Dinner at Captains table.

italian girl

blondie-table.gif

That's so funny!!!

Reminds me of our last cruise. We asked for large table and had a table for 4...The other couple told us they didn't really come down to dinner in MDR. We went to Matre D and asked for a larger table,he said he had a nice table of 8 for us. We arrived next night, we sat at this large table "Alone". It turned out everyone who was on it the night before didn't like the other guests and all had asked to be moved....We did get a good table the next night.

Also for whoever watches "Keeping Up Appearances" When Onslow and Mrs Bucket go on the QE2. Onslow refuses to sit at the Captains Table...I'm not eating with the crew.....

Normally, the captain eats at the Captain's Table the first formal night. Other officers dine with guests on the other formal nights.

Hi Texed:D it varies.....he does eat at formal night but sometimes

it might be the 2nd one;)

But I do know you are correct about who sits there when he doesn't....

Hotel Director, Head Engineer, Staff Captain.......it just varies from

cruise to cruise.

2 formal nights and sometimes it is just a surprise who the host

might be:)

Why did you not eat with the Captain? Why was he not there at the table?

Well, on a 7 night sailing there are 2 formal nights and he will be

at one of those dinners. The other times there are other officers

hosting the table. Hotel Director, Chief Engineer, Staff Capt,....

The Capt normally hosts 1 Formal Night for only 1 seating.

Been to the Captain's table twice. One was with the Staff Captain and the other was with an Assistant Hotel Manager. Both were fun. The assistant hotel manager's fiance was - wow. We had a great time.

The Captains on Celebrity mostly are not what I would call the great table mates. They pretty much try to stay out of the way and run the ship.

On the other hand, the RCCL Captains seem to be more outgoing. Actually had a drink with the Captain (not quite dinner with but probably more fun) on Granduer a while back. Only problem is he stiffed me for the drink (just kidding - it was a free drink event).

Hello....This has been a most informative thread. I wonder if any people invited to the captain's table are solo cruisers.....I know Lois is...but how about others? Jini

We have eaten at the Captain's table about 5 times now, never had a suite. We have had the pleasure of eating with the youngest captain on Celebrity at that time (he was 38), Ship's Doctor, Hotel Director, Staff Captain & Human Resources Director & each time has been wonderful & lots of fun & good conversation. Yes, there have also been single people at the table they have adjusted the table from 9 - 12 people. Not sure why we get chosen but it is a wonderful experience.

That may have been true in the past but many of the Celebrity Captains of today are very good dinner companions. Most of them are those former young officers who have now been promoted.:) I can think of some of the former captains who were also very personable.

I agree with Ma Bell. We ate with the staff Captain on the Equinox a few weeks ago. He was young and quite a conversationalist. He said he hoped to become the new Captain of the Millennium early next year. Last year we also ate at the Captains table. Again he was young and very friendly.

We dined with Captain Tziz Taramas (sp?) on the Millenium last August 2008 in Alaska, and he was a great dinner companion - we covered a whole variety of topics over a couple hours, and everyone had a great time.

We are elite, weren't cruising in a suite, and are a young couple (25&26). The hostess told us she was looking for a couple that looked fun to complete the table, and that was us :cool:

Archived