Captain Van Der Waard

trapezemom

Does anyone know what ship Captain Van Der Waard is on at this time? Anyone know what ship he might be on in Summer of 2010. I believe he told us he was going to move to the Eurodam? I appreciate any information you might have!

Well, up until recently "his" ship was Rotterdam but it looks like there will be some changes. He is scheduled to do a stint on Amsterdam later this year. He is not listed for Eurodam but things can always change

He is SO handsome! IMO the best looking HAL captain.

Roz

Roz that is why a few years ago here on the boards he had the Nick Name Captain van der Hottie :D

He even knew he had that Nick Name and I had joked with him about it.

Not only is he very handsome but a very very sweet man. When ever he saw us he would always stop to talk and the last evening gave me a big hug. :)

Well, up until recently "his" ship was Rotterdam but it looks like there will be some changes. He is scheduled to do a stint on Amsterdam later this year. He is not listed for Eurodam but things can always change

:o Darn I was hoping he would stay with the Rotterdam and we might get lucky and he would be the Captain for our Rotterdam cruise September 2010.

But one never knows HAL could move him back.

Lisa,

No, I did not know he had that nickname, but he well deserves it. I sailed with him on the Zaandam back in 2004. After I returned, I wrote a review and the moderaters deleted part of it. I said something to the effect of I'm single, but Captain Van Der Waard could make me change my marital status in a heartbeat. :D A girl can dream, can't she? It was nothing gross or disgusting, but it disappeared.

Roz

Lisa,

No, I did not know he had that nickname, but he well deserves it. I sailed with him on the Zaandam back in 2004. After I returned, I wrote a review and the moderaters deleted part of it. I said something to the effect of I'm single, but Captain Van Der Waard could make me change my marital status in a heartbeat. :D A girl can dream, can't she? It was nothing gross or disgusting, but it disappeared.

Roz

Roz, I totally agree there is nothing wrong with that. My DH actually jokes that he worries when I am on board with a couple of Captains. One is Captain van der Waard the other is Captain Jonathan Mercer :D

Captain Olaf van der Waard is scheduled to command the AMSTERDAM for the world cruise, joining her on Dec. 23, 2009, in time for the Xmas cruise. At present Capt. J. Peter Harris is in command of the ROTTERDAM, to be followed by Capt. Sijbe de Boer and then Capt. Rik Krombeen.

Archived