Some American Express cards offering $100 of $500 NCL Cruises

Sizzlechest

Nauti--First of all you have to select the offer on your AMEX opening page (some AMEX cards do not have the offer) --look under "AMEX offers & benefits" on lower part of page. THEN, you must select the offer and "add it to your card" THEN you must make a $500 payment to NCL toward your cruise (if you use a TA--they can do it). I do not think that any payments you made prior to "selecting the offer" will count. Think of it as making a $500 payment toward your cruise for only $400.

Nauti--First of all you have to select the offer on your AMEX opening page (some AMEX cards do not have the offer) --look under "AMEX offers & benefits" on lower part of page. THEN, you must select the offer and "add it to your card" THEN you must make a $500 payment to NCL toward your cruise (if you use a TA--they can do it). I do not think that any payments you made prior to "selecting the offer" will count. Think of it as making a $500 payment toward your cruise for only $400.

I just chatted with AE.

He said that I can make a payment of $100 to equal $500 to get the offer. :D

I hope he is right. :rolleyes:;)

So that's what I just did.

I also used another computer to open up AE account under my DH's card.

I applied the offer and made a $500 payment.

So glad I saw this post! (and my DH wonders why I am on CC every day!)

I had just applied for and gotten a True Blue card to replace the outgoing Costco Amex. It had an offer of "spend $1000 in 1st 3 months, get $200 credit"

I was wondering how I would do that when I saw this, made another log in for DH's companion card, clicked on both offers, made the 2 $500 payments on my November cruise that I had just booked and Voila! Basically lowered my cruise cost by $400!!

Now granted, I had not planned on making such a large payment on a November cruise so soon but gee, who can pass up free money?

Thanks for posting this Sizzle; I signed up and it took me less than a minute. I've got a final payment coming up this month, so perfect timing!

Check your American Express Cards' Amex Offers. Expires: 04/30/2016

Details

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $500 or more to purchase a Norwegian Cruise Line sailing at ncl.com between 2/29/16 and 4/30/2016. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer valid for qualifying reservations between 2/29/16 and 4/30/16. Includes spend for booking directly via ncl.com, phone, or through travel agents. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Excludes RCL, Sixthman, and Kloster. Valid only on US website. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your American Express Serve® or Bluebird® Card to take advantage of this offer. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BZK2:0001

I'm not sure I would apply for a new American Express card because of this offer -- these "AmEx Offer" deals are targeted to specific cardholders, so there is no guarantee than any particular cardholder will get that offer.

Important--if you are going to use this Amex offer on more than one card, YOU MUST READ POST #14 AND CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE POSTING.

I got this on my AmEx "Blue" card and have already added.

Am I understanding correctly that if I try to add my brother for example as a second card holder on my account that this offer would not show as an option since I have already added?

He has the Delta AmEx card and doesn't have the offer available.

Ironically this popped up while I was on a NCL cruise but as luck would have it I am booking and sailing again before the end of April.

Sweet!

I checked my offers on my AMEX Platinum card and it was there! Made the wife who is an authorized user on my account check her offers and she had it too!

Free money is always appreciated! $200 off our Alaskan cruise is awesome and will go towards shore excursions!

Between this offer and the usual CPP promo we get from AMEX & Norwegian, I love using this card!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Forums mobile app

I got this on my AmEx "Blue" card and have already added.

Am I understanding correctly that if I try to add my brother for example as a second card holder on my account that this offer would not show as an option since I have already added?

He has the Delta AmEx card and doesn't have the offer available.

Ironically this popped up while I was on a NCL cruise but as luck would have it I am booking and sailing again before the end of April.

I am an authorized user on my husband's Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and both of us got the offer. I claimed both (using separate logins) and used my husband's for our $500 OBC. My $100 credit is still available. Whether they would put it on for a newly added authorized user, I don't know, but you could try.

Edited by Mistizoom

I am an authorized user on my husband's Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and both of us got the offer. I claimed both (using separate logins) and used my husband's for our $500 OBC. My $100 credit is still available. Whether they would put it on for a newly added authorized user, I don't know, but you could try.

Thanks! I will try adding him and see if it is available on his end. As you said, can't hurt to try. Not leaving till April 24th so I have some time to word with.

If you see the offer in your amex account you can book it. I don't think the branded cards get it.

I purchased my cruise a few days ago to sail in 11 days (I suprised myself)

Anyway, I booked through Costco travel and used my amex Costco credit card. The travel agent made no mention of this. How do I go about getting this credit

Yep. I have a Costco AMEX as well.

Just logged on and it is NOT in the list of offers. I called AMEX customer service to inquire if they could add the offer to our account/card. I was politely told they couldn't as those offers are automatically loaded and selected by their marketing department so if you don't see the offer, you can't get it. :(

Yep. I have a Costco AMEX as well.

Just logged on and it is NOT in the list of offers. I called AMEX customer service to inquire if they could add the offer to our account/card. I was politely told they couldn't as those offers are automatically loaded and selected by their marketing department so if you don't see the offer, you can't get it. :(

It wasn't on my Costco Amex either. It seems the offer was not added to co-branded cards. The Costco Amex is going to be defunct soon anyway, but I am using it on my trip for hotel and any remaining on board expenses to squeeze the last life out of the 2% cash back for travel.

Thanks for posting the info about this deal. We booked a cruise, last night, via NCL and didn't know about this extra free money. Went to my Amex card and saw the offers which I have applied to my account. Got the email from Amex saying that I have enrolled in this offer.

Good to get free money.

Thanks for posting this, OP.

I checked both my and DH's account, didn't see the offer for Amex Costco but found it under Amex Blue Cash Everyday Card. Called my TA to put $500 on each card and got the confirmation emails from American Express immediately after the transaction took place. Yay! :D:D:D