Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

you've done a beyond impressive job. Hat's off to you & thanks for the guidance in navigating it. I'll continue to check periodically for updates. Thanks again!

Thank you:)

It is with the help of all the Cruise Critic Members that it is as impressive as it is:) Whatever HAL ship you take,if you could take photos of your stateroom from your point of view, good, bad, so so... and send them to me for posting, that would help a great deal:)

I should have both the Main Site and the Back Up site looking exactly the same before the end of January. Just takes time to catalog correctly, and the time to do it.

Joanie

We do not have photos, but it was fantastic. The largest/longest balcony on the ship, aside from the wraparounds and the Penthouse, although the cabin is about 12-16 inches narrower the balcony more than makes up for it. We took a peek at the other balconies and they were nowhere near the size.

Just booked- are they similar to the ones you Did of navigation 8117?

Actually yes, the photo of VA 8117 is similar except that VA 8108 is a Quad (sleeps 4) so it would have not only the bed that can be made into 2 twins, but also a sofa that will sleep one person and a drop down bunk for the 4th person.

If you look at the photos for VA 8021 there are more photos of what you can expect (except that it is for 2 people only as is VA 8117).

Joanie

Has anyone seen or have pictures of the view?(I know HH is an "obsructed view:rolleyes:, so no ocean) But what do you see? I think it's a stairwell, but is it a see-thru for light, or is it a solid, opaque wall? I need light, so hoping for some filtering through.

If anyone knows, I'd love to hear from you.

I did not find it on Joanies site. Did I miss it?

Thx so much.

But what do you see? I think it's a stairwell, but is it a see-thru for light, or is it a solid, opaque wall? I need light, so hoping for some filtering through.

Yes, it is a staircase, which is enclosed in glass. So, there will be light in your cabin, but no view to speak of.

Personally, I would rather have an obstructed view which has the hull of the ship across the decking. There are such cabins which have a real sightline to the sea and sky, if you look to the side.

What is the difference between C and D on the Westerdam? From looking at photos I can't see any real difference (other than possibly location)?

You are correct that the dfifference is basically the location of the C & D staterooms. There is one more factor and that is that HAL has updated the C, D, DD, E, F, G*, GG, H, HH to now read Approximately 174–180 sq. ft. instead of their previous overall Approximately 185 sq. ft.

So looking at the deck plans, I'd hazard that there is perhaps also a 6 sq ft difference in the C - HH category staterooms.....

BTW, I am updating the site as quickly as I can startinf with the Back Up web site :)

Joanie

Thx so much for your response. An HH in the very front of ship is still available, and sounds better as for "view", but on a 30 day cruise I'm not so sure I'd want to be in the absolute front with the risk of rough seas? Otherwise...

Yes, it is a staircase, which is enclosed in glass. So, there will be light in your cabin, but no view to speak of.

Personally, I would rather have an obstructed view which has the hull of the ship across the decking. There are such cabins which have a real sightline to the sea and sky, if you look to the side.

Joanie do you have any new information on the VQ for the Nieuw Amsterdam..wondering if they have Juliet balconies or regular...and how is the motion and noise they are near the crow's nest lounge..on the panorama deck. Crow's nest seems far enough away though but wondering how long it's open..

Joanie do you have any new information on the VQ for the Nieuw Amsterdam..wondering if they have Juliet balconies or regular...and how is the motion and noise they are near the crow's nest lounge..on the panorama deck. Crow's nest seems far enough away though but wondering how long it's open..

Only the deck 11 VQ's have the Juliette Verandahs. Deck 10 VQ's are large enough for 2 chairs and a small table. I have photos of 10032 here that I took in December during a Cabin Crawl: http://abqreunion2008.com/Nieuw_Amsterdam/Deck-10.html.

No one mentioned noise or motion problems from anywhere on that deck, other than maybe our CC M&G during the cabin crawl:)

You might want to ask the noise question of CC member: Roni & Tony (that is their CC name) as this was their stateroom.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

I booked room 8056 on Westerdam for our up coming cruise in March.I already paid in full and I am now a little apprehensive about my choice.I fear even if I do get offered an upsell it will be too much as the cruise has gone up significantly.I wonder if someone has a picture of that room?Can anyone tell me what is around this room as the map just shows empty space without any details.

Edited by alpal1993

I booked room 8056 on Westerdam for our up coming cruise in March.I already paid in full and I am now a little apprehensive about my choice.I fear even if I do get offered an upsell it will be too much as the cruise has gone up significantly.I wonder if someone has a picture of that room?

