Live from the Dawn

BrBrCruise

I hope your cruise goes better than mine did last week. The pool was like a scene out of Caddy Shack or Animal House. 18 year olds and booze on a ship is not a good combination. It was like a Frat party daily and the pool water was disgusting. Oh, and if you are not already deaf you will be after the music by the pool stops. Enjoy!

I hope your cruise goes better than mine did last week. The pool was like a scene out of Caddy Shack or Animal House. 18 year olds and booze on a ship is not a good combination. It was like a Frat party daily and the pool water was disgusting. Oh, and if you are not already deaf you will be after the music by the pool stops. Enjoy!

It was like that when we went June 2012 - it felt like spring break. That being said, most were well behaved and we never ran into any issues anywhere else on the ship. The only other issue we had is during the "Mr NCL contest" one contestant felt the need to climb up onto the hot tub railing and cannonball into the pool - he would have landed on me and the kids unless we jumped out of the way.

Mdr menu's please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No pics yet but I can tell you MDR lunch yesterday was fried chicken, meatloaf, burger, fish sandwich. Weird app - potato skin stuffed with crab salad that looked like dark tuna.

Service was AWFUL for lunch. We won't be doing a MDR lunch again. Over an hour for a simple burger and fries chicken. No drink refills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you happen to get a picture of the MDR embarkation lunch menus?

Do you know what time the ship pulled into Dockyard? Have a great cruise. I'll be going on her Friday

I didn't, sorry. It didn't open until a bit after we got onboard. We pulled in about 12:00, were all clear 12:45.

Sorry you had a bad cruise. We've had a pretty good experience this far. I haven't used the main pool but when in the area, the music is loud (as we expected) but the pool actually wasn't that crowded. I was surprised.

I bought a spa pass for the week and will never cruise without one again. It's like a mini-Haven. We are there multiple times a day to swim, hot tub or just relax. Have seen 10 people in there at most. Usually 2 or 3.

can you ask the hotel director Alain about the window situation in the deck 12 suites please? Have they been repaired? Especially the deluxe owners suites. They leaked terribly. Thanks for the offer.

Have been told "all issues have been resolved"

We have friends on board with you. A group of 30 or so, celebrating a couple of high school graduations. I hope they are behaving!!! Looks like all are having a wonderful time. Thanks for posting and enjoy your cruise!

We were on the same cruise as you and didn't find the pool "scene out of Caddy Shack or Animal House" at all. Just a bunch of people having a good time. It is a cruise ship pool, not a private backyard pool. There was definitely more younger people than in our previous cruises but we found them all to be well behaved.

We were on the same cruise as you and didn't find the pool "scene out of Caddy Shack or Animal House" at all. Just a bunch of people having a good time. It is a cruise ship pool, not a private backyard pool. There was definitely more younger people than in our previous cruises but we found them all to be well behaved.

Um' okay. I thought it was a little out of hand a few times. The mornings were usually calm but in the afternoon it got a little crazy. Were you lucky enough to see the fight in Bliss also? More drunk teens.

don't get me wrong, I like to drink and have fun too, but I believe they should rethink allowing 18 year olds to drink.

We watched the Dawn dock yesterday afternoon. The water looked a tad rough. How was your ride?

We noticed that the Anthem is in port with the Dawn now. The port must be so crowded. I hope that there are enough buses and ferries for all.

Water was a little rocky on the way down. We are in an aft room so we feel it more here. The Anthem is port but only in for today. The bus lines were long as was the ferry line to St. George's. We knew they'd be in port today so we planned a day in he dockyard. Went to the Bermuda National Museum. Very nice place. Good mix of walking and air-conditioned exhibits. I really enjoyed it. And, I got to see dolphins! That alone was worth the admission fee.

Hope you are having a great cruise. Thinking we would be sailing this week with you and a little sad.

What is the cost for the Spa pool? Is it adult only and is it covered?

I would love to hear about the changes to the ship after drydock. Also, who is your butler? Any changes to the AFT rooms?

Look forward to a review if you have the time. Pictures are always good.

Not sure what category of cabin you're in, but I have yet to see a cabin other than the penthouse, since the refurb. I understand they have all new carpet, furnishings, TV and such. Can you take a couple of pics? Unless our course the penthouse is yours this week.

35863b9c43ff04c0346de20386ab3bbb.jpg

Pic of the spa pool.

Thanks for the Spa picture, would love to see more :)

Although with just ladders to get in does not look like there will be a graceful way to get into the pool especially for us short 4'11 older girls :o

Thank you for the info and hope you continue to have a great time.

There were a few stories on recent reviews of non-working toilets in cabins and public areas. Any word of that being an issue still?

Again thanks!

Um' okay. I thought it was a little out of hand a few times. The mornings were usually calm but in the afternoon it got a little crazy. Were you lucky enough to see the fight in Bliss also? More drunk teens.

don't get me wrong, I like to drink and have fun too, but I believe they should rethink allowing 18 year olds to drink.

I did not witness the fight. And I agree with you about the drinking policy.