Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

I love you. :) Thanks!

I'm not sure if they changed much aside from carpeting, curtains and bedding, but I am pretty sure they got new furniture too.

Per PurpleNorway's description: Quote "We had deluxe verandah suite 016. It has been beautifully updated—new couch, carpet, bathroom counter, curtains and more. It was very spacious and had tons of cupboards and closets. We slept well, but it was a little noisy in the morning. I could hear some kind of service door opening in the hallway and deck chairs scrapping on the Lido deck above. But at least this got us up at a decent hour.

[

Cruise Critic Member: purplenorway"

I'd say that means that yes, they did get new furniture:)

Joanie

Hi I looked at your eurodam site and it's great! THANK YOU for the time you put into making that site. Do you know if there are any pictures of the wheelchair accessible cabins like VD4052, etc? I wondered what the bathroom layout might be like with out the tub and the odd shaped balcony.

Hi I looked at your eurodam site and it's great! THANK YOU for the time you put into making that site. Do you know if there are any pictures of the wheelchair accessible cabins like VD4052, etc? I wondered what the bathroom layout might be like with out the tub and the odd shaped balcony.

I do not have any photos of the Bend stateroom HC bathroom layouts. Sorry, you'd think that's something I'd have taken photos of but... Hindsight is 20/20.:(

We were on the Oosterdam in one of those staterooms and it was wonderful. The bathroom is where you see the wheelchair located on the deck plan. The Bathroom door, in our stateroom was a straight shot in from my side of the bed (nearest to the hallway) and I was able with ease to wheel my scooter right into the bathroom. I parked the scooter under the sink (no shelves under the sink) and the shower with fold down seat was next to the toilet. Entire floor was slightly sloped with a drain in the middle of the floor for good drainage. It also had a floor length shower curtain for privacy.

The bathroom also had rails every where!! I absolutely loved it!!

The Verandah I do have photos of from our stateroom on the Oosterdam 5054, though they are not great photos. Our views from this verandah were amazing!! I believe we had a better view than folks in the regular staterooms around us:D http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/index.html

Wish I could provide you with better/more answers but...

Joane

Edited by IRL_Joanie

We have never sailed on HAL but are looking at booking a cruise on the Amsterdam cabin class DA on main deck. Our one concern is lots of noise from people walking/jogging above us. Since this will be one of the longer cruises it's a bit more important than a shorter one. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barb

We have never sailed on HAL but are looking at booking a cruise on the Amsterdam cabin class DA on main deck. Our one concern is lots of noise from people walking/jogging above us. Since this will be one of the longer cruises it's a bit more important than a shorter one. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Barb

I just checked and cannot find any info or photos of a DA on the Main Deck. I have one of a G but nothing about noise from above. My suggestion is to wait 24 hours and check for replies here in this thread, OR post the same question on the main HAL Boards. I think you might get a faster response though on the Main HAL Boards.

I am so sorry that I cannot answer your question:(

Joanie

I just checked and cannot find any info or photos of a DA on the Main Deck. I have one of a G but nothing about noise from above. My suggestion is to wait 24 hours and check for replies here in this thread, OR post the same question on the main HAL Boards. I think you might get a faster response though on the Main HAL Boards.

I am so sorry that I cannot answer your question:(

Joanie

Thanks Joanie I will try the main boards.

Thought this might be of interest... shipcafe.net just posted a virtual tour of the Veendam post dry dock. Looks fantastic! Photos of cabins are towards the end after the public areas. He lists the cabin numbers as part of the captions.

I would like to see pictures of cabins on the Veendam, but can't seem to find any.

Am I on the right thread? Can someone help me out?

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't see any pictures.

Thanks for any help.

I would like to see pictures of cabins on the Veendam, but can't seem to find any.

Am I on the right thread? Can someone help me out?

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't see any pictures.

Thanks for any help.

You found the right thread A.S.!

Here is a link to what I have on the Veendam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

You found the right thread A.S.!

Here is a link to what I have on the Veendam: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/index.html

Joanie

Joanie,

I would never have found this on my own. Even tried a search and got nothing. Our cabins are not listed, 394 & 404, but there was a DD there, however it looked oversized.

