Passed by Florida DH board exam - now I can get a job and book a cruise!!!

Hi everyone...I don't know if y'all remember me :( ...I up and moved to Florida from Massachusetts in July. Well...I think we are finally settled...but, financially things were getting pretty grim as I was waiting to take my Dental Hygiene board exam...well I finally took it 2 weeks ago...and got my results...I passed!!! The bad news is...I have to get a job. The good news is...I'll have money to book a cruise!!! LOL. Isn't that sad...that was the first thing my husband and I thought of!!!

For those of you who were following my move...and thinking of doing the same...I say go for it...but make sure you have jobs lined up before you come down. My husband got a decent job while waiting to get his paramedic license...but only after applying to at least 40 jobs in Tampa...some of them quite remedial. Finally a family member helped him get work. And next month he is starting a job in his field. For me...I'm sure I won't have a problem.

No looking back!:D

Happy Cruising!!!

Congratulations, Dental-chic! Now you can have it all!! Isn't living in Florida sooo much better then up north at this time of the year?:D

For anyone else who wants to also move to Florida, We have our property here in Ocala for sale! We have 2 Spanish style houses on 3 1/2 acres in the heart of horse country. Anyone interested????

You can edit the contents, but not the title of a post.

/QUOTE]

Actually the title of a post can be edited.

The one post I had above I entered with no title, but I added the one on it now during the edit. (in fact that was the edit)

-Monte

COngratulations!!!!!! I know it must have been scary at first but now you are settled and evrything has a way of working out!!!!:) Her e is wishing you and your hubbie many years of florida living!!!

(and if my post needs editing oh well!!!! life is too short!;) )

Thanks so much everyone...and have a wonderful and safe New Year...and be sure to take a cruise!!!

I was thinking about you Jenn...it sure has been a while since we've talked...I'll have to send you an e-mail to catch up!!!

Dental-Chic: Congratulations on passing. Now that you are officially living in Florida, please join us on the Floridian thread (again).

OC - Hope your advertising works.

Where is the Floridian board? Hubby and I just relocated to Deltona, FL the middle of October.

I don't know about FL, but here in CA there are TONS of dental assistant and hygienist jobs in the newspapers. It's a great job, from what I hear, and most of them here work in two dentist's office at a time. Good luck to you and hubby!

Welcome to Florida! Glad you made it. It took great courage to just up and move. You will find a job in no time and a cruise is just around the corner. I am a native Floridian and I hope you will love it as much as I do. Seems like lots of people are discovering how great it is because Sarasota is growing much too quickly! Anyway, enjoy this beautiful weather and good luck on the job hunt. Deb

Archived