Radiance South America 2009-2010 Season cancelled

jeroen_471

I was informed by my travelagent yesterday afternoon that the whole 2009-2010 season of South America cruises onboard Radiance of the Seas is cancelled.

People who are booked get a refund of all charges that they have already paid, and if you wish to book one of the 2008-2009 SA sailings onboard Radiance you will get a 200$ onboard credit/stateoom.

Just like they pulled back the Celebrity Millenium back from the Australia /New Zealand cruises because of weak booking performance they are going to deploy the Radiance in a region where they can get more profitability because if you look at this years prices they are really low priced.

NOPE!...I just found out today they're pulling those sailings,too!....I had a B2b booked for 4-2010. Glad I hadn't purchased air tix yet....!

With all the new, larger ships coming out at a time when many are watching their nickles and dimes...things might get tough for the cruise biz......

A friend of mine is a TA and is getting cancellations every day and not just for cruises.

Seems people have been overextending themselves(ya think?) and booking trips they can't afford and putting the downpayments on charge cards. In light of recent events they are cancelling those trips and trying to get deposits back.

NOPE!...I just found out today they're pulling those sailings,too!....I had a B2b booked for 4-2010. Glad I hadn't purchased air tix yet....!

With all the new, larger ships coming out at a time when many are watching their nickles and dimes...things might get tough for the cruise biz......

Aw, c'mon, Steve-O - you couldn't have booked airfare this far out anyway!

(I have one, too)

Aw, c'mon, Steve-O - you couldn't have booked airfare this far out anyway!

(I have one, too)

My TA said Radiance would return to Miami and be doing 10,11. and 12 Night E. Caribbean Cruises visiting new ports of call. Similar to the sailings of =X= Equinox in 2009.

I am still scheduled to depart on the Radiance of the Seas from Valpariso, Chile on January 4, 2009. I just checked the RC website and the cruise is still listed to depart as scheduled on January 4.

The OP stated that the 2009/10 season had been cancelled, I think your sailing comes under 2008/09 season. At least that's what I'm hoping because we are on the April repositioning cruise from valparaiso to San Diego. Cruises on Radiance for the end of 2009 are, apparently, showing up as unavailable on the RCI website.

My TA said Radiance would return to Miami and be doing 10,11. and 12 Night E. Caribbean Cruises visiting new ports of call. Similar to the sailings of =X= Equinox in 2009.

Now those routes might get me to book where I might not have booked before. Airfare to SA is nuts, so it's not surprising that RCCL is pulling back closer to where most of their income is.

I can afford a flight in the US. I can't afford an International. Those are getting close to the cost of a cruise by themselves!

ah yes,because florida definitely needs more ships to choose from.:mad:

is the west coast not filling ships:confused:

dave

Definitely a shame...I'd like to do a SA and also eventually Asian and OZ-NZ cruises. Flying to any of those places is quite expensive so until I have more FF miles I can't take the whole family to these places in style using FF miles alone...

Maybe Radiance would be placed in Houston or Galveston now...

I would like to see RC offer more 10+ night sailings for the Caribbean. They've moved away from long Caribbean sailings, but that is what I was looking for. I had a 10 night sailing booked on Empress for April '08 but they sold her and cancelled the sailings. I tried to a 11-night on X Galaxy for April '09 but they canceled that one too and are selling that ship. I loved the Radiance class vessel so might think about coming back to RC if they use her for a 10+ night Caribbean sailing.

My October 9, 2009 Radiance cruise is still listed. I would be so bummed because I have GS 1060 and JS 1100. This sailing seems to be selling well.

My November 16th sailing is the last one listed so who knows where she's going after me.

I would love to know.

Wrona, glad you get your Cabo cruise in. Ours for 2010 was among those cancelled. DH and I were really looking forward to that too. Time in San Diego (DH has never been) and a short cruise South of the border (in 1100). Hope this means something even better is in the works for me.

I would like to see RC offer more 10+ night sailings for the Caribbean. They've moved away from long Caribbean sailings, but that is what I was looking for. I had a 10 night sailing booked on Empress for April '08 but they sold her and cancelled the sailings. I tried to a 11-night on X Galaxy for April '09 but they canceled that one too and are selling that ship. I loved the Radiance class vessel so might think about coming back to RC if they use her for a 10+ night Caribbean sailing.

I'm with you. Two of our best cruises were 11 night Southern Carib out of Miami on the Brilliance. Seems like the have been concentrating more on the longer cruises which incorporate the Panama Canal (without actually going in). Far prefer the Southern Carib - checked out RCCL's website and do not yet see anything about the Radiance in 2010.

Archived