Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Thanks Joanie, I did manage to get the search working and found quite a few discussions on this very cabin..seems it does not get a lot of public foot traffic, in fact one couple called it their secret door..:) and people who have booked it recommend it...will have to ask HAL if it does in fact have a tub and shower..thanks..

That is great Suzin!! I thought it would be fairly quiet:)

Joanie

Well I'm taking a chance,as things can change during building, with the Nieuw Amsterdam, being the mirror image of the Eurodam I have booked, 4166 for my Eastern Caribbean cruise..I hope it will be just like the Eurodam...what do you think?

Suizin, I think you will be thrilled with your choice!! VD 4166 looks like a most perfect spot to be in:)

Joanie

• 2 weeks later...

Travelmom, I have to specifically thank you for my newest cruise Itinerary and stateroom!!!! Thanks to your photos of your Oosterdam stateroom 7132 (now listed as SB 7142) we have SB 7142 booked for our cruise to Alaska on 17 February 2011 on one of her sister ships, ms Zuiderdam!!!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Well Joanie now I've gone and done it...I was planning to cruise with daughter # 1 because she lives 3000 miles away and I would not get to see her for about a year.. so I did the research and booked that "secret cabin # 4166"..then daughter # 2 hears about all the excitement with a retreat cabana, and maybe cruising is not a scary as she thought, and might like to come..but 4166 does not accommodate 3...so what to do..I think the price jump to a suite is a bit much on this cruise...but maybe it is what is needed with 3 women ..but we do have the retreat cabana already paid for..so where do I go from here...daughter # 2 eventually may not be able to travel at all depending on job and money situation...so what to do go for the suite...all of our times are flexible..do I book the suite which would be too much for just two with the retreat..or what to do?

Well Joanie now I've gone and done it...I was planning to cruise with daughter # 1 because she lives 3000 miles away and I would not get to see her for about a year.. so I did the research and booked that "secret cabin # 4166"..then daughter # 2 hears about all the excitement with a retreat cabana, and maybe cruising is not a scary as she thought, and might like to come..but 4166 does not accommodate 3...so what to do..I think the price jump to a suite is a bit much on this cruise...but maybe it is what is needed with 3 women ..but we do have the retreat cabana already paid for..so where do I go from here...daughter # 2 eventually may not be able to travel at all depending on job and money situation...so what to do go for the suite...all of our times are flexible..do I book the suite which would be too much for just two with the retreat..or what to do?

When did you book the cruise and for what ship?? If it is soon, then you need to give daughters a deadline to make a definite decision. If it is at least a year off give them a 5 month deadline... Then book from there. If you go up one deck to an SC on Deck 5 the price, directly through HAL is not that expensive slpit 3 ways. Plus an SC includes a discounted hotel rate through HAL. A PS, SA or SB the hotel is included. Weigh all the costs for cheaper cabins against the SB and SC with hotels included then make your decisions.

Joanie

When did you book the cruise and for what ship?? If it is soon, then you need to give daughters a deadline to make a definite decision. If it is at least a year off give them a 5 month deadline... Then book from there. If you go up one deck to an SC on Deck 5 the price, directly through HAL is not that expensive slpit 3 ways. Plus an SC includes a discounted hotel rate through HAL. A PS, SA or SB the hotel is included. Weigh all the costs for cheaper cabins against the SB and SC with hotels included then make your decisions.

Joanie

Hi Joanie thanks for the quick reply...really I didn't know the hotel would be discounted or included...the cruise is way off into Feb of 2011..yes the hotel would have been an extra 300..so you may be right on...I will work out the differences...thanks

Plus an SC includes a discounted hotel rate through HAL. A PS, SA or SB the hotel is included. Weigh all the costs for cheaper cabins against the SB and SC with hotels included then make your decisions.

Is this new? I have never heard of it.

Where can you find the details of this program?

Are you saying that anyone who books an SA gets a free hotel room?

From what I was told, yes. I think it is included in the price of the cruise. I know that we have only had to pay for pre cruise hotels when we booked V category staterooms and full hotel cost for post cruise stays.

I specifically asked her about the cost of hotels since this is the first time that we have booked a specific stateroom in SC and SB categories. That is when she told me the SC gets a discounted pre cruise hotel and the SB gets the pre cruise free. I asked her why SC is not included in the free pre hotel since according to HAL, SA, SB and SC are all Deluxe Verandah Suite Staterooms and she said the SC's while considered the same category are not for hotels.

Hope this makes sense to you... It did to me when she explained it, and now knowing that I only have to pay for my post cruise hotels makes it a lot easier, and cheaper for us:)

FYI though ---- IF you are cruising out of Vancouver, but flying into Seattle, the hotels ARE NOT paid for!!! The discount/Free hootels only apply to the Port city you are departing from. We are flying into Seattle for one of the cruises (SC stateroom category May 2011) and will be taking the HAL bus from Sea/Tac airport to the Vancouver port, so we will be flying in the day before and paying our own hotel. The bus is only available the day of your cruise. They no longer do a hotel and bus transfer package. Cost of the Bus transfer from Sea/Tac Airport to Ship is $130.00 per person R/T.

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning to all once again!!

I come, once again, asking for more photos of the various HAL Ships Stateroom photos for the HAL Staterooms/Cabins pages.

With all the refurbishments and dry docks for the ships, I need to keep the site updated as much as possible.

So, please send me your photos and comments about your staterooms so I can get them up and running for other CC members to see and read about their staterooms on the HAL ships???

