2016 Norwegian Epic / Freestyle Daily (Eastern)

DGP1111

Several people asked in advance that I save and post the new Norwegian Epic 'Freestyle Daily' pages from the first sailing out of Port Canaveral (Nov 12-19). This was an Eastern Caribbean sailing of 7 nights, so will only be of any assistance to those doing that itinerary.

Since this was the first sailing, I think there might be a few 'learning curves' taken to heart by the ship, so you might want to anticipate some adjustments.

Our cruise also went to Nassau instead of Great Stirrup Cay (compliments of Mother Nature/Matthew) . . . so your Day 7 will not be the same as those that will be posted here, but since they might still be similar, I'll include that as well.

My goal will be to get them all posted today, as well as some additional 'shtuff' that might be helpful in planning your week. Be patient, as I'm dealing with real life upon my return and not sitting at the PC a lot. Thanks! :)

** Note: A few of the landscape pages will be at an angle, as I did all scans in portrait mode.

Welcome%20Aboard%20A-XL.jpg

Welcome%20Aboard%20B-XL.jpg

Entertainment-X2.jpg

DAY 1 (Embarkation)

Day%201%20A-XL.jpg

Day%201%20B-XL.jpg

Day%201%20C-XL.jpg

Note: For our sailing there were additional Happenings that you might not get to experience:

9:00 - 2:30 . . . . Lesson in Patience/Cursing 101 . . . Terminal 1

12:00 - 3:00 . . . Lesson in Patience/Cursing 102 . . . Guest Services

Day%201%20D-XL.jpg

Day 3

Day%203%20A-X2.jpg

Day%203%20B-X2.jpg

Day%203%20C-X2.jpg

Hey, Don, why didn't you post the hours of operation page??

Ahh, very good question . . . I'm glad you asked. :)

All sea days had the same hours, and all port days had the same hours, so only posting each once.

And now, some extra 'shtuff' . . .

The internet manager onboard our sailing (Deiverson Ramos) was, in my opinion, Excellent. I observed him being SO patient with SO many passengers whenever I was near his desk.

I needed his assistance with a unique challenge using the NCL iConcierge app, and I tried everything I could think of to avoid looking like a tech doofus.

He was equally surprised at the problem. "Don, I've never seen that error message before, and I didn't think that was possible, but obviously it is."

Also . . . I found the internet speed to be quite good in comparison to other ships. I choose to do the unlimited plan each sailing, so I don't find myself staring at the screen, tapping my foot, and thinking "Hurry Up!"

I was able to get quite a bit accomplished without much lag time. A few areas of the ship are naturally quicker than others, but I found no location at all where I lost service.

Internet%20A-X2.jpg

This was a pretty cool multi-fold document available at the Internet desk. I'd never seen it before.

Internet%20B-X2.jpg

Internet%20C-X2.jpg

The 'Behind The Scenes' tour that is offered to Platinum passengers was offered [at least] twice during this sailing.

Sunday (first sea day) at 10:00

Monday (second sea day) at 10:00

Will and Holly were exceptional with their information and assistance at the CruiseNext desk throughout the cruise. They will be onboard until the first sailing in March 2017, so enjoy them while they are available.

BTS%20Tour-L.jpg

The Gold/Platinum Latitudes gathering was scheduled during a rather prime time for passenger dining (shock shock yet again) so I'm not able to advise how well it went.

I could see the queue above as I passed by the box office on my way to dinner.

The Captain must not have stayed too long, as he and two others arrived at the neighboring table in Le Bistro shortly after I was seated.

Latitudes%20A-L.jpg

Latitudes%20B-L.jpg

Still to come are some current bar menus for several of the locations (Bliss, Maltings, Shakers, & Atrium).

I tried several things for the very first time, and was served absolutely nothing that I'd not consider ordering again.

Some totally superb bartenders made a few suggestions of things 'off menu' as well. Everything I tried was excellent, or better :) , but a few I said a big NO to once they were described, for fear of barfing.

I hope any of this post is of assistance to future Epic peeps.

Do you happen to know how much Posh was? I don't see a price listed.

$59.00

And that was a 'story' all in itself. La la la la la la

Bartenders at Posh were fantastic every day, but the two main ones will be heading to vacation rather soon.

Thanks so much! I noticed they are selling thermal passes on board for $219!!! I pre purchased mine for $179. That's quite the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Feb 25 cruise they are $219. $199 online.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We too were on this sailing. I'd add patience and cursing 103 and maybe 104 in there too. :)

If you are planning on using the outdoor stuff like kids Aqua park, water slides, or rock climbing wall always have a back up. We tried all week but only found them open 5-10% of the time they said due to "weather" and "sea conditions". They also aren't open in port most days, where weather and rough seas wouldn't be an issue.

Was told different stories by everyone, but the gist was closed at sea due to hazards and closed in port due to lack of interest. Maybe if more people ask they will open it up more on future sailings since the entertainment staff sets the hours, or so I was told.

Posh was awesome though. Never crowded. Great staff.

Atrium/Bliss Bar Menu

Atrium%20Bar%20A-X2.jpg

Atrium%20Bar%20B-X2.jpg

Maltings Bar Menu

Maltings%20Bar-X2.jpg

Gateway & Eastern Legacy have a pre-made base, but topped w/ fresh ingredients.

Shakers Bar Menu

Shakers%20Bar-X2.jpg

Ice Bar Menu

20161118_100056-X2.jpg

Was surprised/pleased to see the original menu here, as Getaway had changed, and deleted Polaris.

Posh / Spice H2O Bar Menu

20161118_115024-X3.jpg