Thanks so much for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple of weeks I've added a number of new stateroom and ship/public rooms to the HAL Stateroom/Cabins pages.

Included are the Nieuw Westerdam, Prinsendam, Veendam, Rotterdam, Eurodam, Westerdam and Zuiderdam. I think I have more, but I forgot which ones...

My thanks to all the CC members who are sending them to me. LOL even had one CC member that sent theirs to me the same day they got home from their vacation:D

Joanie

Noordom SC 6177 is a spacious cabin with one of the biggest (non penthouse) balcony’s I've seen. We stayed there for 21 days for the Christmas 2009 holidays. If you're thinking about this suite, don't hesitate; very acceptable cruising accommodations.

I've listed some of my pro/cons below for a quick overview of my experience in this suite (and on the Noordam in general). I've also included some links to my YouTube posts of the suite/balcony and have sent along some stills to Joanie to add to her collection (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/).

***Pros:

Cabin...

~ Spacious cabin (here's the link to my "Suite Tour" YouTube post:

)

~ Large balcony (here's the link to my "Balcony Tour" YouTube post:

)

~ Quiet (zero noise except for the occasional moving of balcony furniture from the suite above)

~ Big bathroom; two sinks, Jacuzzi tub with removable shower head and separate shower with removable shower head

~ Great room service, you can order any restaurant item to your cabin (full daily menu's delivered to your cabin)

~ Laundry and dry cleaning included

~ Binoculars, umbrellas, bath robes, small flat screen TV, safe, a couple of locking draws

Ship...

~ Great crew (I've typically had good experiences with most crews but I've found HAL's to be the overall friendliest)

~ Clean facilities

~ Decent spa

***Cons:

Cabin...

~ Being all the way aft, it can get some significant movement in the open ocean (I happen to like rough seas but thought I'd mention it in case you do not share my affinity)

~ I couldn't help but think that the cabin would have been dramatically improved with another window (at the head of the bed where the mirrors are) to take advantage of the significant starboard field of view (this is more of a nice to have and there may be structural reasons for not doing this)

Ship...

~ Shore crew were few and (once found) were not knowledgeable about the port/area logistics (we received more help from the more numerous Princess shore crew on multiple occasions)

Noordom SC 6177 is a spacious cabin with one of the biggest (non penthouse) balcony’s I've seen. We stayed there for 21 days for the Christmas 2009 holidays. If you're thinking about this suite, don't hesitate; very acceptable cruising accommodations.

I've listed some of my pro/cons below for a quick overview of my experience in this suite (and on the Noordam in general). I've also included some links to my YouTube posts of the suite/balcony and have sent along some stills to Joanie to add to her collection (http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/).

***Pros:

Cabin...

~ Spacious cabin (here's the link to my "Suite Tour" YouTube post:

)

~ Large balcony (here's the link to my "Balcony Tour" YouTube post:

)

~ Quiet (zero noise except for the occasional moving of balcony furniture from the suite above)

~ Big bathroom; two sinks, Jacuzzi tub with removable shower head and separate shower with removable shower head

~ Great room service, you can order any restaurant item to your cabin (full daily menu's delivered to your cabin)

~ Laundry and dry cleaning included

~ Binoculars, umbrellas, bath robes, small flat screen TV, safe, a couple of locking draws

Ship...

~ Great crew (I've typically had good experiences with most crews but I've found HAL's to be the overall friendliest)

~ Clean facilities

~ Decent spa

***Cons:

Cabin...

~ Being all the way aft, it can get some significant movement in the open ocean (I happen to like rough seas but thought I'd mention it in case you do not share my affinity)

~ I couldn't help but think that the cabin would have been dramatically improved with another window (at the head of the bed where the mirrors are) to take advantage of the significant starboard field of view (this is more of a nice to have and there may be structural reasons for not doing this)

Ship...

~ Shore crew were few and (once found) were not knowledgeable about the port/area logistics (we received more help from the more numerous Princess shore crew on multiple occasions)

Great Review!! Love to see both the good and bad of the ships:)

Got the photos and have copied the parts of the review pertinent to the staterooms. Will get them all up tomorrow as hubby and I are going to dinner.

