I am going on the

FASCINATION-9/10,9/14,&9/19..

It's my bday Cruise.........

Doing a BTBTB..............

Happy Cruising to me..........

I like Bday Cake Ice Cream..........

p.s. I went to see the Doctor today

and I have loss 10lbs since March......

May not be much,,,,but it's 10lbs.........

Oh,,I am getting ready to go

Cruising for 14days.........

Lots of food,,,,,,,,,,,lots of Walking.............

• 1 year later...

Barbara thanks for bringing up the post!

Miriam..Good to "see" you! What have you

been up too?

Thank you for bringing more cake and ice cream.

We got all the dates covered...

Mine..1st

Diana..4th

Miriam 7th (if I remember right)

Barbars..10th

Jan..18th

Who else?

I brought the.."men and music"...

Let The Party Begin. Have to make

up for lost time!

Hi, Belle,

Been busy writing tons of sports articles and doing other things. I've been doing a lot of land cruises -- we go to Arizona a couple of times a year now, and to at least one sometimes two Cubs road games. Last month I was in San Francisco and Atlanta and we were in Texas earlier in the summer. One of these days I have to get myself back on a ship. I really miss it.

In the meatime, no more skinny minny here. Due to female hormones and ballpark food every day for the past three years, I've gained a bit too much weight, but it is starting to come off. I haven't gained all that much and people tell me I look better now than I did before, so I'll keep it all in perspective.

Your memory is correct, tomorrow (the 7th) is my birthday.

Happy b-day to all other Sept. babies! I'll try to check in once in a while and keep up with my old friends here. I haven't forgotten you!

It's good to see you happy and content.

A little weight gain won't hurt you...you

got down so low.

All you have to do is go on a cruise and

YOU will LOSE! Everytime you went you

LOST! lol

I've been on a few in the past years..I GAIN!

Do you write freelance or for a paper, mag?

I knew you really loved to cruise..book one now!

It's easy..only hard thing is paying for it!!!

Happy Birthday the 7th. Least my mind is still

working..most of the time...a year older now!

Yes come in more often..miss you!

Barbara and Jan, thanks! I've just spent the last hour going through Facebook posts from friends! WOW.

Belle, you are right. I did lose every time I cruised. I really want to get back on a cruise but as you said, paying for it is a problem, even for me with one of my jobs. ;) I need to book one anyway. Boy Wonder has never been on a cruise! I believe our next trip is back to Arizona.. well, Milwaukee on Sunday, but that doesn't count -- it's just for the day.

The sports writing is all freelane. I write for three different online sports entities. One is a Cubs column, one is on anything Major League Baseball, but that's expanding to football and hockey if I want and the last is working part time for a new regional page covering all major Chicago sports. I am associate editor of that one. I love it!

I wish my dad was still around to see how all of this exploded suddenly. I would have loved to have introduced him to my newest friend --he just happens to own the Cubs. THAT is something I NEVER imagined when I dreamed about writing about my favorite baseball team.

I think there's a surprise in the fridge for me for the game tonight. I put some Diet Pepsi in there earlier and saw something that looks like it's filled with calories that's meant for the ballpark tonight!

• 1 year later...
Happy Birthday Everyone.....

My Bday is 9/10.......

I am going on the

FASCINATION-9/10,9/14,&9/19..

It's my bday Cruise.........

Doing a BTBTB..............

Happy Cruising to me..........

I like Bday Cake Ice Cream..........

It's September......

Happy Birthday........

I am going on the Fascination again for my B-day......

Happy Cruising to meeeeeeeeeeee............

Sorry I'm late to the PARTY!

Any drinks left? Where's the dancers?

Miriam what have you been up to? WE

miss you.

My birthday is over.

Diana's on a cruise.

Miriam's next. What are you going to do on your day?

Barbara's going on a cruise.

Jan what are you doing on yours?

Anyother Birthdays for Sept.?

My mother is in the hospital.

Been there everyday. Why I

Haven't seen this or written. Had my

birthday in the hospital. Dinner

with the "kids" on the 2nd.

Hope everyone had or has a WONDERFUL

BIRTHDAY!

Miriam - glad you posted - hope everything is going well with you!! Have a wonderful birthday!!

Does anyone ever hear from Sheila? - I miss everyone

Belle - happy belated birthday - sorry you had to celebrate at the hospital, but nice you had dinner with your kids (no matter how old they are) Is you mom getting better?

I am celebrating mine on the 18th --- I will be on a cruise and plan on having lots of wine, good times, and I will see if Ken is wiling to entertain with a dance or two :eek: I will be turning 60 --- just a number, but I want to enjoy every minute of my birthday. Jan

Hey, Belle, sorry you spent your birthday at the hospital. How is your mom doing?

I'll be spending mine by having a nice lunch with my mom and then seeing Bruce Springsteen at Wrigley Field. I'm hoping it doesn't rain, but the forecast isn't looking too promising.

I've been around, but not as much as before. I've been doing a lot of writing -- mostly about my Cubs, but also about the environment, deseases and illnesses and I do city guides. Plus, I'm editing a monthly newsletter, but I'm thinking of dropping that because the pay isn't worth the aggravation every month. I'll see what happens when baseball season ends and I have a little more time on my hands. My main focus is the baseball and I'm loving every minute of it.

BTW, Belle, I finished the drinks! :)

Jan, enjoy your brithday and the cruise. Where are you going? Which ship? I haven't been on a cruise in a while. My trips the last five years have been Cubs road trips and lots of trips to Arizona. And which Sheila are you talking about -- Host Sheila? I have quite a lot of contact with her.

Miriam I was actually thinking about the Sheila that went by the name "weird eyes" - she had been very involved on this board

Noisy question - Is boy wonder still around?

I am going to Bermuda from Boston - we won't have to fly, and I have never been to Bermuda before. We will be on NCL, which is also a new cruise line for us ---- I will turn 60 on this cruise!! :eek::eek: Don't feel it, don't know where the time went!

It was nice to "talk" with you again - hope everything continues to go well for you. Jan

Thanks Rose!

Jan, I had forgotten about that Sheila. I remember her. I wonder what happened to her.

Oh yes, Boy Wonder is still very much in the picture. I moved in with him a few months after my dad passed away. Can you believe it has been five years we've been together -- and three living together and we are still crazy about each other.

I've never been to Bermuda. I'd like to go one day. Boy Wonder has never been on a cruise, and I haven't been on one since we met. Our trips are all land cruises - baseball road trips (it's work and fun for both of us) and Arizona twice a year, at least. Can't wait to hear about your cruise when you return! I'll try to keep up with the thread and this particular forum. I'm glad to see my "baby" is still going strong! :)

Archived