Live on Allure of the Seas - 4/30/17

Let's try this again! My last live review was kind of a disaster so I thought I would try again!!

We originally booked this cruise through Club Royale a few weeks ago to sail out on Oasis on 4/30. Last week, we found the Allure at a similar price and because we have sailed on Oasis 3 times in the last few years and found out through our roll call that there was going to be a big group on the Oasis sailing, we decided to call Club Royale to see how much it would cost to cancel Oasis and switch to Allure

They were so nice and let us change without a penalty. We even kept the same booking #. We booked an interior guarantee that was actually $10 less than our interior on the Oasis was supposed to be. They told us there would be no refund of the difference which of course we would not have expected.

We did not get our assignment until Friday morning 4/28. We got assigned a Central Park Balcony on deck 11. I'm excited to try Giovanni's for lunch and I am planning on giving the wine away to a fellow roll call member as we are on drink packages and do not drink red wine.

We got an email that there was a coast guard inspection and not to arrive until noon. We got to the port at around 11am because we had to Return our rental car at 10:30. We ended up boarding at approximately 11:30.

Speaking of rental cars, we often use Alamo when cruising out of Port Everglades. We have always dropped off/picked up at our car at FLL and taken a shuttle to the port. The shuttle is no longer available. Apparently they have opened a new location at the port. When we dropped off a car today and ended up having to take a cab to the port. It was an extra $20 expense we were not expecting. If you have rentals booked you may want to switch to the new location which does offer a shuttle. Our return reservation is from Alamo at the airport but they said we will be able to pick it up at the new location with no issue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

We had prebooked the Deluxe Packages with voom. When we checked in, our cards just said Coca Cola and we were not given internet codes. We stopped at an internet desk when we boarded and he looked us up on a computer and wrote our our codes for us. We stopped into Boleros to get drink stickers. The bartender checked the drink package manifest and our room # was not on there. I assume it is because of our late assignment. We ran into another couple at the pub that had the same issue.

While we were at Boleros I grabbed a pic of the menu as well as our first beverages

3f5c6ce3c800b7234d75708efa14ffda.jpgd95c051272dd819e2a67979eaa93cc7f.jpg3fad347d08ef2f6f2e859e20ed339247.jpg4b44fdd8eb3582a3ddf27c17361ebf1a.jpg

I am currently booked on the Allure in 2 weeks. I did purchase the deluxe drink package and I see it includes fountain soda. Can anyone confirm that they give a souvenir glass to use at the soda freestyle machines?

I am currently booked on the Allure in 2 weeks. I did purchase the deluxe drink package and I see it includes fountain soda. Can anyone confirm that they give a souvenir glass to use at the soda freestyle machines?

Yes they do. It will be in your stateroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muster drill time. Sat down in Champagne Bar to order a drink and discovered it is our muster station. Win-win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are always stuck in the MDR. I'd love to have your location.

Next up we hit Park Cafe for a quick Lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk063770a12b477b0d9e707a576e15c55d.jpg

was this champagne free with the drink package? I saw on the menus you posted that sparkling wine was $15, but the drink package only covers drinks up to $13. On previous cruises, the "glass of champagne" I would frequently order was covered.

The prosecco noted on your menu notes $15, the Champagne bar menu in September 2016 on Allure was well below $15 as I ordered it every evening. Not happy about the increase as I only drink prosecco or Pinot Grigio in the evenings.