Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

I think you will be happy with your choice hon!! Keep in mind what YOU want!! Another thing to always keep in mind is, you will be on a cruise of a lifetime. One you have dreamt about (will be dreaming about) for years. How many others do you know who will be able to relive your memories?

Also, I stress to everyone that we each have our own standards of what is great and what is misery. I look at any cruise as a wonderful vacation and I do not let little things get me down. I hated my last stateroom, VA as opposed to a Deluxe Verandah Suite, it was just to small for me, but I did not let it ruin my vacation. I slammed the verandah door shut onto my left hand and had to have 6 stitches in my middle finger. I did not let that ruin my vacation. I looked at the finger incident as the only time in my life I was able to give the 'finger' to everyone and get away with it:D

Enjoy the cruise hon!!! And I hope you take lots of photos for the HAL Staterooms Pages for me??;):D

Joanie

Joanie, I can see that you have only sailed on Vista class ships of Hals and with all due respect .......I don't think you know what it's like to sail on a old, broken down ship. The Vista class ships are beautiful! Having a smaller room on one ship then you did on another would not be what I would consider a hardship. Having no air conditioning and 2 dead motors were 2 things I had to deal with on my last trip on the Statendam. I could go on at length by why bother. The reviews for the Statendam have been consistanely bad. I have spent 40 days on the ship in the since Nov.08 so I think I might know a little about it. Like I've mentioned to this poster before....I would only go on this ship again if it was free. I don't think I'm overly picky. If I was the poster I would for sure go on the Ryndam but the poster seems to really want to go on the Statendam. I really hope that she is not going to be terribly disappointed....and if she is...I hope she'll remember the discussions on this board.

Edited by lorekauf

Joanie, I can see that you have only sailed on Vista class ships of Hals and with all due respect .......I don't think you know what it's like to sail on a old, broken down ship. The Vista class ships are beautiful! Having a smaller room on one ship then you did on another would not be what I would consider a hardship. Having no air conditioning and 2 dead motors were 2 things I had to deal with on my last trip on the Statendam. I could go on at length by why bother. The reviews for the Statendam have been consistanely bad. I have spent 40 days on the ship in the since Nov.08 so I think I might know a little about it. Like I've mentioned to this poster before....I would only go on this ship again if it was free. I don't think I'm overly picky. If I was the poster I would for sure go on the Ryndam but the poster seems to really want to go on the Statendam. I really hope that she is not going to be terribly disappointed....and if she is...I hope she'll remember the discussions on this board.

I do understand that you know the Statendam and that you had some major problems with it. However, my point is that this poster, HNLGAL really wants to go to Glacier Bay. The Ryndam does not go there, it goes to Tracey Arm which is not as good from what I understand. Also, as I pointed out to her in several posts, she is not going until September and I believe, the problems you've had, may have been fixed by then. And, in my opinion, if you go having had major problems, or looking for them, you will find them! This is not saying that you yourself will but... I really think that the poster will be happy on the Statendam and going to Glacier Bay.

Joanie

I do understand that you know the Statendam and that you had some major problems with it. However, my point is that this poster, HNLGAL really wants to go to Glacier Bay. The Ryndam does not go there, it goes to Tracey Arm which is not as good from what I understand. Also, as I pointed out to her in several posts, she is not going until September and I believe, the problems you've had, may have been fixed by then. And, in my opinion, if you go having had major problems, or looking for them, you will find them! This is not saying that you yourself will but... I really think that the poster will be happy on the Statendam and going to Glacier Bay.

Joanie

I didn't go on that ship looking for major problems. I went on it a second time after I wasn't overly thrilled with it the first time. The reason I did that was for the itin. The ship has been in drydock and it is still having problems. I'm not quite sure how you think they will be ironed out by then. I took my first trip on a Vista (the Oosterdam) in April. I love that ship! That ship is nothing like the Statendam. I've mentioned my concerns to several posters before about the Statendam and a lot of them blew me off.....until they got their turn on that ship. I do not feel this way about any other ship of HALs. I just don't want you to encourage this poster to think things will be "ironed' out somehow. I want her to go in with her eyes open and I completely understand about her wanting to do that itin. I LOVE the Panama Canal but will not be doing that trip on HAL if I have to do it on the Statendam. In that case I would go to Princess.

Thanks so much Joanie... Did you see my other post about the which is better the Statendam vs. the Ryndam? Is the Statendam too old? I am leaning toward the Statendam as it includes Glacier Bay in it's itinerary whereas the Ryndam doesn't. Also, does it matter if I am on Port side (for scenery)? Somebody just told me the food wasn't that great, which surprised me looking at the pictures of the food. That was one of the reasons I chose NOT to go on the Celebrity Mercury for this journey as I saw YouTube pics of their food and it looked very, very ordinary.

hey Joanie

Just wanted to let you know that I spoke with Ship Services and they said the Stat's and the Maas' MDR are not the same and she sent me the Stat's. If you give me your email address I will send them to you - they sent them to me as attachments.

