Open Dining on Freedom

Just booked cruise on freedom in july on the phone with royal caribbean and they said theres no early or late seating and that Freedom is trying open dining for the year. So i guess royal caribbean might add anytime dining to their whole fleet soon mabye?

Just booked cruise on freedom in july on the phone with royal caribbean and they said theres no early or late seating and that Freedom is trying open dining for the year. So i guess royal caribbean might add anytime dining to their whole fleet soon mabye?

I suggest that you call RCI back and check on that information. It is completely contrary to RCI's official policy which is that even though they expect to extend "MY Time Dining" to all ships in the fleet by the end of the year, they do not intend to cease offering traditional dining. They intend to offer their guests BOTH options. It won't be the first time that an RCI CSR provided incorrect information, but when it gets repeated on these boards, it can cause unnecessary consternation.:rolleyes:

To clarify, the person from RCCL told me that for Freedom of the seas for 2008 they are just having open dining and not, traditional and anytime, JUST open (anytime.) Hope this clarified! :)

I understood what you were told, but I still hold that it is completely contrary to RCI's stated policy that they will always offer traditional dining even on ships that offer "My Time Dining". I believe that the person who told you differently was wrong, or did not express himself or herself clearly. Until I see something official from RCI about this supposed change in their dining policy, I will continue to believe that what you were told is just not accurate.:rolleyes:

I know its not for the whole year as i leave on the ship in a month and while it was offered we are still schedualed for traditional early seating and it shows exactly that online on the reservation.

Hi all

I booked the Freedom of the Seas about a month ago to cruise 08/03/2008 and I was asked if I wanted early or late dining. I was not offered open dining. My confirmation states late dining.

Julie

We were on the 3/9 sailing... had second seating... so can not be true for "all" of 2008.

There was a sign in one of the dining room entrances stating if anyone was interested in "anytime" dining who to contact.....

If they go to only open dining fleetwide, they will not see me on their ships. Which would be a shame, because I've really enjoyed cruising with them.

Which is why Royal Caribbean has repeatedly and quite emphatically stated that even if they expand their dining options to include "My Time Dining" on all of their ships they will always offer "Traditional Dining" as well. Once again, someone has reported something based on incorrect or incomplete information, and the reaction has been predictable. :rolleyes:

To clarify, the person from RCCL told me that for Freedom of the seas for 2008 they are just having open dining and not, traditional and anytime, JUST open (anytime.) Hope this clarified! :)

This is not correct. I'm booked on Freedom for the June 15, 2008 cruise and I had to pick a dinner time. We're at the early seating.

:) Just got off the phone with the dept that is providing info on the "My Time Dining". They are still offering main (6:30) or late (8:30) dining as well as "My Time Dining" (MTD). The MTD works either through a reservation that morning or you can just show up. The MTD times are any time between 6-9:30 pm in the main dining room and to partake in this you must pay the $68+ per person gratuities on your SeaPass card. I asked how they were going to work this out with the main/late diners and they said that there will be a specific section for MTD within the dining room. I hope this clears up any questions. If you need further info call 800-327-6700 and ask to be transferred to the MTD dept.:)

Hi all

I booked the Freedom of the Seas about a month ago to cruise 08/03/2008 and I was asked if I wanted early or late dining. I was not offered open dining. My confirmation states late dining.

Julie

Same. We're on the 8/31/08 sailing, and we were asked if we preferred early or late. Our confirmations also state our preference (late) as well.

Here is a copy of an e-mail I received from RCI on March 19, go to the link to see what ships and dates My Time Dining is offered:

We've got great news about your cruise onboard Freedom of the Seas!

Your sailing is one of the select few to feature a limited-time

offer – a new My Time DiningSM* option for dinner.

With My Time Dining, you can choose to dine between 6:00 p.m. and

9:30 p.m. each evening with the party of your choice.** For your

convenience, we will accept reservations once onboard, you can decide

on a daily basis what dining time works for you! This allows you more

flexibility to plan around your daily activities – from sunbathing on

a deck chair to scaling the rock-climbing wall to our extensive list

of shore excursions!

Signing up is easy! Get all the details on My Time Dining.

Link = http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseat2&requestor=arn

Ready to reserve? Simply call 1-800-590-6218 or email

openseating@rccl.com to sign up now. Please note that emails

will be responded to within 48 hours, Monday-Friday.

All the best,

Your Friends at Royal Caribbean

* Based on availability / must pay prepaid gratuities to participate

** All parties must be signed up for My Time Dining.

Which is why Royal Caribbean has repeatedly and quite emphatically stated that even if they expand their dining options to include "My Time Dining" on all of their ships they will always offer "Traditional Dining" as well. Once again, someone has reported something based on incorrect or incomplete information, and the reaction has been predictable. :rolleyes:
Sounds very inaccurate to me especially as some sailing on Freedom are only using 1/2 of deck 5 for MyTime.

Hi all

Julie

Same here. We're booked the week of May 25, and we had to choose a seating time also, no "open dining" offered.

What gives? :confused:

:) Just got off the phone with the dept that is providing info on the "My Time Dining". They are still offering main (6:30) or late (8:30) dining as well as "My Time Dining" (MTD). The MTD works either through a reservation that morning or you can just show up. The MTD times are any time between 6-9:30 pm in the main dining room and to partake in this you must pay the $68+ per person gratuities on your SeaPass card. I asked how they were going to work this out with the main/late diners and they said that there will be a specific section for MTD within the dining room. I hope this clears up any questions. If you need further info call 800-327-6700 and ask to be transferred to the MTD dept.:)

Like I said;)

Sounds very inaccurate to me especially as some sailing on Freedom are only using 1/2 of deck 5 for MyTime.

According to this they are using the main dining room which is very large so it must be gaining in popularity

Now that you've reserved your cruise, how about enjoying some freedom of choice in your dinner options. On select ships and sailings+, we're featuring My Time DiningSM** in our Main Dining Room.

Hi all

Julie

Hi all,

since posting this I have recieved an email asking me if I wanted to change to mytime dining!

Julie

Archived