Fuel Rebate

dave&dee

Just received e-mail from Holland America that we will receive onboard credit for fuel charge for our 4/22/08 cruise.

We're on the same cruise as you. Our TA just confirmed the OBC.

A group of CC'er's are going to meet in the Crow's Nest at 3 PM on the 22nd; perhaps we'll see you there?

We booked April, 2007 and are sailing on April 12, 2008. I have not heard from anyone, in terms of credit back.

We'll see!

Roz, come join our roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=625553&page=17

I'd love to see you, Morey, and Brenda again! But of course we'll see you onboard. You can't miss the sweet face of Brenda, the Wonder Dog!

Marcia (from the Golden Princess last November)

This is the official word:

For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

Did you ever find out what those mystery credits were for on your final statement?

No I never did but I guess I should question it no longer. I assumed it was the fuel surcharge. Oh well a mystery. Someone said maybe it was someone elses. Thanks again for your response. Momee

For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise.

Did you ever find out what those mystery credits were for on your final statement?

I don't believe that's totally correct. Isn't it "IF" you had booked prior to November 7th?

Our "mystery credit" was due to excessive port charges/taxes paid. There was an envelope stating this in our stateroom upon embarkation.

to rzdj96:

I received nothing in my stateroom, the 120.00 credit was on my bill no explanation. I did book prior to November for the the 3/19/08 Noordam. I booked over a year before the cruise and paid it 5 months later in full. So if the mystery credit is not for fuel it certainly is a mystery. It would of probably been the same as yours. How much credit did you receive per the guests traveling. Thanks for the response

Thanks for the info. Just returned from Zuiderdam transatlantic (March 15-April 2). Front office denied all knowledge of refunds or on-board credits and told me to check with my TA. Your info about cruises departing prior to April 4 explains why.

Now wouldn't it be nice if HAL made this type of information available to the ships so they could answer passengers' questions? Suppose that's too much to hope for, given the ongoing state of communications (or lack thereof) between Seattle and ships!

Has anybody actually received a refund to date?

Bob

Just returned Saturday from the Oosterdam and I definitely didn't receive a credit on my final bill. And I haven't heard from my TA either. And I booked the sailing a year in advance (on board last year during the same week). Just checked the online credit card statement too and while my onboard charges are on there, there's no credit for the fuel charge. The amount matched my final bill exactly.

Note to HAL Seattle, because I know you read this board.

I hope the refunds are based on deposit dates and not booking numbers. I booked last summer, paid a deposit and for your insurance. When I transfered to my TA the booking number was changed. I did keep my HAL insurance, onboard credits and same stateroom. My deposit stayed with HAL. Because of the transfer with the new booking number, my TA is being told that I can not get the fuel surcharge refunded. All these changes were done without my knowledge and I only found out when my excursions got canceled and I needed to rebook them.

Sorry, but this is not fair. I am sure I am not the only one but if this is not taken care of, it will look like the booking number was changed on purpose (in the last month) so that HAL does not have to make the refund.

I hope Seattle reads this, looks into it, and saves me the trouble of having to write a letter...

This situation is different than for someone who canceled with one TA (received a refund) and booked a cruise with another.

Jade13

We are in a very similar situation and I am still waiting to hear from our TA. She was told by HAL that they would get to our's in about a month.

We booked in August 07 for an October 08 cruise. Last month, there was an OBC special that gave us $200 OBC so we were given a new booking number (we did not ask for that) but our deposit was used from August 07 so I have directed our TA to tell HAL that we should be due a refund.

I will keep you posted.

Jade13

We are in a very similar situation and I am still waiting to hear from our TA. She was told by HAL that they would get to our's in about a month.

We booked in August 07 for an October 08 cruise. Last month, there was an OBC special that gave us $200 OBC so we were given a new booking number (we did not ask for that) but our deposit was used from August 07 so I have directed our TA to tell HAL that we should be due a refund.

I will keep you posted.

Same cruise, correct?

I initially had a suspician that the change in booking number was to cut HAL's PCC out of their (small) commission because I found out if the number is the same they still get it, but if it changes they do not, so I felt bad about that.

I think this will get straightened because it is the right thing to do. That fuel surcharge is not going to the TA etc.

Jade13

I will keep you posted.

My gut tells me that when you took advantge of the $200 OBC special available to new bookings, it probably made you ineligible for a surcharge rebate/refund. If ths is correct, you are still $60 ahead of where you started.

Same cruise, correct?

Yes - same cruise, same suite, same date, everything.

My gut tells me that when you took advantge of the $200 OBC special available to new bookings, it probably made you ineligible for a surcharge rebate/refund. If ths is correct, you are still $60 ahead of where you started.

You are probably right - and, I am going to Hawaii so how great is that!! :D

Jade: We have the same circumstances.....we booked last year, onboard the Oosterdam and then had the booking moved to my TA. We leave this Saturday....I haven't heard a work about credit.....

I'll let you know what transpires on my final bill and/or from my TA.

Jade: We have the same circumstances.....we booked last year, onboard the Oosterdam and then had the booking moved to my TA. We leave this Saturday....I haven't heard a work about credit.....

I'll let you know what transpires on my final bill and/or from my TA.

Roz, was your booking number changed during the transfer?

Archived