HNLGAL

hey Joanie

Just wanted to let you know that I spoke with Ship Services and they said the Stat's and the Maas' MDR are not the same and she sent me the Stat's. If you give me your email address I will send them to you - they sent them to me as attachments.

HNLGAL

You gots it!! email addie is in my signature below but here it is to make sure:) irl_joanie@yahoo.com that is an underscore between irl and joanie

Joanie

I am hoping that posting this link, one might get an idea of what the cabin looks like that has a FULLY Obstructed Oceanview Cabin. I am 6 feet tall which allowed me a better view. I was very pleased with the cabin. As you can see, you get a partial view outside. The window is fixed and does not open. It lets in lots of light and although the view is obstructed, you can get a partial view on what is going on out your cabin.

The link: http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/slideshowFinishPage.jsp?token=429378642310:563758010

Cheers, Pierce

Joanie, I need to know if the inside 217 sq ft K565 cabin on the Ryndam is as spacious as the M773 & M769 cabins. VERY important!

They are different configurations, and I know the M773 is very nice, but don't klnow if K565 would suit our needs. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

I am going on my first HAL cruise soon, and have a question about the cabins we selected.

We are sailing with friends, and we have reserved cabins AMSTERDAM : VERANDAH DECK : D6100 & D6102.

On the ship deck diagrams they show these cabins as having doorways on a "private" hallway, across from each other.

However, in the pics on Joanie's site, you can see that the open doors are facing the windows, which we know face the front of the ship (directly under the bridge.)

Is the diagram incorrect, or am I seeing the photos from a weird angle and they are giving an incorrect perspective?

My buddy is going by the diagram, I say the photos are correct. Not a big deal or any kind of deal, I just want to be able to say NAH NAH NAH! :D Also, just kinda wondering....

Edited by GloBug

Joanie, I need to know if the inside 217 sq ft K565 cabin on the Ryndam is as spacious as the M773 & M769 cabins. VERY important!

They are different configurations, and I know the M773 is very nice, but don't klnow if K565 would suit our needs. Any info will be greatly appreciated!!

My meds have kicked in for the night and I am getting to loopy to make sense of what I am trying to research for you. I will do the research in the morning and post my findings for you.

Joanie

I am going on my first HAL cruise soon, and have a question about the cabins we selected.

We are sailing with friends, and we have reserved cabins AMSTERDAM : VERANDAH DECK : D6100 & D6102.

On the ship deck diagrams they show these cabins as having doorways on a "private" hallway, across from each other.

However, in the pics on Joanie's site, you can see that the open doors are facing the windows, which we know face the front of the ship (directly under the bridge.)

Is the diagram incorrect, or am I seeing the photos from a weird angle and they are giving an incorrect perspective?

My buddy is going by the diagram, I say the photos are correct. Not a big deal or any kind of deal, I just want to be able to say NAH NAH NAH! :D Also, just kinda wondering....

I will do research in the morning for you and get back with my findings then, Meds are kicking in and I am now to loopy to make sense of what I am seeing.

Joanie

I put together a little graphic of the K565, K565A and the M769 and M773 for you to see the difference in size.

Ryndam-4-ssheldo.gif

There appears to be a bit more length and width both in the M769 and M773 staterooms. I think that depending on the furniture layout, you might be better off with the M category over the K. But, it depends upon you and your needs.

Hope this helps

Joanie

First off let me say that I think RevNeal is the best person to ask this question of as I am using his photos to reference this question:) That said, looking at the following photo I would have to believe that the 2 stateroom doorways face each other in the hallway and the door at the end is to the bow of the ship.

RevNeal_D-6102-11.jpg

Joanie

Except that the pics of the rooms themselves show the doors to the cabins facing the "front" of the ship where the windows are. And I believe that door goes to the port side of the ship.

Ok, I'll find a way to ask the good Rev.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by GloBug

I put together a little graphic of the K565, K565A and the M769 and M773 for you to see the difference in size.

Ryndam-4-ssheldo.gif

There appears to be a bit more length and width both in the M769 and M773 staterooms. I think that depending on the furniture layout, you might be better off with the M category over the K. But, it depends upon you and your needs.

Hope this helps

Joanie

Thanks, Joanie. That's what we thought, so we're going with K548. Anybody have any thoughts about being so close to the launderette?

Thanks, Joanie. That's what we thought, so we're going with K548. Anybody have any thoughts about being so close to the launderette?

