Koningsdam "V" Balcony Cabins

81Zoomie

We would appreciate any comments about the layout and pictures of the "V" balcony cabins on deck 5 that are positioned sideways on the Koningsdam; 5048, 5050, 5051, 5053. Any pros or cons would be appreciated. Do they have a walk in shower or a tub/shower combo. Thanks so much! Enjoy your maiden voyages :)

Got the mirror image cabin (5051)SB side booked for the Caribbean. See one downside, I sneak out for early coffee in the a.m. with DW sleeping. Normal V cabins have the curtain in the 'hall' to block light from entering the sleeping area but there appears to be nothing in this layout. That same curtain blocked light from the bathroom but if that is the bath door at the far side of the mirror, then opening that door will light up the bed area at night also. Am I wrong? Still wont change rooms because I like bigger balconies.

Thanks so much for the pics! It looks like there is a window as well as a door to the balcony. Is that correct? Just wondering if the bathroom layout is standard as well. Thanks again for posting the pics 😀

We would appreciate any comments about the layout and pictures of the "V" balcony cabins on deck 5 that are positioned sideways on the Koningsdam; 5048, 5050, 5051, 5053. Any pros or cons would be appreciated. Do they have a walk in shower or a tub/shower combo. Thanks so much! Enjoy your maiden voyages :)

I found this travel agent (no advertisement for him) who was on the Koningsdam shakedown cruise - he posted a lot of pictures on the ship on Twitter. You do not have to be a "twitter" person to see the pictures and comments. I do not have a twitter account and I was able to view. He even shows my cabin: 5048. The cabin is toward the bottom of his pictures. He shows the menu from the Sel de Mar. HAL told me cabins 5048 & 5051 are 201 square feet each and the balconies are also 201 square feet for each balcony. The only thing I could see with the photos HAL sent to me was that the loveseat was much smaller. The balcony is huge. There are 4 pictures he is showing and if you click on them you can enlarge the photos. Hope this helps you! I see someone already posted those pictures to this thread. FYI: in the pictures for 5048 balcony you can see the double windows - next to the windows is the wall with the TV on it and THEN you have the sliding balcony doors. It is a long wall. You cannot see the wall and the sliding doors in his picture of the balcony. Hope this makes sense.

Here is the link: https://twitter.com/DozersDaddyToo/with_replies

Edited by sunonfire

• 7 years later...
31 minutes ago, singleflyer said:

I just booked V5048 on Nieuw Statendam.  On the map it looks like the veranda door is in the middle of the room; does anyone know if this room has the added window in addition to the balcony door?

The map is wrong. The door is far to one side of the wall and a large square-ish window is farther along. Here are photo galleries of the same room on the Koningsdam, where it is also accessible.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/5048-koningsdam/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1