Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

Since our room and balcony are at the very front of the ship, I would think we would have a great view of the locks from our balcony. Am I right, or that isn't the way it works.

Thanks,

Peg

Joanie,

Since our room and balcony are at the very front of the ship, I would think we would have a great view of the locks from our balcony. Am I right, or that isn't the way it works.

Thanks,

Peg

Peg, I think you will have one of the best views on the ship!! And you won't have to leave your verandah for the front views or the right side views!!

I am so envious of you!! I'd love to do the Canal in a corner aft, front or back of the ship:)

You are so lucky!!

I am waiting for you to go and come back and let us know how everything went. We are trying to figure out where, of all the places we want to go, which one to choose. The Canal and Hawaii are top of the list for our next trip:)

Meds are kicking in, so got to sign off.

Joanie

Joanie,

You are a whiz, girlfriend!!! We left on vacation last Sat. morning, checked Cruise Critic and your website before we left - came home today, checked your website and it is AMAZING how many more photos you've added, and all that other specific ship info, classifications, etc. WOW!!! Good job! Thanx for all your hard work! Still don't see "MY" cabin (7056) for next May 31st sailing on the Amsterdam, back to Alaska - yes! But I'll keep looking! You are the best!:D

Lynda

I don't have a picture but I can tell you that we were very disappointed in the room. When you walk into the room, the bathroom is on the left and has a small shower...no tub. On the right is the desk and the TV sits ON the desk so you will not have much space...just enough for a laptop. To the right of the desk are three VERY small closets. They are approx.18 inches wide, at the most! One of the three is actually a half closet with a safe. There are three draws under the desk. There is no chair in the room and no room for a chair! There is a stool which opens for storage.

When you walk into the cabin, the bed is in front of you and to the right. The bathroom "cubicle" extends approximately 6 feet toward the back wall on your left. Between the cubicle and the back wall is a loveseat that juts out about 2 feet. There is no way that two people can watch the tv on the loveseat...one person will be facing the wall to the bathroom!!

Another issue with the room is the window. During the day, no one can see in; HOWEVER, at night anyone can see in unless you close the curtain. Also, if you have trouble sleeping with lights on, please know that on the back deck there are some VERY BRIGHT lights that are on all night.

If you are only in the cabin for a week or so, this room is ok. It is in a great location for the back swimming pool and cafe. It is quiet at night unless someone goes out the back doors to the deck! Beware...the doors are heavy and they slam constantly!

We were in the cabin for 84 days!! Definitely not enough room for two people. The worst thing was that my agent charged the same rate as HAL published!! This room is really meant for one person.

By the way, we did a cabin crawl and looked at many other cabins. This room had less closet/storage space than any other cabin we saw. Even inside cabins have more room!

Ouch! Thanx for your post bksunbuddies....I think...I've been able to see some photos of the room now and your description is right on. I'm going with a positive attitude though. DH and I are campers from way back, plus we have a teeny tiny cabin in NY where we've learned, by necessity, how to make do in small spaces. We'll be just fine with the closet situation - packing light, only one week's worth of clothes and taking advantage of ship's unlimited laundry service, so storage is not an issue. I think the biggest problem for us will be the bathroom - not wild about the shower only, but we'll make do. Also, appreciate the tip about the lights being on out on that deck all night long. Now THAT could be a problem for me! I like total darkness to sleep. Knowing what I do now, I'll be bringing some clothes pins to make sure those curtains are closed tightly, and will rummage for the eye shades I have from an extended hospital stay I experienced. That and my supply of Advil PM should do the trick. The quirky loveseat configuration doesn't bother me that much either. DH is the tv watcher while I prefer to read, nap and catch a few glimpses of the tv now and then, so he'll have the corner of the couch while I'll be sprawled in the bed. We aren't in our cabin much anyway, preferring to be out on deck or in this case, being mesmerized by the aft wake and the spectacular scenery. I think we'll do okay for 14 days. Hey, its Alaska, and that is what this trip is all about for us - I won't sweat the small stuff.;)

I thank you again for your honest and detailed review of the cabin. Appreciate it greatly and helps us to plan ahead for how to deal with some of the less than wonderful aspects of this cabin. Going into it with our eyes wide open and a great attitude can't hurt!:p

I don't have a picture but I can tell you that we were very disappointed in the room. When you walk into the room, the bathroom is on the left and has a small shower...no tub. On the right is the desk and the TV sits ON the desk so you will not have much space...just enough for a laptop. To the right of the desk are three VERY small closets. They are approx.18 inches wide, at the most! One of the three is actually a half closet with a safe. There are three draws under the desk. There is no chair in the room and no room for a chair! There is a stool which opens for storage.

