on a private yacht. It's a very exclusive experience and I absolutely love it. The other suites are great, too, but you don't get the great Haven sun deck or the private pool and hot tub area.

We will be traveling with our 5 year old twins. It seems that Haven would be to quite of a atmosphere for my young children..hummm:o

We'll be on the Pearl at the end of April and decided on a Haven Suite. Our little one will be 8 by then but after researching some we saw a lot of families taking advantage of the private pool area with their kiddos. It can't be too anti-kid since they do offer Haven Family Suites. That said our daughter is pretty mello and well behaved. Lol, she's still a kid tho so if need be we'll gauge the situation and see if It'd be more appropriate to return at another time. I think everyone can enjoy the Haven life as long as we're all considerate to each other :)

We'll be on the Pearl at the end of April and decided on a Haven Suite. Our little one will be 8 by then but after researching some we saw a lot of families taking advantage of the private pool area with their kiddos. It can't be too anti-kid since they do offer Haven Family Suites. That said our daughter is pretty mello and well behaved. Lol, she's still a kid tho so if need be we'll gauge the situation and see if It'd be more appropriate to return at another time. I think everyone can enjoy the Haven life as long as we're all considerate to each other :)

Exactly! I'll take a Haven pool full of considerate kids over one inconsiderate adult any day!

- The room is most likely larger.

- Courtyard with pool, hot tub, and exercise equipment.

- Yes there were kids. I think there were about 7-8 kids on our cruise. All were well behave. Most of the time the courtyard was empty.

- Private deck on top of ship.

- We had an officers reception and glacier reception.

- They have an upgraded coffee maker.

- Dedicated butler.

- Breakfast & Lunch in the courtyard.

- White table service in your room.

- DVD player and selection of dvds.

- Treats brought to your room everyday.

We loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

- The room is most likely larger.

- Yes there were kids. I think there were about 7-8 kids on our cruise. All were well behave. Most of the time the courtyard was empty.

- Private deck on top of ship.

- We had an officers reception and glacier reception.

- They have an upgraded coffee maker.

- Dedicated butler.

- White table service in your room.

- DVD player and selection of dvds.

- Treats brought to your room everyday.

We loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Some of these amenities are not exclusive to Haven suites. DVDs, treats, white cloth table service ensuite, for example, are available to all suite guests, Haven or not.

Only these are different between non-Haven suites and Haven suites, everything else applies to all full suites. Regular suite guests will also be invited to the officer's (actually VIP) reception when it is hosted in the Haven.

Edited by Demonyte

Our suite reception was held in the lounge - Pearl 2012. we were in an SF suite.

as was the Latitudes reception.

Yep, most of those (VIP receptions) are held inside. We have attended one held in Haven at least on Jade during summer, but this spring on Jade it was held in Star Bar - so the location for these functions varies a lot.

Edited by Demonyte

We are new the NCL and were looking at a 5 day post Disney cruise next April. The Suites are $1200 whereas the Haven is $1700 . I was wondering if the Haven is truly worth the extra money. What would one really miss if we choose to sail in a regular suite? Are there other perks for Haven suites that are not listed?

Is $1200 for the cheapest suites with aft view? If yes, I think that sideview and access to the Haven is worth the extra Money.

Only these are different between non-Haven suites and Haven suites, everything else applies to all full suites. Regular suite guests will also be invited to the officer's (actually VIP) reception when it is hosted in the Haven.

If I'm not mistaken, on the Pearl, suites as well as Haven suites get to eat breakfast/lunch in either Cagney's or Moderno's.....depending on where they're having it.

Harriet

If I'm not mistaken, on the Pearl, suites as well as Haven suites get to eat breakfast/lunch in either Cagney's or Moderno's.....depending on where they're having it.

You are not mistaken. The part of the message I quoted didn't mention VIP breakfast/lunch in a restaurant but instead "Breakfast & Lunch in the courtyard" which is only available for Haven guests served by their butler.

Edited by Demonyte

You are not mistaken. The part of the message I quoted didn't mention VIP breakfast/lunch in a restaurant but instead "Breakfast & Lunch in the courtyard" which is only available for Haven guests served by their butler.

Ahhh, rereading your post I see you are correct. I missed that part!

Harriet

Hello,

In my opinion the extra cost for a Haven suite is not worth it. As others have said, you get all the other perks (my favourite being breakfast and lunch at Cagney's) with non-Haven suites. Also, the Haven area on Jewel-class ships is quite small.

I prefer the Jewel-class ships which have non-Haven suites, compared to all newer ships (Epic, BA, GA, the new Escape), where all suites are Haven, with the extra cost of course.

But I did appreciate the SPA Haven suite we upgraded to (2 days before departure!) on the Breakaway last December: the Haven area is much larger, and on such a crowded ship, both the SPA and the private Haven areas were a lot less crowded.

Haven or not, suites are great on NCL!

Regards,

Marc.

Hello,

In my opinion the extra cost for a Haven suite is not worth it. As others have said, you get all the other perks (my favourite being breakfast and lunch at Cagney's) with non-Haven suites. Also, the Haven area on Jewel-class ships is quite small.

I prefer the Jewel-class ships which have non-Haven suites, compared to all newer ships (Epic, BA, GA, the new Escape), where all suites are Haven, with the extra cost of course.

But I did appreciate the SPA Haven suite we upgraded to (2 days before departure!) on the Breakaway last December: the Haven area is much larger, and on such a crowded ship, both the SPA and the private Haven areas were a lot less crowded.

Haven or not, suites are great on NCL!

Regards,

Marc.

I agree, we were on the Pearl in April. The Haven is quite small. It doesn't have it's own restaurant, lounge or bar. The Haven on our cruise was empty most of the time, so if that's what you're looking for, go for it, but in my opinion, it's not worth the money. I booked the Jewel for Feb. 2016 and booked a suite, not the Haven. If I was on the one of the mega ships I would book the Haven.