Anyone have pics of Sun Cabin 1002 or 1202?

S&S Cruisers 1983

I have searched and searched for some pictures and can't find any. They are the only forward BA's on the pool deck, shaped differently than the other BA's and I am dying to know what they are like. I hope someone out there has some pics? I asked a while ago with no results, so I thought that I would try again!

You had my hopes up that someone would respond, but it looks like you're going to strike out again. I am booked in one of those cabins on the Sun, but not until September 2010. I see you have two Sun cruises scheduled. I can't help you with the 2009 cruise, but I will take & post pictures before your November 2010 sailing (always good to have long range goals !).

Hi Sharon,

We had stateroom 1202. We loved it. It had a huge balcony and lots of space in the room. We did our cruise Oct. 24 last year. We are also thinking of doing the same week as you. We might wait until the last month to book. Last year the prices dropped $1000 at that time. Also with the economy the way it is I want to make sure I am working at that time.

I checked out you Roll Call and it is going strong. We sailed with Kent last year. He is a great guy. Tell him I said hi. :)

We loved the stateroom until the last day. The Sea was rough and the ship really rocked coming back to SF. I thought I was going to get sick.

That would be the only reason I wouldn't book it again. I have always had the middle of the ship and have been in rougher seas and never felt like that. When we went to dinner I felt better but as soon as I came back to the room My head started spinning. My wife did some sun tanning on the balcony and only about 3 days it was to windy to use..

We compared rooms with one of the suites on the side and our room was bigger. They actually want to trade rooms with us.

Here are some pictures of the room and balcony.

Room1.jpg?t=1235671340

Room2.jpg?t=1235671415

Room3.jpg?t=1235671692

Edited by Antioch Cruiser

Room4.jpg?t=1235672965

Balconyfull.jpg?t=1235673617

LawnChairs.jpg?t=1235673705

ViewFront.jpg?t=1235673734

Thank you so much for the pictures!!!! I am extremely excited now, well, except for that sea sick part!:eek: Is the bathroom bigger too, or is it the same as the other BA's, shower curtain and all? I better take extra Bonine I guess. I at least have to try it, right?

Edited by I'm-a-cruise-lover

• 3 months later...
It was actually bigger than the suite. Like I said the person we had shown our room to had a suite down the hall and they wanted to trade room with us.

Enjoy your trip.:)

I managed to book this cabin for our trip to SA in January.................should be exciting round Cape Horn. The cabin looks wonderful and the balcony well, what can I say. Really looking forward to this cruise.

Susan

NCL Jade 2009

NCL Sun 2010

My parents are in this room and we have 1002 for our upcoming Alaska trip!! SO excited! Thanks for the photos ~ am a bit nervous about sea sickness but hey ~ here's hoping it's ok!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
No roofs Slight overhang about 1-1/2 ft stateroom loc. is above the bridge next to owners suite

Does anyone have pictures of the "overhang"? I'm still trying to get an idea of how exposed/public the balcony is. Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures of the "overhang"? I'm still trying to get an idea of how exposed/public the balcony is. Thanks!

...tried to edit my previous post, but no luck. :-(

A picture from Deck 12 looking down would also be great if anyone has it.

Thanks again!

We were in 1202 for two wonderful weeks.

• Below is a picture with an arrow pointing to 1202.
  • 1002 will be 3 balconies to the right of the arrow... and to the right of that is the corner suite (balcony door is partly open).
  • You can see there is really no over-hang over the balcony, however, the level above is set farther back.
  • From what I recall, people on the level above could only see us when we were standing at the balcony railing... and vice versa.

Reykjavik_025.jpg

My "first person perspective" from the balcony of 1202. :D

5thseaday_012.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Clay. :-) I look forward to your pictures!

Pennhoo, great pictures! Thank you!! I'm so excited right now! :-) I just made my son come look at "my room". :-D Every picture I see makes the trip seem a little more real.

• 1 month later...

There is a very slight overhang...below is a picture taken looking up at it right at the door. I failed to take a picture from the balcony in front of the Observation Lounge looking down but you can see about the front three feet or so of it. Due to the slope of the ship in front of that balcony, it blocks the view down to most of "our" balcony.

We had a great cruise and are almost sorta sorry we had this room....it has ruined us for future cruises in a regular size stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

IMG_3837.jpg.a078fefcb296c73dfbcda5c9e0871c27.jpg

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Thanks 1

We had a great cruise and are almost sorta sorry we had this room....it has ruined us for future cruises in a regular size stateroom.

Oh no, don't say that! :-o This is our first cruise! We're going to have totally warped expectations if we ever do this again!

I failed to take a picture from the balcony in front of the Observation Lounge looking down but you can see about the front three feet or so of it.

umpy10 took a picture from this perspective (kind of) & posted it in his review.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/umpy10/Day%20%204%20on%20the%20Sun/DadsCruisePix130.jpg

(I hope it's not bad form to link to another person's picture. ...if my attempt at a link even works.)

Thanks again, Clay. And thanks to umpy10. :-)

They can only see you head and you have to be right up next to the rail standing up other then that its totally private

• Thanks 1

Oh no, don't say that! :-o This is our first cruise! We're going to have totally warped expectations if we ever do this again!

umpy10 took a picture from this perspective (kind of) & posted it in his review.

http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m507/umpy10/Day%20%204%20on%20the%20Sun/DadsCruisePix130.jpg

(I hope it's not bad form to link to another person's picture. ...if my attempt at a link even works.)

Thanks again, Clay. And thanks to umpy10. :-)

LOL - that picture actually is of us. That is me on the far right with the flattop. Next to me is our friend George (the bald one) and next to him is Scott. I didn't recall that we were all out on the balcony, but obviously we were.

Since this is your first cruise, you should try to get your roll call group to do a cabin crawl - they will all be envious and you can get a good overview of the other offerings. We typically don't have an issue with inside cabins - they are always dark and cool - so very good for sleeping. Being in an inside is really just fine with us for a cruise with lots of port calls, full days - Eastern Med for instance. For a cruise with lots of sea days and/or lots of scenery (such as Alaska or South America) we tend to try to figure out a way to afford a balcony. From now on, if we ever are on Sun again, we will try to get one of these two rooms, as they are so special, but if we didnt', it wouldn't keep us from crusing. Hope you enjoy your first one!

Clay, Did you hear any music from the Observation Lounge? I must admit that I took a good long look at these cabins but DH was concerned that they might be below the dance floor in the Observation Lounge.

(We eventually decided to book a B1, so we fully expect to live happily ever after.:))