Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie....I have been searching for pictures of Zuiderdam cabin and balcony VA 7136 and have not been having any luck. I was wondering if you may have some photos to share of this cabin? Thanks:)

Unfortunately no photos of the VA Afts on Zuiderdam yet.... BUT do have some of VA 7134 and VA 7138 on Westerdam, which should be nearly identical to the Zuiderdam VA 7136... You can view those here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-7.html

Hopefully, I will get some of Zuiderdam before September when I cruise on her....

Joanie

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times. But please could someone give me info on the two handicapped cabins VA6001 and VA6002. We have both cabins booked for July 31,out of Copenhagen. I have seen the stock Hall pictures but it really is not showing me enough. Dad is in a wheelchair and can not walk. I'm wondering how much room there is to move around with the wheelchair? There also will be 3 of us in the cabin,how is the room lay out and will we have enough room as in storage and move around.

Thank you :o

wicheesehead - we had cabin 7056 on the Amsterdam last May 31st for the 14 day itinerary, and our friends had 7055, right next door. THE best value for the money - you will love it!!! 7055 is a bit more of an "obstructed" view because of the stairs up to the lido deck in front of the window, but they are open stairs so you still get the aft wake views, and you are just steps (literally! I think maybe 5 steps to that "secret deck" back there. We LOVED IT!!! Easy access to the Lido for food or drinks or even more panoramic views on glacier day, no one other than us and our friends on the aft secret deck - you just can't beat the value! The next best thing to being in a balcony cabin in our opinion- and we'd only ever sailed to Alaska twice before in a balcony on a Vista class ship, so this was a whole new experience. We were a bit nervous, thinking we'd really miss the balcony, but truthfully, didn't miss it one bit! Perfect space for two people, it was really great! I think you will be pleased with your choice! What sailing are you on? I'm going back again, this time on the Aug. 5th sailing on this very same itinerary this year - but DH is staying home to dog sit and I'm going with my niece and her boyfriend to show them "my Alaska." Sooooo excited! Unfortunately, neither 7055 or 7056 will sleep three, so we've booked an oceanview on the Main Deck, again near the aft, and I understand there is also another small secret deck out those back doors as well, so we're looking forward to a similar experience - fingers crossed!;)

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times. But please could someone give me info on the two handicapped cabins VA6001 and VA6002. We have both cabins booked for July 31,out of Copenhagen. I have seen the stock Hall pictures but it really is not showing me enough. Dad is in a wheelchair and can not walk. I'm wondering how much room there is to move around with the wheelchair? There also will be 3 of us in the cabin,how is the room lay out and will we have enough room as in storage and move around.

Thank you :o

Yours is one of the reasons I started the HAL Staterooms/Cabins websit. I hate generic photos that MIGHT not even resemble what I get.

Anyway here are Photos of Eurodam's 6001 and 6002 from this past year, thank you Carol for the photos!!:

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)

[

sm-IMG_6001B-1.jpg--sm-IMG_6001C-1.jpg

[

Photos taken December 2010

[

Cruise Critic Member: CarolZaga

[

VA 6002 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)

[

sm-IMG_6002A-1.jpg

[

Photos taken December 2010

[

And here are photos of the same staterooms on the Nieuw Amsterdam with description (again, Thank you Carol!!)

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)

[

sm-Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-B_CZaga.jpg--sm-Nieuw_Amsterdam-6001-C_CZaga.jpg

[

I just received more photos from HALs Access & Compliance for cabins 6001 and 6002 (IRL_Joanie's Note: VA 6002 is the exact duplicate of VA 6001) on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Well, it appears that in the new design for the Nieuw Amsterdam, they removed the sofa bed and replaced it with a chair. Also, there is a very large "pole" in the cabin which probably was the reason why they changed the layout of these cabins in comparison to the sister ship Eurodam. Every now and then I have to question the thinking of architects -- they put a handicapped-accessible cabin at the front of the ship, which experiences the most motion and is furthest away from the elevators and they put a pole in the middle of the cabin for wheelchairs and scooters to maneuver around -- go figure! Photos December 2010

[

I sure help these help you out. I was surprised while visiting 6001 on Nieuw Amsterdam, during a cabin crawl, just how large this stateroom is.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Yours is one of the reasons I started the HAL Staterooms/Cabins websit. I hate generic photos that MIGHT not even resemble what I get.

VA 6001 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom) [

VA 6002 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck (This is a Handicapped Stateroom)

Cruise Critic Member: CarolZaga [

[/url]-- Thank you so very much for the info. I will be sure and take pictures of the cabin and bathroom and post when I return. It really helps when planning to see what you will really be staying in. I agree with you the handicapped cabins are sometimes not laid out or in the best place on the ship.I am not sure who designs the cabins but give a real handicapped person the drawing board and things would be a lot better. One can only wish.

Thanks again:D

:) Any photos of this cabin out there ??? Wonder about the size of the balcony as it is angled. Thanks so much. ;)

We had 5054 on Oosterdam (same stateroom, opposite side of ship) and loved it. It was quite large!! and the Verandah was almost unbelievably large. Photos of VF 5054 here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/Deck-5.html It did not have a sofa because the room is needed by wheelchairs, scooters, etc.

