Oasis drink package increase?

We were on the Oasis for a 7 day Western cruise in Oct. 2015. We have booked the same 7 day Western itinerary for Jan. 2017. We bought the Premium Drink Package for $49 pp (plus 18% gratuity) back in October. I was looking at the Premium Package price for Jan. 2017 and it is $57 pp. For recent Oasis cruisers, what was the price of the Premium Package? I was going to pre-order now to avoid price increases, but maybe I'm already too late!

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

We were on the Oasis for a 7 day Western cruise in Oct. 2015. We have booked the same 7 day Western itinerary for Jan. 2017. We bought the Premium Drink Package for $49 pp (plus 18% gratuity) back in October. I was looking at the Premium Package price for Jan. 2017 and it is $57 pp. For recent Oasis cruisers, what was the price of the Premium Package? I was going to pre-order now to avoid price increases, but maybe I'm already too late!

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

It is possible that the 2017 price is inclusive of service charge. $49 + 18% = $57 ($57.82 to be exact).

Not inclusive it just went up. In fact we are booked for October and I should have bought it when I deposited as it went up since.

Last time we sailed Oasis it went up after I bought it so luckily kept the lower price. I guess this time it's just paybacks.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

It's the same price. $57.82 includes gratuity whereas $49.00 did not include gratuity.

It's the same price. $57.82 includes gratuity whereas $49.00 did not include gratuity.

I just checked my cruise and the cruise planner indicates the price includes gratuity. So Leo is correct. It's the same price as before.

We just sailed on Oasis last week and my husband bought the drink package onboard. It was a better deal than online plus because we are diamond members we received an additional discount.

I was on the Oasis last week also. We paid $454 for the premium package which is $64 per day. That included the tip.

How did you get a discount for diamond members? We didn't see that.

Edited by luvixtapa

These drink prices have reached ridiculous prices. They are saving enourmas amounts of money with fuel prices and they have been inflating the whole cruise experience. I understand making a profit but pass some savings to the consumer.

Edited by rsgwg1

Just off the Allure...my premium package was $64.90 a day or $454.30 (I actually bought it on day 2 for $389.40) A few days before the cruise I had checked the price and it was $404.74. My husband had the select package and it was $49.56 a day or $346.92. A few days before the cruise the price for his was $322.14. I asked if there was a recent price increase and was told no. (There was an increase in January - $5.74 total for the premium and $28.14 for the select).

I was told that the rules on canceling had changed and it now states if you change your mind and want to cancel, you must do so by day 2.

My drink of choice is a lemon drop martini with grey goose and the cost was $15.34.

We just sailed on Oasis last week and my husband bought the drink package onboard. It was a better deal than online plus because we are diamond members we received an additional discount.

When ordering the drink package on the ship, did you have to request the Diamond Discount? Seems like the discount is either not consistent or not openly advertised.

How did you get the discount? None was identified in the Feb. sail. Please advise as you went about as I'm sailing on Oasis on March 26.

I don't drink much but I really emjoy having the drinks of the day through out the day. Should I splurge for the least one???

Going 7-2-16.

Thanks 1st time on oasis.

If you post the drinks you will average every day, we can tell you if it will be worth it to have a package.

c0fa42dda88061a2ab76606cf798dfaf.jpg

Here is a screenshot I just took on my MacBook. I'm in my cruise planner for my Oasis cruise in a few weeks. Premium Package is $49. So $57 something with tips. Per day.

From what I've been reading on other blogs etc. it seems like the package's are differently priced depending on the sailing. Not sure how to figure out which ones are which and why, but it seems to be that way.

... From what I've been reading on other blogs etc. it seems like the package's are differently priced depending on the sailing. Not sure how to figure out which ones are which and why, but it seems to be that way.

So far, the drink package discounts seem totally random.

I like the tutti fruity drinks and soda and am considering the premium package.

Its $49 a day plus gratuity. How much do the tutti fruity drinks cost?

I drink a lot of water, too. Are there places on the ship to fill water bottles or cups?

Thank you.

I drink a lot of water, too. Are there places on the ship to fill water bottles or cups?

Thank you.

A Pina Colada for example is $12.00+18%=$14.16

Thank you.

Fancy cocktails are around $12 now. You can fill water bottles in your stateroom, or by using glasses of water in Windjammer. They don't want you filling your water bottle directly from the water dispenser in Windjammer.