Going from one Princess ship to another on the same day?

canadarocks

Do the disembarking Walk Off so you are in control of getting off the ship when you want and you will have all of your luggage with you. If the Crown is at a pier too far to walk with all of your luggage, just take a quick taxi to the Crown and start the embarking process when you can. I don’t believe there is anything to expedite. You will get off Caribbean in the morning and probably don’t sail on the Crown until around 4pm. I think it sounds exciting to get off one ship and go get on another one. ENJOY!!!!!

We're considering a cruise on the Crown Princess that sails the same day we disembark from the Caribbean Princess. Does Princess expedite this process in any way?
We always use walk off program on all ships with all companies. You can be off the ship as soon as process of disembarkation started. But in this case I would not rush, as embarkation doesn't start as early.

We did Celebrity/Princess combo in Fort Lauderdale, and it was easy. The only change for us was to switch parking garages

I'm understanding from hearing from others who have done the same thing, is that pretty much you have finished one cruise and are starting a new one. They have no obligation to "help" you get to the other ship. As others have said use a taxi. Princess does not offer a shuttle for passengers to take from one ship to another. As for disembarking early, why? You have to wait until 11 ish to be able to board your new ship anyway, so why don't you just sit and relax and watch everyone disembark, then make your way off.

There is no need to get off early. In fact, unless you have a reason to leave the port area, there is no reason at all to do this. If you disembark late (like 10:00), you can go directly to the second ship, where boarding should begin shortly. Have a leisurely breakfast and choose a late disembarkation time.

As far as I know, Princess has no mechanism to expedite your move from one ship to another. There would be very few people doing this, and the ships are not necessarily at terminals near each other. You'll probably need some form of transportation; a taxi would be easiest.

I'm understanding from hearing from others who have done the same thing, is that pretty much you have finished one cruise and are starting a new one. They have no obligation to "help" you get to the other ship. As others have said use a taxi. Princess does not offer a shuttle for passengers to take from one ship to another. As for disembarking early, why? You have to wait until 11 ish to be able to board your new ship anyway, so why don't you just sit and relax and watch everyone disembark, then make your way off.

We have done this a few times and in our experience we have moved from one ship to he other with no problem.

We spoke to the Captains Circle rep on the first ship and were told they would try to help us out by sending us to the other ship by bus.

They used the bus that was taking other passengers to the airport and just dropped us at the pier for the second ship on the way out of the port. This happened at least twice and was seamless.

A friendly request made early on in the first cruise ,with a smile might help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done this a few times and in our experience we have moved from one ship to he other with no problem.

We spoke to the Captains Circle rep on the first ship and were told they would try to help us out by sending us to the other ship by bus.

They used the bus that was taking other passengers to the airport and just dropped us at the pier for the second ship on the way out of the port. This happened at least twice and was seamless.

Hey, it never hurts to ask.....

Here's what we do... Pack your bags the last night of the first cruise and go to bed as usual. Set your alarm for 5am, take your bags up to the top deck. when passing near the ship for the second cruise toss the bags onto the deck. Try to aim away from the pools.:D

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. We'll give it a try as well. :)

Here's what we do... Pack your bags the last night of the first cruise and go to bed as usual. Set your alarm for 5am, take your bags up to the top deck. when passing near the ship for the second cruise toss the bags onto the deck. Try to aim away from the pools.:D

LOL.... that would be something to see! :)

We had this case last Dec going from the Crown to the Pacific. We talked to the front desk and they told us the 2 ships would be docked at adjoining terminals so we not get any help. They gave us the last colour tag for disembarking. Once off the ship we got a porter to take our luggage to the drop off point for the other ship. If my wife was not in a wheelchair we could have done it all ourselves.

A few years ago we had a similar situation but the 2 ships were about as far as possible apart in Ft Lauderdale. In that case we had gone to the front desk and they arranged for a special luggage tag category "transfer to xxx ship". That colour tag was one of the last called. We were given a free bus transfer to the next ship. Once outside the terminal we told one of the Princess reps that we were looking for the bus to transfer us - she radioed someone and then directed us to where the bus was waiting.

The front desk will be able to tell you which dock the other ship will be at. This is to be done through the front desk and not the loyalty rep.

Doing it the way we did means you will have some wait before getting on the second ship just like any other early arriving passenger. If you want to go to town you can get to the other ship earlier and drop off your luggage to the porters and then head out. I'm not sure what the earliest time is for luggage do off is.

I love it. I can’t think of why this wouldn’t work. Great idea!! :D:D

Tony

We've done this sailing on separate lines other than Princess. As already suggested, (depending on the port) one may want to stay on the ship as long as allowed (usually around 10:30a is typically the final call for disembarking passengers to do so). No(to minimal) lines to collect luggage and clear customs(if necessary). Then walk to the next terminal, drop your luggage with the porters, and go site-see for the rest of the morning. Who in their right mind (and in the middle of their vacation) wants to wait in a crowded terminal until boarding begins? For a complimentary lunch?

(For example)We did this in New Orleans and found the opportunity to grab a Mufalleta @ Central Grocery and take a little stroll through the St. Louis cemetary #1, before heading back on the streetcar to the ship later in the afternoon -- after all of the lines of embarking passengers had thinned.

In Feb. of this year we went from the Crown to the Royal on the same day. Several days before disembarkation we inquired at passenger service desk and were informed that a shuttle would be available outside free of charge. On that morning two other couples were also going to board the Royal. Outside the terminal the first Princess Rep did not know where the shuttle would be located. Another Princess Rep did and directed us correctly to the shuttle pickup area. The shuttle was free of charge. When waiting for our color to be called the hostess told us to wait to be the last to disembark the ship for the Royal.

We just did this in March - going from the Crown to the Regal. We were lucky as the Crown had departed from Terminal 2 and that's where the Regal was sitting when we got back. Princess had a shuttle going to Terminal 2 because of people parking there from the Crown. We took the last boarding group and then did the shuttle. When we got to the Regal, they were already stating the boarding process, so it was pretty much a walk-on. I really liked doing a 2-ship B2B - only had to get to Fort Lauderdale once!!