CCL removes family's 'lifetime ban'

jleq

Yep.....got back Sunday....just missing the hurricane. Great cruise, great weather, great ship........great cruise!!!

Only complaint was their "my time dining".........really needs alot of work......

Can you remind me which ship you were on again. I'm totally senile!!! :o

We didn't have bad weather either. I was so pleased!!!! We had mentally prepared ourselves for a change of itinerary...packed several pkgs of Bonine....LOL.

Who knew...the dang Triumph sailing to new England wound up screwed!

You just never know....

the negative publicity was already done, with much speculation of something more serious being done by the guy and his family.....now that they have rescinded the ban, it makes them look foolish for a knee jerk reaction. Rescinding the ban, in my opinion makes Carnival look guilty, not the guy.

And why did the "guy" look guilty?

Amazing how most of the posters if not all on the other thread was ready to string the guy up after tar and feathering him. Now Carnival rescinds the ban and it looks like the guy was in the right. Oh well it sounded so bizare that it couldn't possibly be correct. glad you guys weren't around in the Salem witch hunt. A lot more people would have been hung.

Amazing how most of the posters if not all on the other thread was ready to string the guy up after tar and feathering him. Now Carnival rescinds the ban and it looks like the guy was in the right. Oh well it sounded so bizare that it couldn't possibly be correct. glad you guys weren't around in the Salem witch hunt. A lot more people would have been hung.

You are so correct! I am partial to Carnival because it's the only line that I've desired to try and I haven't touched the tip of the iceberg on future sailings. I have noticed though that there are certain posters that defend the company as if they work for it.

I treat Carnival like Walmart, Target, and McDonald's; if it aint right, I need you to fix it please. Yes, I'm southern and I mean it. LOL

From my perspective I'll tell you why I thought he was.

Because if CCL did indeed (and now it looks as if they did) really do what this guy said, then they are really screwed up. It was too far fetched to believe (for me anyway) so I thought the guy was trying to pull something. It was just TOO bizarre and totally stupid to believe.

Come ON!!

That was extremely stupid for CCL to do...and after all the years on this board and never hearing them do anything quite THAT stupid, there was no way I was going to take that guys accusation at face value....so sue me. I didn't think he was lying because I am a cheerleader. I thought he was lying because the story was too bizarre.

Some of you crack me up...we sometimes make judgments on here and are wrong, but get over it. This isn't a courtroom and these are not trials and we are not repsonsible for handing anyone a death sentence...it's a discussion.

For goodness sake my kids over the years have told me things and I thought they were lying because it was so bizarre and it wound up being the truth...sometimes you just make a judgement that's wrong.

From my perspective I'll tell you why I thought he was.

Because if CCL did indeed (and now it looks as if they did) really do what this guy said, then they are really screwed up. It was too far fetched to believe (for me anyway) so I thought the guy was trying to pull something. It was just TOO bizarre and totally stupid to believe.

In this day and age, nothing surprises me any more. Including all the people bashing that family.

Can you remind me which ship you were on again. I'm totally senile!!! :o

We didn't have bad weather either. I was so pleased!!!! We had mentally prepared ourselves for a change of itinerary...packed several pkgs of Bonine....LOL.

Who knew...the dang Triumph sailing to new England wound up screwed!

You just never know....

The Mariner to the Mexican Riviera.......

Oh, brother! The title of the article should have been "Carnival Caves In to Media Spotlight".

Sure, some bean counter said hey - let't compare the cost of the dresser damage to the cost of Carnival's reputation... hmmm... we think the reputation is worth more.

Lift the ban and blame the EMPLOYEES and not the idiot cruiser who did whatever he did to merit the worst penalty a ship can impose. Yeah, Carnival, you show your true colors!!

You are Fun Ship to all but those who live there for months. Frankly, I am disgusted.

In this day and age, nothing surprises me any more. Including all the people bashing that family.

Well just to be clear, I didn't 'bash' anyone. I stated (on that other thread) that I thought it was bizarre. I didn't believe the story. I thought something was 'missing'.

You may be all boo-hooey for that family because a few people on here bashed them or didn't believe them, but sadly that's something that happens when you put your 'stuff' in the news.....

I don't think they really give a rats butt what was said on Cruise Critic. They got an apology (and whatever else) from CCL....I'm sure that's what was important to them.

I hear/read a lot of so called 'news' and there are MANY times I don't believe what I'm reading.

as we never saw the guy himself...just his adorable son getting ready for dinner looking like he hit the sauce. I meant the accusations from carnival.....figure of speech, not an actual pic that made me say...no that face could not possibly be guilty. This situation did give me pause however. We are cruising in a little over 2 days, and apparently, all it takes is an accusation from the cabin steward. His/her word against yours. I have never been in any hotel room, cruise ship, etc., that did not show some signs, even if they were tiny, of a previous user. I do not want to have to go around our cabin like i would with a rental car.

As this will be our family's first cruise with Carnival, I wonder will Carnival measure up? If I have to be constantly ill at ease over incidental scratches and dents from previous guests, it would put a damper on the cruise. I think though, it was an isolated incident, less likely to be repeated. So far, everything has been easier with Carnival. From booking, to the ease of the website, so we think it will be wonderful. If it is not, we don't have to cruise with them again....no big deal.

I hear/read a lot of so called 'news' and there are MANY times I don't believe what I'm reading.

For the record, I never believed that family's story and still don't.

You have to do something really bad to get a lifetime ban. I think something really bad happened, which we will now most certainly never know about, and that the ship's staff did not document it properly. The lawyers said to make it go away fast, and the corporate folks have to eat crow because of it. The pen is mightier than the sword, so it goes...

This would be an excellent topic to discuss on John Heald's blog, don't you think?

If Carnival accused me of incidental scrapes then placed a life time ban I would honor than ban and NEVER EVER cruise with them again. I'm glad this family went to the press to get their story out. How ridiculous.

I hope Carnival gets nailed ot the wall for this...their employees kept passengers prisoners on a ship over some scrapes on a desk? I hope the settlement they get from Mr. Arison hurts him good...this company is out of control sometimes with the way they react.

You have to do something really bad to get a lifetime ban. I think something really bad happened, which we will now most certainly never know about, and that the ship's staff did not document it properly. The lawyers said to make it go away fast, and the corporate folks have to eat crow because of it. The pen is mightier than the sword, so it goes...

This would be an excellent topic to discuss on John Heald's blog, don't you think?

Why? There was not even a hint of a threat of a lawsuit.......Carnival made a mistake and basically admitted it.........

I hope Carnival gets nailed ot the wall for this...their employees kept passengers prisoners on a ship over some scrapes on a desk? I hope the settlement they get from Mr. Arison hurts him good...this company is out of control sometimes with the way they react.

Hittin the sauce again eh:confused:

salty dingo . . . . . you are amazing. I swear Carnival could dump you and G'ma on some deserted island with one pint of water and you both would be saying Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

In this case Carnival screwed up. Period. End of story. They admitted it and issued an apology.

HOORAY!! for the little guy, looks like he put the big mean corporation in it's place... Shame on Carnival for making such a big fuss over a little scratch ~~!!~~

Lest we forget OJ is serving time for keeping someone against their will..... Kidnapping is what they called it.. I Think ~~!!~~

If I ever sail Carnival again, I will be sure to video tape the cabin upon entering, documenting every fault and make the steward sign off on every little scratch mark or scuffed carpet...

Archived