Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Thank you Joanie for the great job that you are doing for us all.

We are very lucky to have you tackling this big job, but it is so appreciated by us all.

Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving Day in Canada...may we all think of how blessed we are.

I enjoy doing the Staterooms and all:) Thank you for the thanks:)

I did not realize that today is the Canadian Thanksgiving Day:(

Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian Members and friends!!

Joanie

Does anyone have any pictures of cabin SS6055 or any SS category on the Eurodam. We will be sailing May 2011. Thank you.

I have photos of SS 6072 (same layout as SS 6055, just opposite side of the ship and more mid ship) and SS 6113 Superior Verandah Suite Staterooms on Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html SS 6113 is in the "bend" of the ship, so its layout is a bit different than other SS

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi just booked a Westerdam Cruise Catagory J 8056 on the Navigator deck . It is midship,but it is by itself. Does anyone know what all those empty rooms house?

They are most likely Officers Quarters or in some cases may be storage areas for either housekeeping or maintenance.

Joanie

Hey Joanie,

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten that I owe you a video. I am on a hunt for my instruction booklet so I can figure out how to download it to my computer. :D I promise, I will send eventually.

Kim

:DNo Problem Kim!!:D I understand!! I ordered a new keyboard 2 weeks ago from LogiTech. It came 3 days later. I have yet to hook it up to my tower. BTW, the reason I had to buy it is that I've worn away several of the letters on my old/current keyboard. LOL

Joanie

Just a Heads up to you all that my server(s) will be down.

Received the following notification regarding the downtime:

Last month we sent out a notice regarding the move of your web site account to a more powerful server in our Los Angeles data center. The move is to consolidate our servers into one single location, and at the same time, give your site a boost in server performance.

This letter is to let you know that your site transfer will start between the following times:

between 10/21/2010 7:00PM PST and 10/22/2010 7:00AM PST.

Estimated time to complete the transfer: 0.5 -5 hours, depending on site size.

Site to be tranferred: abqreunion2008.com [abq2008]

To ensure that we have the latest version of your site data, we will be temporarily suspending your site on the original server while we move your data to the new server. This will ensure that no new data is written to the old server and not populated over to the account on the new server. We will also test basic functionality of your site to ensure success.

This means that the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Back Up site will not be available at the time specified.

The Main HAL Staterooms/Cabins Pages will be going through the same change soon. I will keep you posted on when that change will be taking place

Joanie

Hey there Joanie. I took lots of pics of 5051 on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week. As soon as I can see straight, you'll have 'em for your website :-) My bf thought I was insane because I was taking a lot and I kept saying I needed to take pics for Joanie LOL. It was a handicap cabin to boot, so you'll have an example for those sailing in one :-) I also took some general pics of the ship, not a ton, but if you want those I could always pass them along as well. I have a lot to upload in the near future...

Hey there Joanie. I took lots of pics of 5051 on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week. As soon as I can see straight, you'll have 'em for your website :-) My bf thought I was insane because I was taking a lot and I kept saying I needed to take pics for Joanie LOL. It was a handicap cabin to boot, so you'll have an example for those sailing in one :-) I also took some general pics of the ship, not a ton, but if you want those I could always pass them along as well. I have a lot to upload in the near future...

Send em all!!!! Yipppeeeeeeeeee:D

Joanie

Joanie,

My hubby and I will be aboard the westerdam sailing Jan 7-14..our room is 4147..an M class room that looks a bit larger..do you have any pics on this one?

Thanks for all your kind help...and such a positive attitude,

denise

Edited by dmekdahl

Joanie,

My hubby and I will be aboard the westerdam sailing Jan 7-14..our room is 4147..an M class room that looks a bit larger..do you have any pics on this one?

Thanks for all your kind help...and such a positive attitude,

denise

Denise, I am sorry, but I have no M category photos on any of the Vista class ships on Deck 4.:(

I wish I could help but...........

Joanie

Ok Joanie...if you need originals just let me know via email. :-)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ariawoman/Vacation2010HollandAmericaNieuwAmsterdamPictures#

Those are all my ship photos, cabin plus my exteriors.

I've been playing a game all day and just saw your post;)

I just went to the site and these download beautifully. I will get them all downloaded and up and running tomorrow.

You are GREAT!!!!

Joanie

I've been playing a game all day and just saw your post;)

I just went to the site and these download beautifully. I will get them all downloaded and up and running tomorrow.

You are GREAT!!!!

Joanie

So glad I could be of help. I'd be happy to become your official photographer, if I could only gain access to more cruises on HAL :-) :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This morning, after learning that our trip on Carnival Splendor was canceled (which we had booked 6 months ago for a Jan. '11 sail date :(), we miraculously found a WC accessible cabin on HALs Oosterdam. My H uses an electric wheelchair so this was a requirement.

Curious if anyone here has sailed in this cabin (VD4051) & can share details, and would love to see photos if they're available. I've used the search feature here, and scoured the web but have (so far) come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance! :)

This morning, after learning that our trip on Carnival Splendor was canceled (which we had booked 6 months ago for a Jan. '11 sail date :(), we miraculously found a WC accessible cabin on HALs Oosterdam. My H uses an electric wheelchair so this was a requirement.

Curious if anyone here has sailed in this cabin (VD4051) & can share details, and would love to see photos if they're available. I've used the search feature here, and scoured the web but have (so far) come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have to tell you that I do not have photos of all the Handicapped staterooms, but I can show you SIMILAR staterooms in the same category on a different ship.

I have photos taken of 5051 on Nieuw Amsterdam just a couple of weeks ago. This is a slightly larger ship than the Oosterdam and more modern, and this stateroom is a bit larger, but the layout SHOULD be similar: VF 5051 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck (Handicapped Stateroom) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Nieuw_Amsterdam/index-3.html

I was on Oosterdam May 2008 in stateroom VF 5054 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 5 Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom) And was quite happy with it. http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index-3.html

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie
corrected Oosterdam HC URL

Joanie - thanks for the links. I'm a bit curious, and maybe you can allay some fears...the bed seems to be placed in such a way that it creates an obstacle for a wheelchair to access the entire cabin (looks like that in both sets of photos). Is this "walkway" wide and just doesn't photograph well?

Thanks again,

tea

Joanie - thanks for the links. I'm a bit curious, and maybe you can allay some fears...the bed seems to be placed in such a way that it creates an obstacle for a wheelchair to access the entire cabin (looks like that in both sets of photos). Is this "walkway" wide and just doesn't photograph well?

Thanks again,

tea

It is wider than it appears. I had no trouble getting my scooter or walker/rollator between the bed and the wall (the walker is as wide as a wheelchair.)

I will try to get photos for you in 2 weeks.

Joanie

It is wider than it appears. I had no trouble getting my scooter or walker/rollator between the bed and the wall (the walker is as wide as a wheelchair.)

Joanie

Ok, That makes us both feel better. It would seem odd if the chair or a scooter user was unable to utilize the rest of the cabin, and the balcony!

I can hear you now...

Knock, knock...

"Hello, you don't know me, however, could I please photograph your cabin?"

(I'd be the one who says, "Sure, why not!")

Thanks again!!