Question about Rotterdam guarantee

Sticksnpucks

Hi folks- sailing the Rotterdam on 1/2, and took a guarantee Vista cabin category. This is my 34th cruise, and I've had a guarantee cabin quite a few times, all of which were assigned well before the cruise (between 20 to 35 days). We're now at 12 days and still no assignment. I know it's the holidays, but I'm surprised it's taking this long, and we've been booked since September. I've checked our luggage tags like everyone has suggested, and nothing there either. We haven't sailed on HAL in several years, so I was wondering if this is something new that assignments are made on port day. Thanks very much for all your help.

In my experience, GTY assignments 25-35 days out are usually suites...just my experience.

However, there are MANY MANY threads and comments here that standard GTY assignment is under 20 days, and can be as late as at the pier.

When you booked has no relation to when the GTY assignment is made.

Hi folks- sailing the Rotterdam on 1/2, and took a guarantee Vista cabin category. This is my 34th cruise, and I've had a guarantee cabin quite a few times, all of which were assigned well before the cruise (between 20 to 35 days). We're now at 12 days and still no assignment. I know it's the holidays, but I'm surprised it's taking this long, and we've been booked since September. I've checked our luggage tags like everyone has suggested, and nothing there either. We haven't sailed on HAL in several years, so I was wondering if this is something new that assignments are made on port day. Thanks very much for all your help.

From my HAL days... 2006-2012... the rule was always explained (and taught that we were to explain it) as: "the stateroom will be assigned 0-7 days prior to departure"

Thanks for explaining. HAL is more devious than I thought.

I once received my guarantee assignment only to have it changed a couple of days later because they needed to sell that stateroom (capacity for 3) to someone who booked last minute. A guarantee is just that and it can be changed or assigned anytime before you board.

I once received my guarantee assignment only to have it changed a couple of days later because they needed to sell that stateroom (capacity for 3) to someone who booked last minute. A guarantee is just that and it can be changed or assigned anytime before you board.

I agree, but I don't think that was what the post was aimed at. In about 40 GUARs we've been reassigned many times.

Chatted with HAL yesterday and was told to expect an assignment 7 days prior to sailing. Sailing on theRotterdam on Jan 13.