Drink package pricing

c-leg5

i know all people in the cabin need to purchase the package but does everyone pay the same price if some have discounts due to loyalty status and some don’t?

If purchasing onboard can it all be charged to one sea pass, or does each individual sea pass get charged? Does everyone have to be present to purchase since everyone has to purchase?

i know all people in the cabin need to purchase the package but does everyone pay the same price if some have discounts due to loyalty status and some don’t?

If purchasing onboard can it all be charged to one sea pass, or does each individual sea pass get charged? Does everyone have to be present to purchase since everyone has to purchase?

Onboard, the drink packages get charged to each individual person's SeaPass card.

Not everyone pays the same price. Some people pre buy it on sale, some pays less due to their Crown and Anchor status. If you constantly check your cruise planner, you will find the price fluctuates. Buy it when you see a good price...Keep monitoring it and if you see it cheaper. Cancel the old one and repurchase at the lower rate. The key is you must check the price in your cruise planner at least weekly.

You can purchase anything you want on your sea pass....You could buy my package if you wanted to. But if you have a group of people wanting the package it...They all should purchase it themselves.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

So everyone in the cabin has to be present at the same time before anyone can purchase?

No. The packages can be bought online via the cruise planner. The cost can be split among multiple credit cards. The way the online system is now, the drink packages have to be bought by all the adults in the room at the same time. The system allows multiple credit cards for payment, but everyone has to be paid for in one transaction. You can do a mock purchase online to see what I mean.

Onboard, as someone mentioned above, not everyone has to be present at the same time. That said, unless you're diamond (or D+? I'm not sure when the discount kicks in), you're better buying ahead of time as Royal frequently has the package on sale ahead of the cruise. It's also easy to cancel and rebook if the package price drops.

Thanks to all for your answers. I am well aware of the online line system and monitoring for price drops.

I am more interested on the procedure onboard, since I have never bought a package, and am probably unlikely to do so, but I wanted to understand:

if there are three people in a cabin - Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Platinum does the system pick up the different rates? Also, if the Platinum member purchased the package alone are the other two people charged on their sea passes automatically, without authorization, at the Platinum rate? Hence the question as to whether everyone had to be present to purchase. Conversely, could the Pinnacle member, in theory purchase three packages with their discount on their sea pass?

Thanks to all for your answers. I am well aware of the online line system and monitoring for price drops.

I am more interested on the procedure onboard, since I have never bought a package, and am probably unlikely to do so, but I wanted to understand:

if there are three people in a cabin - Pinnacle, Diamond Plus and Platinum does the system pick up the different rates? Also, if the Platinum member purchased the package alone are the other two people charged on their sea passes automatically, without authorization, at the Platinum rate? Hence the question as to whether everyone had to be present to purchase. Conversely, could the Pinnacle member, in theory purchase three packages with their discount on their sea pass?

The onboard billing system picks up the C&A level based discounts automatically, which are only for Diamond and above. Can't answer the other question about all being present.