When you walk into the cabin, the bed is in front of you and to the right. The bathroom "cubicle" extends approximately 6 feet toward the back wall on your left. Between the cubicle and the back wall is a loveseat that juts out about 2 feet. There is no way that two people can watch the tv on the loveseat...one person will be facing the wall to the bathroom!!

Another issue with the room is the window. During the day, no one can see in; HOWEVER, at night anyone can see in unless you close the curtain. Also, if you have trouble sleeping with lights on, please know that on the back deck there are some VERY BRIGHT lights that are on all night.

If you are only in the cabin for a week or so, this room is ok. It is in a great location for the back swimming pool and cafe. It is quiet at night unless someone goes out the back doors to the deck! Beware...the doors are heavy and they slam constantly!

We were in the cabin for 84 days!! Definitely not enough room for two people. The worst thing was that my agent charged the same rate as HAL published!! This room is really meant for one person.

By the way, we did a cabin crawl and looked at many other cabins. This room had less closet/storage space than any other cabin we saw. Even inside cabins have more room!

Thank you so much for this vivid description of the stateroom!! I've added it to the Amsterdam Stateroom Page http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Amsterdam/index.html

I really appreciate it!!

Joanie

Ouch! Thanx for your post bksunbuddies....I think...I've been able to see some photos of the room now and your description is right on. I'm going with a positive attitude though. DH and I are campers from way back, plus we have a teeny tiny cabin in NY where we've learned, by necessity, how to make do in small spaces. We'll be just fine with the closet situation - packing light, only one week's worth of clothes and taking advantage of ship's unlimited laundry service, so storage is not an issue. I think the biggest problem for us will be the bathroom - not wild about the shower only, but we'll make do. Also, appreciate the tip about the lights being on out on that deck all night long. Now THAT could be a problem for me! I like total darkness to sleep. Knowing what I do now, I'll be bringing some clothes pins to make sure those curtains are closed tightly, and will rummage for the eye shades I have from an extended hospital stay I experienced. That and my supply of Advil PM should do the trick. The quirky loveseat configuration doesn't bother me that much either. DH is the tv watcher while I prefer to read, nap and catch a few glimpses of the tv now and then, so he'll have the corner of the couch while I'll be sprawled in the bed. We aren't in our cabin much anyway, preferring to be out on deck or in this case, being mesmerized by the aft wake and the spectacular scenery. I think we'll do okay for 14 days. Hey, its Alaska, and that is what this trip is all about for us - I won't sweat the small stuff.;)

I thank you again for your honest and detailed review of the cabin. Appreciate it greatly and helps us to plan ahead for how to deal with some of the less than wonderful aspects of this cabin. Going into it with our eyes wide open and a great attitude can't hurt!:p

Amen! Attitude sure as heck helps!! I think you will do fine. Our TV in both our staterooms were in great locations to see, but hubby sat either on the sofa or at the desk, while I, like you, sprawled across the bed to watch it.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie
Spelling in title correction

No such thing as a silly question, only silly answers!!

That said, I have a couple of ships with no photos of them yet:( And most of the Video pages are also lacking:(

Which ships in particular are you interested in? And is the problem with ALL of the HAL ships pages or just a couple such as the Statendam and Nieuw Amsterdam?

Joanie

Hi Joanie

Thanks for your prompt reply,sorry for delay in replying,I can now see the cabins on the Statendam

Do you have any pictures of an S cabin on any other ship other than the Statendam,as there is not one showing

Thanks again

Hi Joanie

Thanks for your prompt reply,sorry for delay in replying,I can now see the cabins on the Statendam

Do you have any pictures of an S cabin on any other ship other than the Statendam,as there is not one showing

Thanks again

No problem Dulcetto, time is a precious commodity, I know!!