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, I need your help with a NEW project for the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Pages!!

Another CC member emailed me this morning with a GREAT IDEA!! She suggests a separate page for Handicapped Staterooms on each of the HAL ships. This would really aid all of us, both handicapped or not to know what to expect. AND PLEASE, no flaming of anyone who stayed in one even if they are/were not HC.

To make this idea work, I need ALL of you who have stayed in or have photos of Handicapped Staterooms on ALL of the HAL ships to send me the following info please:

Photos if you have them:

Ship Name:

Stateroom Number:

Description of the HC Stateroom (such as; tiny single sink, with room for a wheel chair under it or roll in shower with fold down seat....):

YOUR Cruise Critic Name:

Date of Cruise (if you can remember):

Thank you so much in advance for this assistance for those that are HC and really need to know!!

I am also going to start a new thread for this request on the Main HAL Board.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hey Everyone, I need your help with a NEW project for the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Pages!!

Another CC member emailed me this morning with a GREAT IDEA!! She suggests a separate page for Handicapped Staterooms on each of the HAL ships. This would really aid all of us, both handicapped or not to know what to expect. AND PLEASE, no flaming of anyone who stayed in one even if they are/were not HC.

To make this idea work, I need ALL of you who have stayed in or have photos of Handicapped Staterooms on ALL of the HAL ships to send me the following info please:

Photos if you have them:

Ship Name:

Stateroom Number:

Description of the HC Stateroom (such as; tiny single sink, with room for a wheel chair under it or roll in shower with fold down seat....):

YOUR Cruise Critic Name:

Date of Cruise (if you can remember):

Thank you so much in advance for this assistance for those that are HC and really need to know!!

I am also going to start a new thread for this request on the Main HAL Board.

Joanie

I'm so glad you liked the idea :-) It's a great idea to start a few threads, maybe you'll get info from any new CCers that didnt check this sticky thread :-) I hope that the information being in one place can help those that need the rooms, decide if they are adequate, and for those who were placed in one via a GUAR, whether or not the room will cause any differences to them that matter (for example the lack of a couch might be an issue to some - in the VF category i've not seen a couch in the photos, just 1 chair and 1 small table). The ability to eat in the room seems like it would be hampered with 2 people if there's only 1 chair. (but then maybe the pic I saw was an HC room with a wheelchair guest so maybe HAL removed a chair). It's little things such as these which will make your page so helpful :-)

Oh I also think you should note whether or not the person had any changes done to the cabin configuration if they send pics/info. For example having furniture removed/replaced/etc. They could also list any issues they had with the cabin (i've read some complaining about the showers flooding the bathroom) as these issues could actually help deter those that just see it as a "better" room due to the extra space. You never know.

And I agree with Joanie - please don't turn this into a debate about people in HC rooms that aren't HC. We know that HAL unfortunately doesn't always control these rooms properly, and that some folks end up there by luck of the draw on a GUAR or even an upgrade.

This is a wonderful idea! I will try to get pictures and info to you after our January cruise (our first in a HC cabin). We're not sure what to expect, but will be watching this for info in the meantime. Thanks to anyone who contributes to this.

This is awesome. Thanks so much for posting. It definitely gives a good overview of what you're getting on the ship!

Thought this might be of interest... shipcafe.net just posted a virtual tour of the Veendam post dry dock. Looks fantastic! Photos of cabins are towards the end after the public areas. He lists the cabin numbers as part of the captions.

This is awesome. Thanks so much for posting. It definitely gives a good overview of what you're getting on the ship!

While it's a great site and has great pics of the ship, the pics aren't showing you all the A/C problems they appear to be having on the ship (for the past several years). I dont care how pretty it is, if I'm stuck in a sauna, no thanks :-)

As for the others, have you tried the links to irl_joanies website? She has many many pics of the different ships that should hopefully give you an idea of what's out there. It's in her signature apparently i can't grab it in this view.

This was our trip on the Amsterdam back in April, room 7001 PH:

It was a pleasant trip. Feel free to use these.

Thank You!!!

I have the photos and will get them up today!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie