Azamara evening excursion in Istanbul

maryann ns

Has anyone ever taken the Azamara "Turkish Dinner and Entertainment" excursion in Istanbul?

If so could you tell me about it? What restaurant/nightclub did you go to? How were the food and entertainment?

My husband and I went to this show and truly it was the highlight of our trip..Sorry I cant remember the nightclubs name but the food was excellent and the show great..I have never seen such incredible belly dancing!! The host ended the show by singing the national anthem of almost every different country in the world in their own language..impressive..

Jancruz1

Thanks so much for this, Jan. Here are the names of some places. Maybe that will help you remember:

Al Jamal, Orient House, Kervansaray, Istanbulin, Galata Tower, Sultanas, Gar

I am trying to see which one Azamara uses. I am negotiating with one of these and I have read reviews of most of them.

Thanks so much for this, Jan. Here are the names of some places. Maybe that will help you remember:

Al Jamal, Orient House, Kervansaray, Istanbulin, Galata Tower, Sultanas, Gar

I am trying to see which one Azamara uses. I am negotiating with one of these and I have read reviews of most of them.

Sultanas sounds familiar..biut the only way I can tell would be look at my itinerary notes and they are in Palm Springs and I dont go there until October..when to you leave?

Jancrruz1

Would it help adding 4 to the group for us?

Bob

I've been negotiating with Kervansaray, but not too many people are interested right now. I have the price down to 50 Euros cash to be paid when we are picked up. This is for 15 or more people.

Hi,

We were just in Istanbul as part of our land vacation

We visited the Galata Tower and to get to the top of the tower and restaurant you take an elevator but it only holds 10 people or so.

It stops at the restaurant and then to go to the VERY tippy top of tower you have to climb further and go outside. but only a few small steps to enter the base of the tower and then once you are in the elevator you can go straight to the restaurant. I tell you this in case mobility is an issue

The views of Sultanhamet (old town) from the Galata Tower were stunning and I bet when it is dark breathtaking.

So, just on the view I would check out that option

We will be adding our Istanbul pictures to our travel website in the next 3 weeks and we took a lot from Galata Tower so if you would like to see them, let me know and I will let you know when they are up.

Archived