Phone Numbers you should keep on your Cell Phone

Wennfred

Last night I was working with this guy and he was calling a few airlines to get a quote for his vacation trip in Sept. I asked him if he had some type of phone book in that Cell, he said no that he thought it would be a good idea to just plug in all of the airline phone numbers just incase.

That seem to be like a great idea. I remember when AA lost my luggage I had to find AA number in the Hotel Phone book.

So check out the link below, it has most of all of the Airline Phone numbers. Find the ones you would use and plug them into your Cell Phone.

Also, you might want to plug in the major Car Rentals and Hotels too just to have easy access. Most Cell phones hold over 250 phone numbers.

Link to Airline Phone numbers: http://www.flights.com/airlinenumbers.html

If you work nights like me this could be something fun to do. :D

Fred

I keep several airlines, hotel chains, and cruise lines programmed into my cell phone. I don't know if Carnival has a day of travel number (I know RCCL does), but you should make sure that is in your cell phone as well. I learned that years ago due to delayed flights, cancelled flights, etc. It came in real handy last time I got stuck at DFW due to thunderstorms. While everyone else was worried and scrambling, we had guaranteed seats on a flight the next morning and a nice hotel. Everyone else was stuck trying for standby seats, then ended up at a no-name hotel that they had to pay for themselves.

For Military Discount rate:

Carnival requires the DD214 with 48hrs of booking.

Please fax DD214, Attn: Interline Dept., fax # 305-406-6661

Please reference your name/ship/sailing date/booking number.

I have one in my phone listed as "In case of emergency" that I change depending on who I am traveling with. For everyday I list my husband but for our (DH, DD, DS and I) upcoming cruise I will change it to my mothers name and number.

ICE = In Case of Emergency

I understand this program was developed by paramedics after the terrorist bombings in the London Underground a few summers ago.

This is how it works. Emergency room personnel & paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity, next of kin, etc. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly.

Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. I have added ICE spouse, ICE son, ICE sister and even ICE neighbor...Only takes a few minutes.

Last night I was working with this guy and he was calling a few airlines to get a quote for his vacation trip in Sept. I asked him if he had some type of phone book in that Cell, he said no that he thought it would be a good idea to just plug in all of the airline phone numbers just incase.

That seem to be like a great idea. I remember when AA lost my luggage I had to find AA number in the Hotel Phone book.

So check out the link below, it has most of all of the Airline Phone numbers. Find the ones you would use and plug them into your Cell Phone.

Also, you might want to plug in the major Car Rentals and Hotels too just to have easy access. Most Cell phones hold over 250 phone numbers.

Great idea I've just added the airline, the hotel, the MasterCard hotline,the foreign affairs number and international help numbers..good to go thanks

Fred

Thanks great idea, I have just entered the airlines, the hotel, the MasterCard hot line number, foreign affairs, international help line for US and Canadian citizens, my bank, etc..super idea..

Fred

Fred check this one out that someone sent me today

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone.

This is an awesome service from Google and its free...great when you

are on the road. Just click on the link provided.

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Very Cool and also works on the home phone

• 2 weeks later...
Fred check this one out that someone sent me today

Here's a number worth putting in your cell phone.

This is an awesome service from Google and its free...great when you

are on the road. Just click on the link provided.

http://www.google.com/goog411/

Very Cool and also works on the home phone

Thats a good one, thanks !

Fred

If your cell phone is international (or maybe not)

Foreign access codes to call back to the US.

The numbers for the local Carnival port agents - in case you miss or are about to miss the boat.

If having a bad day - Dial a Prayer.

Next_Of_Kin if having a really bad day.

Thanks Fred - great idea. I started doing this when I started my last job and was travelling 3-4 days a week. I specifically recall one time it came in very handy - my flight got diverted to a tiny airport due to weather, and everyone was scrambling to get in line and re-book flights. I strolled over to the line as I dialed AA on my cell. Figured whichever got me done first...Needless to say, the customer service deck hadn't even gotten around to re-booking one person out of a hundred or so by the time I got done re-booking on the phone. I got on the next available flight that way - can't even imagine what some of the other folks got. Of course I was quickly swarmed with fellow passengers begging for the number...:D

• 7 months later...

Also add your Credit Card Phone numbers into your Cell because you never know when you need to call them to shut the cards down incase they are lost in Mexico etc.

Those Customer numbers are listed on the back of each credit card.

Fred

If you plan to phone home from Mexico or another foreign port, you may want to preprogram your phone with the extra #s you have to dial before your own number. This should save you having to carry around another piece of paper with instructions -- that you know will get wet and nasty before you have a chance to use!

• 3 months later...
When we travel, land or cruise , I always plug in any #'s that we might need, hotel, airlines, etc. Then when we are back, I just delete them.

Me, too. I also have these numbers on paper, just in case I lose my cell phone (along with the number for my cell phone carrier).

Archived