Some American Express cards offering $100 of $500 NCL Cruises

Sizzlechest

Check your American Express Cards' Amex Offers. Expires: 04/30/2016

Details

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a Norwegian Cruise Line sailing at ncl.com between 2/29/16 and 4/30/2016. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for qualifying reservations between 2/29/16 and 4/30/16. Includes spend for booking directly via ncl.com, phone, or through travel agents. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Excludes RCL, Sixthman, and Kloster. Valid only on US website. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your American Express Serve® or Bluebird® Card to take advantage of this offer. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BZK2:0001

Edited by Sizzlechest

Thanks for the tip, I will use this! Found this on my Amex blue cash but not my platinum. I split my cruise fare in half between the two cards to take advantage of the $100 statement credit and the Amex cruise Benifits (platty) which will give me $200 OBC

I have a cruise that I've already booked, but haven't done final payment yet. If I make a $500 advance payment on that cruise now, I wonder whether I'll get $100 back.

If you find out, let us know! I'm wondering the same thing...

I called Amex and asked them. The representative said that it would work, but I didn't get the sense that he really knew what he was talking about, haha. I'll give it a try, but the T&C state that the credit won't be received until after 4/30, so we might need to wait and see whether it will actually work.

Worst comes to worst, I pay $500 of my cruise fare a couple months earlier than I have to.

Edited by dcipjr

On my TA's website it said you can get $100 OBC if you use the Amex business platinum card, which I have. When I booked my cruise in November, the agent said I couldn't get this because I used a fcc which was purchased on a different credit card. The entire trip has to be on amex.

I called Amex and asked them. The representative said that it would work, but I didn't get the sense that he really knew what he was talking about, haha. I'll give it a try, but the T&C state that the credit won't be received until after 4/30, so we might need to wait and see whether it will actually work.

Worst comes to worst, I pay $500 of my cruise fare a couple months earlier than I have to.

I will try it too, what is there to lose?

Thanks so much for posting this!

I will call Amex to clarify, but this forum is sometimes more useful than them :p

Does this work if we used a travel agent NOT from NCL. Meaning not by calling up NCL, but just using our travel agent. The statement shows the travel agent when we pay with our credit card. I wonder how they differentiate

This would be absolutely amazing as my hubby and I both have this offer on our cards and a cruise that we need to pay off anyway!

I use these Amex offers quite often, and just to be clear, it is not OBC. What happens is, you register for the offer, and then if you make the required spend on your card, you get a statement credit. So, if you spend $500, you get charged $500 on your card, but then you'll get a $100 statement credit, so when you go to pay your Amex bill, you end up only having to pay $400.

I have several Amex cards that I can use for this offer, but the only thing I'm not clear about is whether one must make a payment between 2/29/16 and 4/30/16, or whether one must sail between those dates.

By the way -- whenever I have used Amex offers, my statement credit usually posts very quickly, even though it always says they reserve the right to take longer.

Aargh! I paid off my balance (early) yesterday! I quickly added the offer to my card as soon as I saw this, but the charge had already gone through. (If you add an offer while the charge is pending, you usually get the credit)

So...I'm wondering now if I pre-pay gratuities and buy some OBC in one transaction if that will be coded in the right at to get the credit? Hoping people post their experiences on this.

For those of you who have multiple Amex cards or who have authorized users on your cards, be aware that you can sign up for multiple cards, including authorized user cards. It's tricky though -- if you have one log in for more than one Amex card, once you select the offer on one card, it disappears from the other cards on the same account unless you know the tricks. For authorized users, what you want to do is set up a separate online account for those authorized users and then you can select the offer on their cards.

So far, from what I can tell, this offer is available on membership rewards earning cards but not co-branded cards (like the Amex SPG). Including authorized users, I was able to add this offer to six cards today. My cruise is in June and final payment isn't due yet, but I'm hoping I can make a $500 payment on each card and save $600 in total. I just made one $500 payment today on one card toward the cruise, and I'll wait to see if it credits quickly and then report back on the experiment.

Here's a good resource for figuring out how to load Amex offers on more than one card:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/complete-guide-amex-offers/

I looked into the details of the payment I made yesterday and it is listed as "Norwegian Cruise Line - Reservation" even though I made the reservation last year. That makes it seem that perhaps any payment made will still be listed as "reservation"

What I want to know is if pre-paying gratuities is still listed as "reservation" or if that is listed as something else? (Anyone make a payment lately that can look that up?)

Also - I also saw $75 statement credit for a $250 Carnival cruise in my offers.

Just paid 500$ off for my cruise in November! I am crossing my fingers and hoping it works!

And if it does, my hubby is an authorized user and I had him add it onto his card so we will pay the rest off to get another 100$ off for this cruise. I think our inside cabin over thanksgiving on the Epic with gratuities and the UBP will end up being 1300$ which is ridiculous and awesome!

Well -- that was quick -- I called and made the 500$ payment and immediately got an email that was titled "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer".

Dear __________,

We appreciate you using our Amex Offer at USD RESERVATION. Look out for a $100.00 statement credit, which will automatically be applied to your statement if your purchase meets the offer terms.

I paid by contacting my travel agent. This is probably the most exciting thing I have had all week! Woo! Money Monday :D

Will be paying the remaining (which needs gratuities added to hit 500$) on my husband's card when he gets home!

I have an existing cruise booked with NCL Getaway for February 26, 2017.

I booked it on February 22, 2016. I pay with my Amex.

Do I need to call Amex and ask?

I booked directly with NCL using a FCC.

If I call NCL and put a $500 payment on my cruise, I should get $100 OBC?

Thank you SO much!

Can someone link to the detail page.--spend $500 get $100 back

I can't seem to find it.

~~~

What I did find is

https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

$100-$300 per stateroom shipboard credit (depending on category booked)

Complimentary dinner for two at Le Bistro Restaurant

Not sure if I have to book under AE travel site or if I can go directly to NCL and book. :confused:

MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS PROMOTION IS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT IT IS NOT OR YOU RUN A RISK OF BEING DISAPPOINTED

I have an existing cruise booked with NCL Getaway for February 26, 2017.

I booked it on February 22, 2016. I pay with my Amex.

Do I need to call Amex and ask?

I booked directly with NCL using a FCC.

If I call NCL and put a $500 payment on my cruise, I should get $100 OBC?

Thank you SO much!

No, on two grounds. First, this is not OBC. Second, merely paying with an Amex is not enough. You register for this promo through Amex online. If you have an Amex card or cards, you log in to your account and you will see a number of offers. If this promotion shows up for you, you register for it on americanexpress.com. NCL has nothing to do with it. It all happens through Amex. Then, once you use your registered card, if you meet the terms of the promo, you will get $100 in statement credit (not OBC). If you have multiple Amex cards, you may be able to register more than one, but it is tricky. I posted above a link about that.

Can someone link to the detail page.--spend $500 get $100 back

I can't seem to find it.

(snip)

Not sure if I have to book under AE travel site or if I can go directly to NCL and book. :confused:

There is not really a link. You need to check your Amex account on line and see if you are eligible to register for the promotion under your offers.

There is not really a link. You need to check your Amex account on line and see if you are eligible to register for the promotion under your offers.

Took some doing, but did find the offer.

All I had to do is Add to Card.

stating - Your offer has been added. Remember to use your enrolled Card to pay and receive the statement credit.

Thanks again!