.... because the 2 M cabins weren't available and the HAL rep said the configuration of K548 was the same. My TA originally advised against K548 because of the noise of the launderette, but we are 3 large people and the configuration is really nice.

Again, anybody know about any noise or inconvenience caused by people/noise of the laundry?

.... because the 2 M cabins weren't available and the HAL rep said the configuration of K548 was the same. My TA originally advised against K548 because of the noise of the launderette, but we are 3 large people and the configuration is really nice.

Again, anybody know about any noise or inconvenience caused by people/noise of the laundry?

I've read a few posts over the last year that people in staterooms near and or across from the launderette had no noise problems. They stated that had had expected noise but there was one whatsoever.

Joanie

After a quite a few inquiries lately regarding comparisons of staterooms and their sizes on various decks of the HAL Fleet, I have put together a new side by side comparison layout of all the Stateroom decks for each ship.

I think that it will make things easier for each of us.

Here is the Main HAL Staterooms/Cabins Page link, just click, as usual, on the ship you want to see and then on the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Compare Decks graphic on the right hand side of each page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

[quote name=ssheldo;24635099

Again' date=' anybody know about any noise or inconvenience caused by people/noise of the laundry?[/quote]

I had one room directly across from the lauderette one time and it was really noisy. This was an "upgrade" for me....and it was no upgrade. The hen party started up first thing in the morning and continued all day. The door was supposed to be shut but people kept opening it. If you are directly across from it I would be concerned in my experience. If you are several doors down I think you'll be fine.

After a quite a few inquiries lately regarding comparisons of staterooms and their sizes on various decks of the HAL Fleet, I have put together a new side by side comparison layout of all the Stateroom decks for each ship.

I think that it will make things easier for each of us.

Here is the Main HAL Staterooms/Cabins Page link, just click, as usual, on the ship you want to see and then on the HAL Stateroom/Cabins Compare Decks graphic on the right hand side of each page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

This is great Joanie...nice work..thank you for all this helpful information, really makes it much easier to check out our cabins...

First off let me say that I think RevNeal is the best person to ask this question of as I am using his photos to reference this question:) That said, looking at the following photo I would have to believe that the 2 stateroom doorways face each other in the hallway and the door at the end is to the bow of the ship.

RevNeal_D-6102-11.jpg

Joanie

Thanks Joanie. Per your suggestion, I contacted rev Neal, and his reply follows:

The ship diagrams on the HAL website are incorrect. Or, rather, they are correct for the Rotterdam. But, in building the Amsterdam, HAL decided to actually build that part of the ship

a little differently and the difference in actual construction resulted in a difference from the published ship deck-plans that has never been corrected.

I have stayed in 6102 aboard the Amsterdam, and have also walked into and looked around 6100, and can confirm without any doubt that the is NO "shared" hallway for the two cabins. Instead, 6102 has its own little hallway that one walks through to get into the cabin. It takes one past the bathroom module and turns left to enter the sitting area of the cabin proper. 6100, on the other hand, has no hallway at all. Both cabins have independent doors that open onto the main corridor running port-and-starboard at the very front of the ship just bellow the bridge on the port side of the vessel. If one faces both doors and turns to the left there is a public-access hatch leading outside onto the Verandah Forward observation deck. It is, by far, one of the best locations aboard ship for scenic cruising.

Thanks Joanie. Per your suggestion, I contacted rev Neal, and his reply follows:

The ship diagrams on the HAL website are incorrect. Or, rather, they are correct for the Rotterdam. But, in building the Amsterdam, HAL decided to actually build that part of the ship

a little differently and the difference in actual construction resulted in a difference from the published ship deck-plans that has never been corrected.

I have stayed in 6102 aboard the Amsterdam, and have also walked into and looked around 6100, and can confirm without any doubt that the is NO "shared" hallway for the two cabins. Instead, 6102 has its own little hallway that one walks through to get into the cabin. It takes one past the bathroom module and turns left to enter the sitting area of the cabin proper. 6100, on the other hand, has no hallway at all. Both cabins have independent doors that open onto the main corridor running port-and-starboard at the very front of the ship just bellow the bridge on the port side of the vessel. If one faces both doors and turns to the left there is a public-access hatch leading outside onto the Verandah Forward observation deck. It is, by far, one of the best locations aboard ship for scenic cruising.

I am glad that you were able to get a good response from the good Rev!! I expected he would be the one to best know, I knew he'd been in that stateroom and...I have added the note to Amsterdam's 6102 and will have the page with changes uploaded in a couple of moments.

Thank you to both you, for your perserverance, and RevNeal for giving us the correct answer:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Good Morning everyone!!

I received an email request this morning for information on Zaandam BB 6222,Verandah Suite - Deck 6.

Any and all information on this stateroom would be greatly appreciated!!!

Joanie