I apologize for not posting LIVE from the Jewel this cruise

Sorry, guys. The new rates are ATROCIOUS.

Fifty five cents a minute. 59 minutes for $28 - that's what I bought, and with the crappy speed, all I could do was check my email twice, and post this little bit.

I'll be home tomorrow, and will answer all questions.

I LOVE THE JEWEL. I can't believe that I missed out on her three years ago!

PWD.

Love my aft corner cabin.

Love Captain Thore.

NICE set up with Concierge Service in the Hollywood Odyssey every evening from 5 to 8:30; dedicated bartender, Veronica, plus Concierge Andrea. Great booze, great company.

We had a fabulous Roll Call, and we love everyone and see them everywhere.

Have effectively addicted my roommate, a newbie. She has already enrolled in C & A and has booked another cruise already!!!!!

Assistant CD has been hitting on my roomie, and threw Bingo Dog straight at her at first night's show.

Important announcement:

ANYONE GOING TO COZUMEL:

You must must must must do Mexican Culinary excursion.

OMG!!!!!!

More tomorrow when I get home.

Come back here Saturday around 6, after I get a load in the washing machine.

Flying AirTran, direct, wish me luck!

Hasta la vista, mis amigos!!!!!

Carol

Were you checking email via a program like outlook on your own computer or by going to a website and accessing your email?

DW must be able to access email on the 3 business days of our upcoming cruise so hopefully going to a hotspot (or cybercabin if it is still available on Navigator) to dowload the email will not be too tough. At least it gets charged to her corporate card.

Hope you had a great time and a safe trip home.

Carol.......glad that you love the Jewel as much as we do. Captain Thore is the best.

Our next cruise on the Jewel this summer was at the captains suggestion. He said that if we ever have the chance to do the Norwegian Fjords, do it. So we are with him for a very special trip for us.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip........and of course, and more importantly, getting together with you in April!!

Rick

Dave,

The internet is very spotty on that ship. I used both my laptop and the computers on deck 7. My laptop at port at Belize was horrible the first 10 minutes (pages timing out and others very slow to load) then it improved after that and wasn't bad. At Playa Del Carmen it was fine, I was only online for about 15 minutes. We used our coupon the last day to print boarding passes on the RCCL computers. (I can't print them from my laptop.) The first boarding pass printed in less than 2 minutes. When it was time to print the second boarding pass, it took 7 minutes to get the website to load. I barely made it under 9 minutes for my free coupon.

Carol.......glad that you love the Jewel as much as we do. Captain Thore is the best.

Our next cruise on the Jewel this summer was at the captains suggestion. He said that if we ever have the chance to do the Norwegian Fjords, do it. So we are with him for a very special trip for us.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip........and of course, and more importantly, getting together with you in April!!

Rick

You will absolutely love the Norwegian Fiords. We did it 3 years ago and it was by far the best cruise out of our 35+ cruises. So much to see. We did a few private tours and they were great. Southern England coast was truly a beautiful area. Too much too tell so just go the the boards and check out the itinerary. Unfortunately they only do this cruise 2x a year. Enjoy

Important announcement:

ANYONE GOING TO COZUMEL:

You must must must must do Mexican Culinary excursion.

OMG!!!!!!

Carol

Carol cooks with Luis... yes, OMG!!!! On my "girls" cruise last year we experienced this excursion... Yummo!

Carol,

We are on the Jewel in 3 weeks - same itinerary. We've also signed up for the Culinary excursion in Cozumel - can't wait to hear more about it!!

Luis is a 24 year old Mexican chef.

2645792780077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

2729823850077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

2401712000077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

Luis and Barbara and Barbara's.............."tortillas" :eek:

2681006640077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

Luis and his assistant, Moises

2259432010077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

You will absolutely love the Norwegian Fiords. We did it 3 years ago and it was by far the best cruise out of our 35+ cruises. So much to see. We did a few private tours and they were great. Southern England coast was truly a beautiful area. Too much too tell so just go the the boards and check out the itinerary. Unfortunately they only do this cruise 2x a year. Enjoy

Love to hear more about your Ireland and Norwegian ports. We have done most of England, and will be doing 5 days in Scotland before this next cruise.

We are off early tomorrow for the Mexican Riviera on the Vision of the Seas. Please feel free to email me more details at rby1@earthlink.net.

This thread is dedicated to Carol..........who.....to date....has done a better job of giving us all of the good details of her cruise....than probably anyone else on CC.

She is the next Rick Steves.........and the next books that we will all buy from the teacher in her......I just hope that she will do what she does best........and get paid for it!!

Rick

Archived