Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

This is a great thread and I really appreciate how much work you've done and continue to do! I'm new to Holland America and this is a great help!

Please confirm or correct my understanding of Eurodam's category SB & SC cabins.

First, the overall size (cabin + balcony) of the SC cabins on deck 4 are the largest. Due to the shape of the back of the ship, the overall sizes of SB & SC cabins get smaller going up from deck 5 to deck 6 to deck 7 to deck 8?

Is there any difference between category SB & SC except for deck & location on the ship (and of course the cost)?

Thanks.

I believe you have it right Candycane:)

You can see the aft of the ship here, near the bottom of the page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Ship-Views.html

I absolutely loved my Aft Wrap around SC 6164 on Eurodam's sister ship, Mieuw Amsterdam. The only thing I did not like to much was the verandah is smaller (from door to aft railing) than on the Vista class ships. BUT, it was still big enough for us:)

I enjoy helping others, and a thank you goes a long way for repayment:)

Joanie

hi there... we booked a guarantee H grade for our 30th June 20 night Noordam cruise.... we have just been allocated our cabin H4106, which is an obstructed view, so no upgrade for us... anyway, does anyone you have any pics/info on this cabin or similar???/

many thanks

hi there... we booked a guarantee H grade for our 30th June 20 night Noordam cruise.... we have just been allocated our cabin H4106, which is an obstructed view, so no upgrade for us... anyway, does anyone you have any pics/info on this cabin or similar???/

many thanks

Diane, I do not have photos of H 4106 on Noordam but do have some of her sister ship Westerdam, along with stateroom description:)

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-4.html If you go to the link and scroll down a little past 1/2 way you will see H 4106 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck this should be almost exactly what your stateroom will be like, to include the view out the window:)

Joanie

[

Edited by IRL_Joanie

You can see the aft of the ship here, near the bottom of the page: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/Ship-Views.html

Joanie

Is there any difference between category SB & SC except for deck & location on the ship (and of course the cost)? Are there special SB perks or are the SB cabins different?

Is there any difference between category SB & SC except for deck & location on the ship (and of course the cost)? Are there special SB perks or are the SB cabins different?

I have only stayed in SC's on deck 6 on Nieuw Amsterdam and Oosterdam and they were different in verandah sizes only. The stateroom sized, if any different were so miniscule, I could not tell.

I will be in SB 7142 on Zuiderdam ina alittle over 2 months and will be able to tell you then definitively the differences. BUT, it is my understanding from the dimensions and descriptions of SB vs SC that the SC (aft wraps) are larger in both verandah and stateroom than the SB's as you get to the higher decks.

Keep in mind that there are a couple of SC aft staterooms that are not aft wraps and they are smaller in verandah than the SC aft wraps. Oops, just realized the SC aft non wraps are not on the Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam so disregard the last comment. They are on the Vista Ships not the Signature ships.

Basically, location and pricing seem to be the only differences that I am aware of personally, to date:)

The perks are the same for all SA, SB and SC staterooms, no matter their locations:)

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Joanie,

I'm trying to select a cabin on the Veendam. With all the posts about horrible cabins, I was wondering if anyone has posted information on the following K cabins 582, 584, 581, 585, 589 and 593. It appears that the laundry on the deck above is under 584 and 585. And a white space under 581, 585, 589 and 593.

Thanks,

Sharon

Joanie,

I'm trying to select a cabin on the Veendam. With all the posts about horrible cabins, I was wondering if anyone has posted information on the following K cabins 582, 584, 581, 585, 589 and 593. It appears that the laundry on the deck above is under 584 and 585. And a white space under 581, 585, 589 and 593.

Thanks,

Sharon

Sharon, I wish I could tell you yes and point you to any/all good or bad info on any of those staterooms, but alas, all I have is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Deck-5.html and G 510 is the closest I can come, which would not answer your questions regarding noise etc:(

I am so sorry

Joanie

There is also a video on YouTube of this cabin.

If that link does not work, do a search on Eurodam 4181

LOL,I have the same video by Cruise Critic member mcw331 (same person as on the YouTube Video:) which he sent me here http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/videos/SC-4181_mcw331.mp4 there are a couple of other Eurodam Satteroom videos on the Video pages here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Eurodam/videos/

Joanie

Sharon, I wish I could tell you yes and point you to any/all good or bad info on any of those staterooms, but alas, all I have is here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Deck-5.html and G 510 is the closest I can come, which would not answer your questions regarding noise etc:(

I am so sorry

Joanie

Thanks Joanie,

I ended up being able to get 549 on the Main Deck. I have white space below me, but quite a few people said that they liked 548 and 549. I will take pictures for you.

I'm labeling photos now. When I find my pictures from my recent cruise, I will e-mail them to you.

Thanks Joanie,

I ended up being able to get 549 on the Main Deck. I have white space below me, but quite a few people said that they liked 548 and 549. I will take pictures for you.