Joanie

From what I was told, yes. I think it is included in the price of the cruise. I know that we have only had to pay for pre cruise hotels when we booked V category staterooms and full hotel cost for post cruise stays.

I specifically asked her about the cost of hotels since this is the first time that we have booked a specific stateroom in SC and SB categories. That is when she told me the SC gets a discounted pre cruise hotel and the SB gets the pre cruise free. I asked her why SC is not included in the free pre hotel since according to HAL, SA, SB and SC are all Deluxe Verandah Suite Staterooms and she said the SC's while considered the same category are not for hotels.

Hope this makes sense to you... It did to me when she explained it, and now knowing that I only have to pay for my post cruise hotels makes it a lot easier, and cheaper for us:)

FYI though ---- IF you are cruising out of Vancouver, but flying into Seattle, the hotels ARE NOT paid for!!! The discount/Free hootels only apply to the Port city you are departing from. We are flying into Seattle for one of the cruises (SC stateroom category May 2011) and will be taking the HAL bus from Sea/Tac airport to the Vancouver port, so we will be flying in the day before and paying our own hotel. The bus is only available the day of your cruise. They no longer do a hotel and bus transfer package. Cost of the Bus transfer from Sea/Tac Airport to Ship is $130.00 per person R/T.

Joanie

Joanie

Question, did you understand that this applys to any cruise Port city you are departing from?? Or does it apply only for cruises to Alaska from the Northwest?

I asked my TA (a good one) and it was news to her.

Ray

Joanie

Question, did you understand that this applys to any cruise Port city you are departing from?? Or does it apply only for cruises to Alaska from the Northwest?

I asked my TA (a good one) and it was news to her.

Ray

Ray, Just got off the phone with my HAL PCC and she stated it is for all ports of embarkation. She has worked fr HAL for more than 14 years now as a PCC and so far has never steered me wrong:)

Joanie

Ray, Just got off the phone with my HAL PCC and she stated it is for all ports of embarkation. She has worked fr HAL for more than 14 years now as a PCC and so far has never steered me wrong:)

Joanie

Joanie

Here is the answer my TA got from Seattle -- Applies only for Alaska cruises per this info.

Ray

At this time, we have the free/reduced hotel nights for Alaska cruises on categories PS-BB and PS-SY.

Below is the link to the flyers.

Alaska from Seattle:

http://media.hollandamerica.com/pdf/091708-AK-Explorer-US.pdf

Alaska 14-day from Seattle:

http://media.hollandamerica.com/pdf/071509-XX-AK-Adventurer-US.pdf

Alaska r/t Vancouver:

http://media.hollandamerica.com/pdf/092208-InsidePassage-US.pdf

Let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks,

John

Business Development Representative

Holland America Line | 300 Elliott Ave. W | Seattle, WA 98119

“Through Excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time".

Joanie

Here is the answer my TA got from Seattle -- Applies only for Alaska cruises per this info.

Ray

At this time, we have the free/reduced hotel nights for Alaska cruises on categories PS-BB and PS-SY.

Alaska from Seattle:

Alaska r/t Vancouver:

Thanks,

John

Thanks for the clarification!!:) It appears that it is only for specific dates and ships... I guess we lucked out with both.

My apologies to anyone whom I mislead, that was not my intention. Apparently my PCC misunderstood my questions.

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Joanie,

I sent you some pictures yesterday of our room 5001 on the Zuiderdam. I hope you got them. If not, send me the exact email address to send them to and I will resend them.

Peggy

Joanie,

I sent you some pictures yesterday of our room 5001 on the Zuiderdam. I hope you got them. If not, send me the exact email address to send them to and I will resend them.

Peggy

Peg, I got them yesterday. Just really busy with yard work last 2 days. I will put them up tomorrow. And I wated to also thank you for your description(s) especially about the verandah.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie..I am thinking about booking another cruise this time on the Maasdam..I have tried search in several different ways trying to find out if there are any "secret" cabins on this ship but nothing comes up..I have looked at your posting for the Maasdam but there are only a few inside cabins listed..I'm looking to see if there is an inside priced cabin with a secret porthole, as I will be travelling solo, I don't think I can swing the OV price..or is there a single cabin on this ship?

Thanks

Suzin

Hi Joanie..I am thinking about booking another cruise this time on the Maasdam..I have tried search in several different ways trying to find out if there are any "secret" cabins on this ship but nothing comes up..I have looked at your posting for the Maasdam but there are only a few inside cabins listed..I'm looking to see if there is an inside priced cabin with a secret porthole, as I will be travelling solo, I don't think I can swing the OV price..or is there a single cabin on this ship?

Thanks

Suzin

I have received very little info regarding the Maasdam Suizin:( I can only suggest you post this question on the main HAL boards, and hope for an answer from someone who knows the ship.... I am sorry that I cannot answer you:(

Joanie

Joanie

Ray

Alaska from Seattle:

Alaska r/t Vancouver:

Thanks,

John

FYI, my travel agent checked with HAL after we purchased an upgrade from SS to SA and was advised by HAL that the pre-cruise/post-cruise hotel offer is not available when the suite is purchased as an upgrade.

FYI, my travel agent checked with HAL after we purchased an upgrade from SS to SA and was advised by HAL that the pre-cruise/post-cruise hotel offer is not available when the suite is purchased as an upgrade.

Thank you for this follow up. It is good info to be able to pass on to others who've asked:)

Joanie