Yes, I do have some photos of S Staterooms on other ships. They are:

Maasdam S 005 and S 021 Deck 10 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

Rotterdam S 7034 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/index.html

Ryndam S 011, S 018, S 033 and S 043 Deck 10 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

Volendam S 7016 and S 7031 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/index.html

Zaandam S 7021 and S 7029 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zaandam/index.html

Hope these help

Joanie

Hi, Joanie! We are just home from the Jan. 12-22 Zuiderdam cruise to the Panama Canal and wanted to make a small correction to your list of cabins with available WiFi. We were in cabin 7079 and were never able to get WiFi in the room. I was a little bummed by that so just want to be sure others don't go thinking it will be available to them.

The Neptune Lounge even lost it's signal for a couple of days which made for a very crowded Explorer's Cafe!

No problem Dulcetto, time is a precious commodity, I know!!

Yes, I do have some photos of S Staterooms on other ships. They are:

Maasdam S 005 and S 021 Deck 10 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Maasdam/index.html

Rotterdam S 7034 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/index.html

Ryndam S 011, S 018, S 033 and S 043 Deck 10 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Ryndam/index.html

Volendam S 7016 and S 7031 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/index.html

Zaandam S 7021 and S 7029 Deck 7 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zaandam/index.html

Hope these help

Joanie

Thanks Very much Joanie thats a big help,thanks for doing this great job its much appreciated

Hi Joanie. I just sent you an email with pictures of Statendam Cabin 049. We sailed 12/21 from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego on the Statendam. We are very pleased with our 1st HAL experience.

Here's the link for our 12/21 cruise photos.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/576518763BKtIhc?vhost=travel

I have them up and running on the Statendam Page(s) now Jim!! Thank you so very much!! May I also use some of the other photos of the Stateroom and Ship?

Joanie

I have them up and running on the Statendam Page(s) now Jim!! Thank you so very much!! May I also use some of the other photos of the Stateroom and Ship?

Joanie

Joanie, you are so very welcome. :) Yes, use what ever other pictures of the Statendam you choose. Prior to our 12/21/09 Statendam cruise, I checked everywhere for pictures of the cabins and of the ship. What you have put together sure helped. Glad I could provide you with the pictures I took while on board. By the way...this is Jeanne. I sent the email on my husband Jim's email account.

Edited by JWJs

Joanie, you are so very welcome. :) Yes, use what ever other pictures of the Statendam you choose. Prior to our 12/21/09 Statendam cruise, I checked everywhere for pictures of the cabins and of the ship. What you have put together sure helped. Glad I could provide you with the pictures I took while on board. By the way...this is Jeanne. I sent the email on my husband Jim's email account.

Awesome photos!! I will get them up today!! There are a few of the ship itself and the aft (sea view) pool and even some other stateroom shots that I think will go nicely:)

Thank you so much for all the photos!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

I am not one to post here much but since I am looking for my next cruise I happened on this topic. You have done a fantastic job with all of the photos and the commentary from each passenger. GREAT JOB!

Thanks again,

Ruth

Hi Joanie,

I am not one to post here much but since I am looking for my next cruise I happened on this topic. You have done a fantastic job with all of the photos and the commentary from each passenger. GREAT JOB!

Thanks again,

Ruth

I'm glad you did post Ruth!! It reminds me I have a major announcement to make as soon as I submit this.

I love doing this!! Not only is it great for all of us that want to know before we get to our staterooms, but it gives us a better view than HAL does.

Thank you again!!

Joanie

Hi ya'll,

Just a notice that since I will be leaving for my 2 week cruise on Saturday 6 February through 22 February, I will NOT be updating the HAL Stateroom/Cabins web sites.

I will have my laptop with me, but will not have any internet service, by my choice. This is a vacation and I wanna have fun!! LOLOL

Keep sending your stateroom photos to my email and I will get them when I get home.

Joanie

Anyone have a photo of cabins 7080 or 7081 on the Eurodam? I would appreciate if would send to me or post. Thanks

kecoco, Eurodam 7080 and 7081 should be similar to the Vista Ships staterooms. Here are some photos of Zuiderdam SB 7088 along with the description (I do expect the Eurodam stateroom is slightly larger by around 100 sq feet. BUT layout is basically the same) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/index.html

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

hope you are having a great time on your cruise.

Just happened upon this site and wanted to thank you for a great resource. I'm hoping to do the Barcelona to Venice cruise next year so am looking forward to photos of the Nieuw Amsterdam when people start posting them.

I think you have a job for life with this site, keep up the good work.

Carolyn

• 2 weeks later...