Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

I was really glad to find this thread...to your website. In Dec. We reserved a "revised accessible" for a cruise in Aug. on the Maasdam...at least I thought we had. Due to inaccurate info by the reservation person (from Hal themselves, not travel agent) upon looking into certain conflicting info on our invoice...we found she not only put us down for Gty only. I told her specifically I needed a shower only room. When I called...no rooms like that were available, said I'd have to move up to a balcony, and on this cruise that was almost double!!. I almost cancelled our reservation. After checking trying to get any other cruise like this one, it was obvious this was the best itinerary by far. So I called again...after MUCH time on hold with many apologies from the lady....they offered us this HC room (I've been using HC rooms on Celebrity they have 26 per Millennium class ship! I have walking difficulties and can not get into a tub, and need the other bath facilities I E the raised toilet & bars etc. I badly need my cane to walk onboard but do not as yet use a wheelchair) As HAL has so few HC rooms I hesitated to ask for one but was dreading facing a bath without these. The last cruise without left me in agony.This is an 18 day cruise!

The results were that they offered the HC room C390...NOT at a reduced rate (+500$pp) but with the promise of two coupon books supposedly worth 700$ each "For all our trouble..." these books are for ..to quote "Free drinks, soda & water--free dinners at the specialty rest. etc. etc." So finding the photos of C390 HC room was great...as one person thought it was wonderful, the other thought it was bad. The photos are showing a very nice cabin I feel. (Whether the noise problem from the Kitchen above appears remains to be ...heard..I guess)

Lastly has anyone received these coupon books...are they really usable GOOD coupons.. (So many from the diff. cruise lines have useless coupons..."buy one get one 1/2price" type of thing) and do you think I should request a voucher stating we are to receive these?? (Can you tell I have been stung on OBC and other "free discounts" offered by Cruise line reservation clerks that don't seem to appear on the ships books????:confused:)

Edited by Napi's Mom

I also am planning a trip on Prinsendam. I've reserved cabin C102 for my cruise in 2011. Anybody know anything about that one? It is on the Upper Promenade Deck, right at the front of the ship. Most of the cabins on this deck are Veranda cabins, but right at the front are two C level cabins and also two single cabins. I've got the C cabin on the port side. I chose this cabin because there seems to be a nice area of open deck just a little bit further forward. I love to stand near the bow and look forward. I really didn't want to ante up the extra $$$ for a veranda, so I thought this might be a viable alternative. Thanks for any information.

Hi, Joanie - I sent pix of Zaandam cabin A7036 (Verandah Suite, not Deluxe) on 2/12 - did you get them?

My apologies to all who have sent me photos since 5 February to present date. I have been somewhat under the weather since disembarking on the 21st and getting home the 22nd, and recuperating my finger as much as possible this past week. I have yet to unpack and re-hook my external drive back into my main computer (where all my stateroom stuff is). I will put everything together tomorrow and get the photos you all have sent up and running ASAP.

Sorry, it has taken me a few days longer than normal to get myself back up to speed:(

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie. Now that you are home from your 2 week cruise, I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise seeing pictures of your stateroom.:) Did something happen to your finger?

Hi Joanie. Now that you are home from your 2 week cruise, I'm looking forward to hearing about your cruise seeing pictures of your stateroom.:) Did something happen to your finger?

Hehehe JWJs, You can read my review (which includes all about my finger) here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1151266

It was an AWESOME cruise!!!!!!

Joanie

Hi Joanie, I enjoyed your review of your Westerdam cruise. The finger incident, though, sounds both scary and very painful. The response you got from the crew, however, sounds just exactly like what you needed. Thank goodness.

Thank you for all your efforts to draw together pictures and other information about HAL Staerooms and Cabins. I posted a question a while back and look hopefully each day to see if someone has any info. about Cabin C102 on the Prinsendam. I'm all anticipatory about a trip I'll be taking with some friends in June/July 2011.