Joanie

Thanks Joanie -- by any chance - did you have a motorized scooter and if so -- was there enough space to walk around it ? On RCCL's Mariner of the Seas -- we had the coffee table removed for more room as we needed to charge the unit overnite. (However, this was NOT a handicaped cabin).

Yes, I use a motorized scooter, but not in the stateroom itself. I normally park it in the dressing room area in the SY, SC and SA category staterooms when it is not in use, and yes there is plenty of room to avoid it when it is parked there:)

IF I had need to use it in the stateroom, I would have had the steward remove one chair and moved the coffee table against the sofa, and then would have had no problems.

I am able to walk as long as there is furniture or walls close enough to hold onto so no need to use the scooter in the room itself:)

In the V Category Non Handicapped staterooms, there is not even room to park the scooter in the room, so I have to have the stewards take it to another location on the ship with the charger for the night.

I've learned, the hard way, not to book anything less than an SY, SZ or SS stateroom, if for nothing else, the spaciousness for the scooter in the stateroom.

Joanie

STATTENDAM APRIL 2010

NO WORKING ELEVATORS, NO AIRCONDITIONING IN ROOM OR DINING ROOM, COLD FOOD, LEAKS STEAMING DOWN IN BUCKETS ALL OVER THE SHIP, RUDE, TERRIBLE SERVICE, POOR TO TERRIBLE QUALITY OF FOOD, NO APOLOGY.

THAT PRETTY MUCH DESCRIBES HOLLAND AMERICA.:mad:

IT WAS OUR 14TH CRUISE ON SEVERAL CRUISE LINES. ONCE, IS ALL WE'LL EVER SAIL HOLLAND AMERICA!!!!

SAILING ON GRAND PRINCESS (2ND TIME) MARCH 14 TO SOUTHERN CARRIBEAN. WILL NEVER LEAVE PRINCESS AGAIN. BTW, UPGRADED FROM BALCONY TO SUITE DUE TO PLATINUM STATUS. :)

Sorry for your poor experience. However yours seems to be in the minority --- also as your cruise was almost a year ago --- kind of late to be complaining. Hopefully,you sent your comments to the proper personnal. We feel the same about Princess, BTW.One cruise on the Dawn was more than enough for us !!! Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

It has taken a while (nearly 2 months) but the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site has now been completely and totally revamped to make it easier to find what you are looking for and LESS Graphic Intensive!!

I've completely categorized the Staterooms by Deck and the Public Areas by Type, i.e., Bars & Lounges, Main Dining Room, etc.

I hope this makes things easier for everyone and if anyone has any other ideas of how to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for, send me an email HERE and I will do my best to make it happen.

Main Site is here:http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Back Up Site is here: http://abqreunion2008.com/

Joanie

Joanie, do you have pictures of the bump out cabins on Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam or Noordam? Cabin #'s 7088 & 7087 or 7093.

Thanks. Never mind. I kept searching and found what I was looking for.

Edited by Cruisergal1208

Joanie, do you have pictures of the bump out cabins on Westerdam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam or Noordam? Cabin #'s 7088 & 7087 or 7093.

Thanks. Never mind. I kept searching and found what I was looking for.

Was getting ready to go and find the photos , only after reading the first sentence, then saw that you'd found them:)

If you need any questions answered...

Joanie

Thanks for all your help.After all the worry about my first choosen room 8056 surrounded by pool rooms,then to Same Cat J on Main deck,HAL sent T/A an email with an upsell offer for a VA Aft Balcony on Navigation Deck.Good thing I only have to keep the secret from DH for 2 more days LOL Boy will he be surprised.

I see you are from NM.Next year we will be touring Arizona and New Mexico for an area to retire in.So no cruise until 2013 when we plan to take GS on a Canada New England cruise,on Masdam.Only wish that the Lanai cabins were equipt for 3 people.

Thanks for all your help.After all the worry about my first choosen room 8056 surrounded by pool rooms,then to Same Cat J on Main deck,HAL sent T/A an email with an upsell offer for a VA Aft Balcony on Navigation Deck.Good thing I only have to keep the secret from DH for 2 more days LOL Boy will he be surprised.

I see you are from NM.Next year we will be touring Arizona and New Mexico for an area to retire in.So no cruise until 2013 when we plan to take GS on a Canada New England cruise,on Masdam.Only wish that the Lanai cabins were equipt for 3 people.

I really enjoy helping and being able to do this makes me happy:)

I am so glad that now you only have 1 day to keep the secret from your hubby:) I'd have broken down by now:D

Give me a heads up when you plan on coming through Albuquerque and we can get together!!

Joanie

There is a wonderful web site that I joined. It is very little money to join ( 12.99 for lifetime memebership), and you get so much information for the type of room you are looking for, along with photos from real people, not just what the cruiseline wants you to see. In fact that is where I found this website, it had a link to it.

http://cruisestateroom.com/

The price is now $24.99 for the lifetime membership.

The price is now $24.99 for the lifetime membership.

Why should anyone have to pay for information on what their staterooms look like?

Sure, I could charge... But why??

It costs me all of under $10.00 per month to host the HAL Staterooms/Cabins Web Site and I ask nothing in return, well I do ask that fellow Cruise Critic Members take photos and share them with us all.

JMO

Joanie