Total Wine On Line Purchases

RocketMan275

Will be driving to Tampa for a cruise in March. We'll be passing close to the new Total Wine store in Gainesville, FL. Very impressed with the prices and variety at Total Wine. Seriously considering pre-ordering for pick-up the day prior to our cruise. We're wanting to purchase about six very nice wines for our seven day cruise. Yes, I know there is a corkage fee.

Would appreciate comments from those who have pre-ordered from Total Wine or from those who have done walk-ins.

Recommendations for specific wines also appreciated. Price range $50 to $100 per bottle.

Probably having the following menus from the Pinnacle Grill:

Steaks for two

Lobster for two

Crab Legs for two

Pork Chops for two

Eggplant Parm wife and Lamb Chops myself

Steak again.

Edited by RocketMan275

If you are in a rush and/or know precisely what you want I would pre-order the wine. I have done this successfully several times. However, if you want to take your time and browse around they are impressive stores.

This is a very nice bottle of Cabernet that I recommend. Have the restaurant decant it for you.

http://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/darioush-cabernet-napa-signature/p/95876750?s=510&igrules=true

Keith

If you are in a rush and/or know precisely what you want I would pre-order the wine. I have done this successfully several times. However, if you want to take your time and browse around they are impressive stores.

This is a very nice bottle of Cabernet that I recommend. Have the restaurant decant it for you.

http://www.totalwine.com/wine/red-wine/cabernet-sauvignon/darioush-cabernet-napa-signature/p/95876750?s=510&igrules=true

Keith

Thanks for the recommendation.

We won't have the time to do any in-depth shopping so I was thinking about going on line two/three days prior and finalizing our order. We can look around a bit and then pick up the order. We will still have an hour or so till we spend the night.

I will check around local but I just don't think we'll have the selection to match Total Wine.

Thanks again.

Will be driving to Tampa for a cruise in March. We'll be passing close to the new Total Wine store in Gainesville, FL. Very impressed with the prices and variety at Total Wine. Seriously considering pre-ordering for pick-up the day prior to our cruise. We're wanting to purchase about six very nice wines for our seven day cruise. Yes, I know there is a corkage fee.

Would appreciate comments from those who have pre-ordered from Total Wine or from those who have done walk-ins. ...

We've pre-ordered from Total Wine in Seattle, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Melbourne (Viera) with excellent results. It saves a bunch of time. I will say that we've had better luck when we specify that we will accept vintage substitution, else they may not complete the order if the vintage you select runs out.

Edited by clarea

We've pre-ordered from Total Wine in Seattle, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Melbourne (Viera) with excellent results. It saves a bunch of time. I will say that we've had better luck when we specify that we will accept vintage substitution, else they may not complete the order if the vintage you select runs out.

Thanks Bob.

I suppose they adjust the price if they substitute vintages? Are there limitations on how much they can 'adjust'?

I guess this is like so many other things. Always a bit uncertain the first time.

Wife thinks it's a great idea so I'm sure we'll give it a try.

Thanks Bob.

I suppose they adjust the price if they substitute vintages? Are there limitations on how much they can 'adjust'?

I guess this is like so many other things. Always a bit uncertain the first time.

Wife thinks it's a great idea so I'm sure we'll give it a try.

I've had our prices adjusted downward, but don't know if they will adjust upward. I think that's worth a call to the local store you intend to use to confirm.

Probably having the following menus from the Pinnacle Grill:

Steaks for two

Splurge: 2012 Forman Cabernet-$95

A little less extravagant: 2013 Shafer "One Point Five" Cabernet-$85

A bit more reasonable: 2013 Melka "CJ" Cabernet-$75

Creeping into "downright reasonable": 2012 Ramey Cabernet-$60

Very reasonable: 2012 Frank Family Cabernet-$47

Lobster for two

Splurge: Either...2013 Patz & Hall "Hyde" or 2013 Ramey "Hyde" Chardonnay-both $60

A bit more reasonable: 2013 Paul Hobbs Russian River Chardonnay-$50

Creeping into "downright reasonable": 2012 Patz & Hall "Dutton Ranch" Chardonnay-$43

Very reasonable: 2012 Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay-$38

Crab Legs for two

Same as for lobster, although for a change of varietal, you could consider:

2013 Bevan Sauvignon Blanc "Kick Ranch"-$40

2013 Clos St. Michel Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc-$36

Pork Chops for two

Splurges, again, sticking with the "Hyde Vineyard" theme...

2013 Paul Hobbs "Hyde" Pinot Noir-$75

2014 Patz & Hall "Hyde" Pinot Noir-$68

2013 Martinelli "Bondi Ranch" Pinot Noir-$65

A bit more reasonable:

2013 Siduri "Keefer" Pinot Noir-$50 (don't be put off by the screw cap).

2010 Hartford Court "Lands Edge" Pinot Noir-$46

Eggplant Parm wife and Lamb Chops myself

The lamb is going to be a bit more versatile than the Eggplant Parm, so here I would suggest a 2012 Bruno Giacosa Barbera "Falletto"-$65 or 2007 Cortese Barbaresco Rabaja-$55 (especially the latter).

Steak again.

Back to the top and pick again.

These were all culled from what Total shows for their Gainsville shop.

And I also agree with the recommendation of the Darioush.

Edited by JimmyVWine

Back to the top and pick again.

These were all culled from what Total shows for their Gainsville shop.

And I also agree with the recommendation of the Darioush.

Why thank you so very much. I certainly didn't expect you would do all that work but it's so appreciated.

I think we'll go with two different chardonnay. Sauvignon Blanc upsets my stomach. It just doesn't agree with me. I can handle the Pinot Blanc but not the Sauvignon.

It's still about 90 days from sailing so I may get back with you if I encounter availability issues.

Thanks again.