I hope all is well with you and your finger. -HosannaB

Hi Joanie, I enjoyed your review of your Westerdam cruise. The finger incident, though, sounds both scary and very painful. The response you got from the crew, however, sounds just exactly like what you needed. Thank goodness.

Thank you for all your efforts to draw together pictures and other information about HAL Staerooms and Cabins. I posted a question a while back and look hopefully each day to see if someone has any info. about Cabin C102 on the Prinsendam. I'm all anticipatory about a trip I'll be taking with some friends in June/July 2011.

I hope all is well with you and your finger. -HosannaB

Thank you, yes all is going well with my finger (stupidity is my middle name now:D)

I did a search of the HAL Forums and came up with a couple of threads regarding Prinsendam's C 102, they are a bit dated, 2008 and 2009, but should be pretty good info.

First thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=786099&highlight=prinsendam+c102

and: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=753168&highlight=prinsendam+c102

Hope these help

Joanie

Joanie, were you able to sneak into 4080 for my picture? Janis

Janis I am so sorry, but no, unfortunately, after injuring my finger, I kind of gave up on doing any photos.

I tried to email you, but my emails bounced...

I am hoping someone else has photos of Westerdam 4080 for you.

Please forgive me??

Joanie

Hi,

I tried the search this thread function and it did not turn up anything.

Are there any pictures ever posted for an obstructed view cabin on Eurodam?

We are considering the April 3 Transatlantic - our first HAL sail if we book - there are inside and obstructed view left with price difference of $100.

However if the obstructed view is the FULLY OBSTRUCTED type, I would rather stay in an inside.

Any pointers are appreciated!

P.S.

From the drawing, I dont see how the Queen bed be separated to Twin beds setup based on the layout of the room. We really prefer twin beds over 1 queenbed.

Edited by nho9504

Hi,

I tried the search this thread function and it did not turn up anything.

Are there any pictures ever posted for an obstructed view cabin on Eurodam?

We are considering the April 3 Transatlantic - our first HAL sail if we book - there are inside and obstructed view left with price difference of $100.

However if the obstructed view is the FULLY OBSTRUCTED type, I would rather stay in an inside.

Any pointers are appreciated!

P.S.

From the drawing, I dont see how the Queen bed be separated to Twin beds setup based on the layout of the room. We really prefer twin beds over 1 queenbed.

If you head on over to HAL staterooms/Cabins There are some photos and descriptions of Staterooms in the Categories you are asking about for the Eurodam Click here for the Eurodam Deck 4 http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/index.html

Joanie

WOW, Joanie! Thank you so much for the info. on C102 on Prinsendam. I reviewed the links you sent and learned that my hope for good views, quiet, and a little piece of deck "all my own" at the bow might be a real possibility. Getting a little more movement from the sea is not a concern for me most of the time, so that's ok. I am a happy girl. BTW, my cruise in 2011 is in celebration of my 70th b'day. Gotta get out there and Carpe those Diems!

-Bobbie (HosannaB)

WOW, Joanie! Thank you so much for the info. on C102 on Prinsendam. I reviewed the links you sent and learned that my hope for good views, quiet, and a little piece of deck "all my own" at the bow might be a real possibility. Getting a little more movement from the sea is not a concern for me most of the time, so that's ok. I am a happy girl. BTW, my cruise in 2011 is in celebration of my 70th b'day. Gotta get out there and Carpe those Diems!

-Bobbie (HosannaB)

Bobbie, Glad to be of help!! I am also so thankful to all the Cruse Critic members who have taken the time and effort to not only send their photos but also the descriptions for all of us to use:)

WTG on the upcoming BIG Day!!

Joanie

Can someone try and go to the main HAL Staterooms/Cabins web site at: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/ and let me know if you have any problems getting in? I've had one person reporting a problem and I need to see if it is just her or anyone else?

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Thank you both for checking!

Essiesmom sent me tons of cabin photos and then she could not get into the main site at all. Google kept giving her messages to the effect that the site could not be found. I'll let her know that it is her computer settings or something, because she was able to get into the back up site with no problem.

Again many thanks

Joanie