I do have photos of J's on the Noordam & Eurodam. Looking at the deck plans for both Noordam and Westerdam, Westerdam's J 8056 looks larger, they look about the same size as the J's on the Eurodam's Deck 8. Here are the links

Westerdam Deck Plan (Deck 8)http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-8.jpg

Noordam Deck Plan (Deck 8)http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/No-deck-8.jpg

J 8130 Noordam: http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-8.html

Eurodam Deck Plan (Deck 8)[url=http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-8.html][/url]http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/deck-8.jpg

Eurodam J photo Deck 8: http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/Deck-8.html

Joanie

Hi Joannie,

I have been reviewing your website which is a Godsend. We are booked on the Prisendam and doing Deluxe Verandah suite (s). I tried finding some pics, but didn't do too well.

would you or anyone know - we are currently booked on sports deck as I read on some threads that people on the Lido heard noise from the running track and some people smelled the barbq.

we have to go downstairs to go to the Neptune, but the Penthouse is on the sports bar too, so it would appear to be the better deck? (hopefully it's not much rougher there?)

did we make a right choice or should I switch. If you have feedback on your website that I missed I would appreciate any advice.

If not, no worries. You have done a lot of tremendous work for us and it is truly appreciated. Jacqui

kazu, it's a matter of personal preference. (You were probably afraid I'd say that.) Some people like being close to the Neptune Lounge, and some would prefer to be further away.

We were in a Superior Suite on the Prinsendam, and spent almost every evening in the Crow's Nest, the bar on the Sports Deck. We thought then that we would not want to have a suite up there because it could get noisy. But we have been in Deluxe Suites on cruises since then, and since the rooms are so large, now I am not so sure that we would have heard much noise. And trust me, if they upgrade me to a PH, I am not going turn that down! Unless you are out on your balcony, I don't know why you would hear track noise or smell the BBQ, but that would be true for both decks.

Hope this helps somewhat, until someone who has actually stayed in one of those cabins can reply.

Hi Joannie,

I have been reviewing your website which is a Godsend. We are booked on the Prisendam and doing Deluxe Verandah suite (s). I tried finding some pics, but didn't do too well.

would you or anyone know - we are currently booked on sports deck as I read on some threads that people on the Lido heard noise from the running track and some people smelled the barbq.

we have to go downstairs to go to the Neptune, but the Penthouse is on the sports bar too, so it would appear to be the better deck? (hopefully it's not much rougher there?)

did we make a right choice or should I switch. If you have feedback on your website that I missed I would appreciate any advice.

If not, no worries. You have done a lot of tremendous work for us and it is truly appreciated. Jacqui

Looking at the side by side Chart for the Prinsendam Decks, I cannot see how anyone could hear noise from the Jogging track as there are no staterooms under it:confused:

Here is the Side By Side Chart for Prinsendam (as you can see the jogging track is over the Lido Mid Ship Pool area and the Lido Restaraunt itself Not over any staterooms. The Only thing over the staterooms on the Sports deck is the sky:) http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Prinsendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

I think you made a great choice!! Let me add here that Lido or Sports Deck, either looks to be a good place to be:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joanie, some of the decks on the Prinsendam have been updated since the Chart you have was done. I believe the decks that kazu is interested have not changed, but the Promenade deck was redone, especially on the aft end.

Rats......... I had not noticed that when I redid the Rinsendam pages on the back up site:eek: I'll have to fix them after I get the Main Site looking like the back up site, sometime this week.

Thanks for letting me know:). I usually notice those things, but.....:eek:

Joanie

Joanie, you have a fantastic site. I felt terrible telling you about that, since I knew it must have been an oversight. But since this thread is about helping people choose cabins, I figured I needed to point that out.

By the way, I used the pictures of the cabin next to ours to convince my SIL to book it for our next cruise. :D My husband is thrilled that they are considering joining us. Thanks!

Joanie, you have a fantastic site. I felt terrible telling you about that, since I knew it must have been an oversight. But since this thread is about helping people choose cabins, I figured I needed to point that out.

By the way, I used the pictures of the cabin next to ours to convince my SIL to book it for our next cruise. :D My husband is thrilled that they are considering joining us. Thanks!

Oh No, my friend, I NEED you and the other CC members to point out the inaccuracies and corrections that need to be made!!!!

This is a joint project and I cannot do it by myself:) So any and all correct info is definitely welcomed, at all times!!

AND, if you can think of anything else that you'd like to see, just tell me and I will see what I can do:)

Glad you were able to helping to convince your SIL:):)

Joanie