Does the 'Quest' game need a change?

graf103

We have now taken three cruises and I think the Quest game is great fun, however it seems that experienced RC cruisers really know what to expect and it seems that it kinda takes the fun out of it. I would like to see RC change up the Quest to liven up the spontanaity (I know that's now spelled right...but you get the picture). Opinions?? let's hear it!

What is the quest game? Never been on an RCI cruise.

Those of us who have attended have been sworn to secrecy...but I believe I can reveal that it is an adult scavenger hunt. Beyond that, you will have to sail RC and find out in person I guess.

We've attended, had loads of fun -- but be aware that this is not a "G" rated activity that kids should go to.

SMN

On Liberty this past October Quest was the normal but had a few twist. First of all the CD would not allow anyone to have a prepared bag of tricks. He asked for alot of the same stuff we all expect but he did ask for new things as well. Some of the items that you would expect he changed to a more spacific item. The other thing that was different was on the lagrer ship it was in Studio B and they divided the bleachers into sections. The different sections represented the different teams. So I agree to a point, but RCCL is trying to keep Quest fresh. Lets just hope that QUest doesn't go the way of the Horse Races.

We've been playing Quest for about 22 years now! :eek: There are still some questions being asked today that were asked in 1985. But there have been a lot of changes, too, over the years. There's always something different. We do not go "prepared", but might be a little quicker to realize some things such as the hole in a certain item of clothing. Some people are just a little slow to catch on! We still enjoy it every time, mainly because we are always playing with a different group of people. Should be playing again in another week or so. Playing on the smaller ships is way more fun.

I can't believe I have never been to Quest before. For as many times as we have sailed RCCL, we have yet to go watch (or participate for that matter).

So for a novice like me, I guess the experience would be fresh and new to me, but for the "regulars" sounds like it needs to be changed up a bit:)

I think the Quest game needs some new "quests"!!

After all of this time, regular cruisers can anticipate the questions and therefore be prepared with whatever is needed to complete the quest.

Love the idea and the format - I think all it needs is some new and exciting questions!! :p

I've only seen it once and was kind of disappointed. You could tell that there were LOTS of prior questers there who came prepared. They snagged all the front row seats way way early and had all sorts of stuff tucked in their bags. The things that were the most fun, and most amusing, is when people had to do stuff, rather than just bring something up. That is the stuff you really can't get prepared for. Only then was it fun to watch!

Granted, Quest is not as funny when people come prepared, but there are always other people participating who have no idea what's coming. They are hysterical to watch. Without giving out too much information, after many cruises, we still like to watch. I've never walked out without my sides hurting from laughing so much.

Having said all that, I agree that there should be changes so that the "preparers" also have to stay on the ball.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the Quest game on my Vision cruise. One team was made up mainly of a family with several young daughters. Having the kids actively participating just didn't seem right to me.

I just hope they didn't get too good of an eyeful when one of my team members had a wardrobe malfunction!! :eek:

Yes, the Quest needs to be updated! Anyone that's been on a RCI cruise knows what to expect, it's almost like cheating.

The Love/Marriage game was exactly the same as it was on our cruise 5 years ago!!! Another game that anyone who's sailed before knows the "answers" to.

RCI needs to mix it up a bit. They did the same "Village People" dance as 5 years ago too (although, I love it every time!).

kinda sad...People cheating at Quest...lol

And that is really the problem - guests who are more interested in "winning" the game with its minimal prizes than just participating in and enjoying the game. I congratulate the CDs who disqualify those who come "prepared" or who won't allow them to make use of their treasure trove of goodies" and wish more of them would do so. When it is played fairly it can be a lot of fun, although I don't find the skating rink venue to be as enjoyable as those held in one of the lounges. :)

I've only seen it once and was kind of disappointed. You could tell that there were LOTS of prior questers there who came prepared. They snagged all the front row seats way way early and had all sorts of stuff tucked in their bags. The things that were the most fun, and most amusing, is when people had to do stuff, rather than just bring something up. That is the stuff you really can't get prepared for. Only then was it fun to watch!

I agree! It was not fun playin with people that already had everything ready. Even with the new stuff added they could still rack up enough points to win! I think they need to disqualify anyone that does that! Time to revamp the Quest!

We enjoy the quest...but our "team leaders" brought everything with them. Then...they knew not to put away certain items so they were ready for the next challenge. They really fought their way to the front row so they could make themselves the leader! Now...keep in mind, we did NOT want to be the leaders, but other people sitting by us did.

I'm not sure how they could change it, but when they called out the items needed and noonein our section needed to participate, it wasn't as fun.

It didn't look like any team won a prize. It was just all in fun. Except for one person really getting rude, I didn't even think it would have been inappropriate for our kids.

Different items would help, but we will still attend. Like others have said, it is always fun to watch!

We have only attended Quest once. I was so disappointed to see the cheaters that had everything and just ran up with the items. I feel they should have been disqualified. No other teams had a chance. Not fair.

Also, parents had kids with them. They were told repeatedly that the game was not for kids, but the parents were at the bar drinking and the young kids were with them, and for sure the parents weren't leaving the bar to do something with their kids. How sad!!!

We missedd Quest on one of our sails but made up for it on the next. Yes, it is still alot of fun even knowing the outcome (was going to post a quest-pic here,l,ol) Anyway, I 'admit' we are preplanning with ONE item...I couldnt resist to pick up some fake teeth at the Halloween shop! (dentures is what they ask for!)

event.png

Archived