Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

My wife and I are on our first trip with HAL to Alaska and got upgraded to cabin 6141. :D Anyone have any idea of the balcony size, or have any insight into what to expect with this cabin.

Many thanks

Joannie, I've posted this question on the main Holland board, but would hope that someone has info about Cabin S-7041 on the Rottadam which is a handicap cabin. Certainly someone can provide some info???

I just compared the deck plans of S 7041 and S 7034 and the only differences are that S 7041 has both a bathtub and shower and a wider door than 7034, S 7040 and S 7041 also have a much better access doorway to get into the stateroom, straigh in as oppsed to having to maneuver your scooter or wheelchair to get into the doorway. (see the deck plans here to see what I mean: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/Deck-7-b.jpg Other than those differences I can see nothing else that sets them apart, other than location to the Neptune Lounge and elevators. You can see photos of S 7034 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/index.html Looks like a great location to me:)

Joanie

Does anyone have balcony pictures of these cabins/balconies on the Zuiderdam?

Comparing photos of VC 5043 and VC 5157 eith the deck plans for VC 5047 and VC 5049 I come up with them looking the same in layouts, the differences appear to be the location and VC 5047 and VC 5049 are triples as opposed to double occupancy only.

You can see photos of VC 5043 and VC 5157 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Hope this helps

Joanie

Hi, Joanie. I was looking at your website (which is really fabulous, by the way) and saw a photo for cabin # 7037 on the Eurodam that's labeled as "VA"; however, unless there's one REALLY spacious VA, it looks more like "SA" or some other suite (at least judging from what I could tell from other photos). Just thought I'd call that to your attention. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for pointing out my error:o!!! I've made the correction now:)

I'm glad the site is so helpful to everyone!! And I am grateful to everyone for keeping me on the straight and narrow on it!!

Ya'll are the GREATEST!!

Joanie

Oh wait i think i see what you mean. I notice a certain popular website will list the deck the room is on, and that deck seems to have different bed sizes or number of vanities in the bathroom, etc. Interesting.

I'd like that site also please??? email irl_joanie@yahoo.com underscore _ between irl and joanie

Joanie

Anyone stayed in and/or have photos of this room? DH and I are booked here for Nov 13 cruise and very excited! We initially booked SA, but loved the idea of wraparound aft balcony. Any thoughts? Thanks!:)

Though on a different ship and ship class, Eurodam's (Signature Class) SB 7132 is located the same as Oosterdam's (Vista Class) SB 7142.

I have photos and a description of Oosterdam's SB 7142 located here and I sure hope it helps you out: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/index.html

Joanie

I sent the link to all 3 of you today at one point or another :-) Enjoy.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled incessant dreaming about taking a cruise this October, and praying the price comes down just enough for me to justify it to myself :-)

Thanks Joanie, I did check out the pic's - those are probably before the refurbishment. I will see if I have any of our last cruise on the Zuiderdam to add to your site!

OK, well heck I tried:) I am constantly updating the pages, with new photos from fellow CC'rs and also from HAL themselves.

Yesterday I started a new project in revamping the descriptions of the various Stateroom Categories on each ship. Hopefully, I'll have all the pages done by the end of the week.

OK, hubby just came in and wants his dinner:)

Joanie

Joanie,

You are amazing! this is a great reference site.

I could not find anyone posting pictures of the aft facing AB cabins on the Prinsendam. I have one that was thrown together for a picture during dry dock, and I would hesitate to post it because it really looks pretty dismal. I was hoping someone would have posted one since they are new cabins. I am booked in AB218 next year and would love to see a "real" picture of the cabin.

Did I miss it somewhere?

thanks for all your work.

Lynn

Joanie,

You are amazing! this is a great reference site.

I could not find anyone posting pictures of the aft facing AB cabins on the Prinsendam. I have one that was thrown together for a picture during dry dock, and I would hesitate to post it because it really looks pretty dismal. I was hoping someone would have posted one since they are new cabins. I am booked in AB218 next year and would love to see a "real" picture of the cabin.

Did I miss it somewhere?

thanks for all your work.

Lynn

Lynn,

I wish I could show you photos of the Prinsendam Staterooms and answer your questions, but.... Until I get photos and descriptions from our fellow CC members I'm as much in the dark as you. I am so sorry:(

Joanie

wow! information overload, this the first forum i joined to know about cruises and i definitely got my hands full.

Kelcy,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!!

Hopefully this is a GOOD Overload in info:)

If there is ANYTHING you do not see an answer to, ask away!! 99.99% of the CC members will gladly be able and happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Just keep the one important fact in mind: The ONLY stupid question is the one you do not ask!!

ALSO I just noticed that your Signature has a Link in it. THAT needs to be removed hon as it is a violation, I believe of the CC rules against advertising. I do not want to see you getting in trouble as a brand new member of these boards:eek:

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

You are doing a wonderful job, thank you.

We are sailing July 10th on The Zuiderdam cabin 4103 obstructed view. What can we expect? I have read that the windows are from floor to ceiling facing lifeboats.

Do you have any picture of this class of cabin, thanks

You are doing a wonderful job, thank you.

We are sailing July 10th on The Zuiderdam cabin 4103 obstructed view. What can we expect? I have read that the windows are from floor to ceiling facing lifeboats.

Do you have any picture of this class of cabin, thanks

OK, let's see if I can help:)

On Zuiderdam's Sister ship Noordam there are a few with the lifeboats showing outside of staterooms: 4077, 4079 though not the same stateroom, it will give you some visual of what you MAY encounter http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/index.html

Westerdam H 4106 (same category as your stateroom on Zuiderdam H 4103) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/index.html

Hope this helps??

Joanie

I've searched and searched to no avail: Does anyone have photos (not ones produced by HAL) of Statendam's S suites post retrofit?

I'm dying to find one but can't. :(

Take a look at S 016 Deluxe Verandah Suite Stateroom Deck 10 Navigation Deck http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Statendam/index.html This S Stateroom is POST Dry dock. Photos and description are I believe from just last month thanks to fellow CC member PurpleNorway.:)

Joanie

I've searched and searched to no avail: Does anyone have photos (not ones produced by HAL) of Statendam's S suites post retrofit?

I'm dying to find one but can't. :(

Hi there,

I will be curious if I hear to the contrary but I was under the impression nothing other than new carpet was done to the S Suites.

Will be interested in hearing if that is wrong as I have one booked for my Alaska cruise in Sept.

HNLGAL

Take a look at S 016 Deluxe Verandah Suite Stateroom Deck 10 Navigation Deck http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Statendam/index.html This S Stateroom is POST Dry dock. Photos and description are I believe from just last month thanks to fellow CC member PurpleNorway.:)

Joanie

I love you. :) Thanks!

I'm not sure if they changed much aside from carpeting, curtains and bedding, but I am pretty sure they got new furniture too.