Cost for additional shuttle passengers - Hilton Garden Inn - Ridgefield Park, NJ

Auggie20855

I have booked a reservation for the Park, Ride & Cruise package (including 1 night's stay) at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield Park, NJ. I did not know until I called the hotel that the reservation only includes shuttle transportation to the Manhattan cruise terminal for TWO passengers. Does anyone know the true cost for an extra two passengers (children)? When I called, the person at the front desk spoke poor English and told me the cost would only be $1.00 and some change. It didn't sound right to me.

Nobody has posted any details about the exact cost of extra people on this offer. Call the hotel back again and ask for the manager. Better yet, ask for their email address so you get their answer in writing.

We have reservations at this hotel this month. When we booked, the hotel told us that not only were the four of us(2 adults 2 kids) included, they would also throw in transportation for my in laws. They are staying at the hotel, but did not book the park and cruise rate because they are flying. Hopefully we won't have any problems getting them to honor that.

We did call and speak to them several times asking various questions. One question was about the type of transportation that they use to get you to the port. Our concern was that it would be a vehicle large enough for 6 people and our luggage. They said that they would let the company know how large our party was when they called to schedule them at our arrival.

Fortunately, we will be staying 3 nights with them prior to leaving on our cruise so we can make sure that everything is set.

I'll be sure to come back and post to let everyone know how it went since not many have used this offer,yet.

We have reservations at this hotel this month. When we booked, the hotel told us that not only were the four of us(2 adults 2 kids) included, they would also throw in transportation for my in laws. They are staying at the hotel, but did not book the park and cruise rate because they are flying. Hopefully we won't have any problems getting them to honor that.

We did call and speak to them several times asking various questions. One question was about the type of transportation that they use to get you to the port. Our concern was that it would be a vehicle large enough for 6 people and our luggage. They said that they would let the company know how large our party was when they called to schedule them at our arrival.

Fortunately, we will be staying 3 nights with them prior to leaving on our cruise so we can make sure that everything is set.

I'll be sure to come back and post to let everyone know how it went since not many have used this offer,yet.

That would be great! See if you can get a manager's name or phone number. This is the only park cruise option that is reasonably close to the Manhattan Cruiseport. I've seen the hotel area from the turnpike and it should be a quick trip into Manhattan on a weekend morning, which is when many of the ships sail.

Thanks! We are staying with them in September and I always want to hear other people's experiences with packages like this. This is fairly new.

That would be great! See if you can get a manager's name or phone number. This is the only park cruise option that is reasonably close to the Manhattan Cruiseport. I've seen the hotel area from the turnpike and it should be a quick trip into Manhattan on a weekend morning, which is when many of the ships sail.

Thanks Carol for your helpful information. I think based on knowing this is the closest to the cruiseport, we will stay here as well in March. I'll be anxious to hear how it turns out for everyone this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I called the hotel yesterday - they gave us a package price for 4 adults in the room and said that they charge 10 dollars per person extra for people not included in the package...we have a 7 yr old with us in addition to the 4 adults so not sure if they charge for him.

I called the hotel yesterday - they gave us a package price for 4 adults in the room and said that they charge 10 dollars per person extra for people not included in the package...we have a 7 yr old with us in addition to the 4 adults so not sure if they charge for him.

An extra $10 for a fifth person is still a great deal!

It really is! They said they modify the package price based on the number of adults in the room too. The price I got was 264 plus tax for 4 adults. Includes roundtrip transportation to the manhattan cruise port. Coming from Maine, we really don't like driving in NY so this feels like a great option.

It really is! They said they modify the package price based on the number of adults in the room too. The price I got was 264 plus tax for 4 adults. Includes roundtrip transportation to the manhattan cruise port. Coming from Maine, we really don't like driving in NY so this feels like a great option.

Please post a review of your experience.

We used the offer for this hotel for a back to back cruise from 6-21-16 through 6-30-16. I was very happy with our stay there. We stayed for 3 nights prior to our departure to do some sightseeing. They allowed us to have 2 different reservations so that we only paid the higher park and cruise rate for one night. My in-laws also stayed there for 3 nights, but they flew in so they did not have to pay for the parking rate. When we booked the rooms, we had asked how much extra it would cost for them to also get transportation with us to the port. They told us that they would not charge any extra so we had 4 adults and 2 kids that were included.

We chose our transportation time to the port when we checked in. They asked us how many pieces of luggage that we had and got everything scheduled. The only hiccup that we had was when the driver showed up in a mini-van that was supposed to hold him plus 6 people and 8 pieces of luggage. Obviously that was not going to work. The hotel was right on top of it and told the driver that he needed to call his supervisor and work it out because they had given them all of the correct information. The driver agreed that he knew the number of people, but the hotel only requested 1 car so that's all that was sent. In a matter of minutes, they sent another car and we were on our way.

Fausto was one of the managers at the hotel and I felt that he really went out of his way to make sure that we were taken care of. Everyone there was very friendly, but I will say that some of the desk clerks had some language barriers. It just took a little patience sometimes to find out what you needed.

We have another cruise booked out of Manhattan in November and have already booked this hotel again. I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have.

Thank you so much for all this information!!

We used the offer for this hotel for a back to back cruise from 6-21-16 through 6-30-16. I was very happy with our stay there. We stayed for 3 nights prior to our departure to do some sightseeing. They allowed us to have 2 different reservations so that we only paid the higher park and cruise rate for one night. My in-laws also stayed there for 3 nights, but they flew in so they did not have to pay for the parking rate. When we booked the rooms, we had asked how much extra it would cost for them to also get transportation with us to the port. They told us that they would not charge any extra so we had 4 adults and 2 kids that were included.

We chose our transportation time to the port when we checked in. They asked us how many pieces of luggage that we had and got everything scheduled. The only hiccup that we had was when the driver showed up in a mini-van that was supposed to hold him plus 6 people and 8 pieces of luggage. Obviously that was not going to work. The hotel was right on top of it and told the driver that he needed to call his supervisor and work it out because they had given them all of the correct information. The driver agreed that he knew the number of people, but the hotel only requested 1 car so that's all that was sent. In a matter of minutes, they sent another car and we were on our way.

Fausto was one of the managers at the hotel and I felt that he really went out of his way to make sure that we were taken care of. Everyone there was very friendly, but I will say that some of the desk clerks had some language barriers. It just took a little patience sometimes to find out what you needed.

We have another cruise booked out of Manhattan in November and have already booked this hotel again. I would be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have.

Where do you get the transportation back to the hotel after the cruise? (We used a car service one trip and it was a bit of a hassle to meet the driver). We drove in another trip so we were planning to do that again in September, but this does sound like a great alternative.

Also, silly question.. Hotel website says package includes transportation TO port. It doesn't mention return trip. It is round trip transportation, right?

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the information. I will call the hotel again and confirm the costs for 4 adults - 2 rooms - 1 vehicle for 10 days, plus shuttle back and forth to Manhattan, and post it.

Thank you for the information and offer to answer questions!

We are 4 couple who just booked a cruise out of NYC for Jan. 28.

This hotel appeals to us because of location and shuttle.

1. With 8 of us traveling together- would we be able to have a shuttle just for us to and from the port?

2. Also- is the shuttle with the hotel or do they arrange through a shuttle service?

3. What is is the cost per person to the port?

Thank you for your help.

The shuttle was with a car service. Our price was included with our park and cruise rate. I would suspect that they would divide you into 2 cars. To my knowledge, the car service's largest car was a Honda mini van.

I recently looked on the hotel's website and it does look like they are now only including your transportation to the port with this offer and no longer round trip. Our cruise in November is a re positioning cruise so we will not be returning to New York and is this not an issue. I am honestly not surprised at them doing this because our driver ended up waiting on us forever. He came an hour earlier than what we scheduled and then they forgot to let us off the ship so we were really late.

I would call the hotel to make sure that you are booked with the correct rate to include transportation. Get the person's name that you speak with in case you have any issues.

It was very apparent that this was something new that the hotel was offering. Most employees didn't know anything about this package. I felt they still did a good job. Hopefully, they will have all of the bugs worked out for you by January. HTH

The shuttle was with a car service. Our price was included with our park and cruise rate. I would suspect that they would divide you into 2 cars. To my knowledge, the car service's largest car was a Honda mini van.

I recently looked on the hotel's website and it does look like they are now only including your transportation to the port with this offer and no longer round trip. Our cruise in November is a re positioning cruise so we will not be returning to New York and is this not an issue. I am honestly not surprised at them doing this because our driver ended up waiting on us forever. He came an hour earlier than what we scheduled and then they forgot to let us off the ship so we were really late.

I would call the hotel to make sure that you are booked with the correct rate to include transportation. Get the person's name that you speak with in case you have any issues.

It was very apparent that this was something new that the hotel was offering. Most employees didn't know anything about this package. I felt they still did a good job. Hopefully, they will have all of the bugs worked out for you by January. HTH

Thank you!

I'll call and get specific info- hopefully, I'll be able to speak with someone who understands English!

Safe travels'

Any idea what a taxi back to the hotel would cost?

If you want to do this, you need to book a car service, not take a NY taxi. Trips between NY and NJ (except Newark Airport) are not subject to NY taxi regulations, which means they can charge you what they want, which would be at least double meter plus tolls.

If you want to do this, you need to book a car service, not take a NY taxi. Trips between NY and NJ (except Newark Airport) are not subject to NY taxi regulations, which means they can charge you what they want, which would be at least double meter plus tolls.

You are just the CC member I want to hear from!

Any other hotels to consider on the Jersey side bedsides Hilton Garden Inn with a cruise and park package? Any other advice is appreciate!

You are just the CC member I want to hear from!

Any other hotels to consider on the Jersey side bedsides Hilton Garden Inn with a cruise and park package? Any other advice is appreciate!

Embassy Suites Secaucus has a park cruise with one way transportation. Trinityreservations.com has a park cruise at EWR with two way transportation. Both are more expensive than the Hilton Gardens. Your choices are very limited for the Manhattan Cruiseport.

Another option is to book a less expensive hotel somewhere, drive to Port Imperial, pay $16/day to park, take the ferry to 39th St for $9/pp, and either walk or take a cab to the pier. Folks have reported that one person could be dropped off at the ferry terminal with the luggage while the other person parked and that it was easy to roll luggage onto the ferry. The Cruiseport is about 12 streets north of the ferry on 12th Ave.