Cat. H on Eurodam

seaboat

Just curious and would like some more info....I read some reviews on cat H but I'm a bit confused still. This newbie has lots of questions and very excited about her upcoming cruise. :)

I know that on the Eurodam cat H is obstructed oceanview, but how obstructed is it??? :confused: Will I be able to see the sunlight shine thru? (cuz I love the sunlight)

Is it a ceiling to floor window? and Is there a bathtub in these rooms?

I would like to bring my laptop to play my Frank Sinatra music and to download my pictures, my next question is about the outlet. Is there an outlet in the room (not the bathroom)? Should I bring an extension?

my last question is, would I be able to put a big suitcase in the closet and hide it from view or from taking space in the room? I would like to know becuase If not I might be able to bring a big duffy bag and fold it. :p

Thank you happy travelers!

The obstructed cabins on the E-dam Upper Promenade have floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows. Outside there is a catwalk, and then the lifeboat. There's plenty of light, and the opportunity to get a glimpse of the sky, and maybe the water.

Yes, unless the deckplan legend says otherwise, expect a bathtub, with shower. The bathroom electrical outlet is in the light fixture at ceiling level. Bring a tall person along if you think you'll need to use it. ;)

There are two US-style electrical outlets at the desk, plus two European-style outlets.

There is no room in the closet for a suitcase, except for a carry-on. People usually slide the suitcases under the bed. Sometimes you have to lift the bed a bit to get a large suitcase under. There have been times I couldn't fit it under at all; those times I asked the steward to take it and store it for me.

Thank you, guys... I feel like I'm so ready for this cruise, becuase of this board. I like it alot!;)

Just a word of warning--- On our August cruise, our friends had one of the cabins that look out onto the lifeboats and have a catwalk outside. They called it their balcony that they couldn't access. The crew, however can access it and appear without warning outside your window. They liked to sleep with their curtains open and woke up at 5:30 one morning to find they weren't alone. Work was being done right outside their window.--So close your curtains at night.

We're also booked in a Cat H for the Noordam in December. Actually, I think my TA booked us at Cat H gty, so there's always the chance we'll get upgraded. I booked it because these cabins are located midship, a good location for us and you're right, it was less than the upper grades of inside cabin. Thanks for the pics, I really think I'll enjoy the window, we were in balconyonour spring cruise (Constellation) and the deal on our Dec cruise is that we do a "budget" cabin. I'm sure we'll be happy.

Archived