Coco Cay Veggie alt?

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for veggie alternative choices while lunching on coco cay?

I've been researching the boards and it looks like the choices offered are beef/chicken/hotdogs, which I'm sure meets the needs of most folks. I don't like to bring attention to my "special" dietary habits when attending holiday barbeque's, preferring to just eat the side dishes when these are my options, however, I only see potato/pasta salad mentioned as sides. Are there beans and rice? Bean salad? Baked potatoes? I eat seafood as well, but I'm sure that would have been mentioned if that was offered :D

I was trying to think of what I could bring from the Windjammer breakfast buffet instead, maybe a bagel with salmon/cheese...

Thanks for any ideas...

Wondering if anyone has any ideas for veggie alternative choices while lunching on coco cay?

I've been researching the boards and it looks like the choices offered are beef/chicken/hotdogs, which I'm sure meets the needs of most folks. I don't like to bring attention to my "special" dietary habits when attending holiday barbeque's, preferring to just eat the side dishes when these are my options, however, I only see potato/pasta salad mentioned as sides. Are there beans and rice? Bean salad? Baked potatoes? I eat seafood as well, but I'm sure that would have been mentioned if that was offered :D

I was trying to think of what I could bring from the Windjammer breakfast buffet instead, maybe a bagel with salmon/cheese...

Thanks for any ideas...

There is salad (green) as well as the "picnic" type salads. I seem to recall corn on the cob. Some other stuff, too. Vegetarians shouldn't go hungry on CocoCay. :)

Be warned, the flies are horrible at cococay. I was there last week and the flies love the veggies and fruit. Try to eat as soon as they put out the food.

I was there too. And the only fly deterrent/control was a guy waving a paper plate around at the food trays!

You could get fruit and a mini box of low fat Granola cereal from the Windjammer. We couldn't find any bagels on our cruise this week, but they had smoked salmon, sliced cheese, and multigrain bread which would make a nice sandwich (pack baggies). I don't think you are allowed to take food off the ship, so do what you need to do.

You could get fruit and a mini box of low fat Granola cereal from the Windjammer. We couldn't find any bagels on our cruise this week, but they had smoked salmon, sliced cheese, and multigrain bread which would make a nice sandwich (pack baggies). I don't think you are allowed to take food off the ship, so do what you need to do.

While I am usually a strong proponent of NOT bringing any food off the ship, since it is their island and their food and they bring food off themselves, I don't think there would be a problem in this particular case.

They have a great pepper/onion/veggie salad. I eat chicken but no other meat or any seafood at all. There are lots of different salads, fruit, desserts, etc. I doubt you will go hungry. But I also always brings snacks from home so usually take some pretzels or FF Pringles out with me also.

• 11 months later...

Corn on the cob, macaroni salad and cole slaw were a few of the salads I remember. On my last cruise, I was not eating beef or pork at the time, and found that the ship offered more vegetarian/vegan options than I previously thought.

Thanks for any ideas...

They have veggie burgers, you just have to ask.

Archived