I'm labeling photos now. When I find my pictures from my recent cruise, I will e-mail them to you.

Awesome!! Thank you Sharon:) :)

I've only read good things about 548 and 549:)

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

First of all, thank you SO much for all the work and love you've put into creating and maintaining this thread! You are amazing:D

In less than two weeks my husband and I are sailing on the Oosterdam (Yippee!!!), with a bunch of family members (also yippee!). The in-laws are graciously footing the bill. Initially, they had us all 4 to a room after their TA told them they could get 210sqft DD cabins for us. As near as I could tell, no such critter exists. Rather than be rude and say that though, I spoke with HAL and searched online and found us all great deals for H guarantees with just 2 people per room at a slight cost increase. Well today, our cabins were assigned and DH and I have GG4073...which I am quite happy with. My question (finally!) is do all the H, GG, and G cabins have those lovely full-length windows?

Thanks!

Edited by sparklplenty

Hi Joanie,

First of all, thank you SO much for all the work and love you've put into creating and maintaining this thread! You are amazing:D

In less than two weeks my husband and I are sailing on the Oosterdam (Yippee!!!), with a bunch of family members (also yippee!). The in-laws are graciously footing the bill. Initially, they had us all 4 to a room after their TA told them they could get 210sqft DD cabins for us. As near as I could tell, no such critter exists. Rather than be rude and say that though, I spoke with HAL and searched online and found us all great deals for H guarantees with just 2 people per room at a slight cost increase. Well today, our cabins were assigned and DH and I have GG4073...which I am quite happy with. My question (finally!) is do all the H, GG, and G cabins have those lovely full-length windows?

Thanks!

Yes they do!! And to help you see what your stateroom will look like, here are photos from GG 4077 Large Obstructed Ocean View Stateroom (the only diffence will be the view, your stateroom is at the fron of the lifeboat and this stateroom is at the back of the same lifeboat (2 doors down from you!)

[

4077_Sandi3667_1.jpg--4077_Sandi3667_3.jpg--4077_Sandi3667_4.jpg

[

4077_Sandi3667_2.jpg--4077_Sandi3667_5.jpg

[

We were in GG 4077 on the Oosterdam. Friends were in 4083, but I didn’t get pics of their cabin.

We loved the floor to ceiling windows. Had plenty of space. The beds were initially together, but were moved apart before it was time to unpack. Plenty of storage for luggage. We had no noise issues in this room, and were even able to see Margerie Glacier between the lifeboats. Photos May 2011

[

Cruise Critic member: Sandi3667

Hope these help as well as my answer of yes *Grin*

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie

Hi Joanie,

Thank you! The pics and your encouragement have me bouncing up and down with excitement!!!

BTW, last year my Mom and I cruised on the Rotterdam. It was a special celebration for her complete remission of lymphoma, so we were in S7039. What a divine stateroom that was! I've got pictures if you'd like them.

Thanks again!

Hi Joanie,

Thank you! The pics and your encouragement have me bouncing up and down with excitement!!!

BTW, last year my Mom and I cruised on the Rotterdam. It was a special celebration for her complete remission of lymphoma, so we were in S7039. What a divine stateroom that was! I've got pictures if you'd like them.

Thanks again!

So happy I was/am able to make you jump up and down for joy:)

I would LOVE the photos of any staterooms you have!! Even if I have some of a specific stateroom, I can always use more as everyone sees the stateroom differently and that helps to show the staterooms to theie best advantage or their worst...

Joanie

• 3 weeks later...

Candydane, All SA, SB and SC enjoy the same amenities - Neptune Lounge, breakfast in Pinnacle Grille or Queens Lounge, special officers cocktail party in Neptune Lounge, unlimited laundry. When my sister and I were on Oosterdam two years ago we were in port/aft SC on, I believe, deck 6. The wraparound veranda was so huge that we had the CC Meet and Greet on our balcony with about 45 people. Not crowded at all! The beverage manager was quite happy to accommodate us, providing food and drink, and thus freeing up his lounges for others to enjoy. And the SC below us had a smaller room, and slightly smaller veranda.

Edited by clasendonna

Anyone have photos of this suite ?? Your impression of the cabin in general and the veranda, in particular ? Have checked Joanie's site

but this cabin is not listed. Thanks.

If you look at the photos of SY 6054, 6055, 6085 and read the descriptions of 6055 and 6058 and 6085, I think you will get the best idea as they are the same as SY 6069, just location difference:) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Westerdam/Deck-6.html

Sounds like SY 6069 is in a great spot with good views and good sized:)

Joanie

many thanks

So happy I found this thread and hope know about the Noordam..we are on the Noordam 8/25 and have a VF cabin guarantee. I see that the actual cabin number may be late in coming but are there any that we should avoid? What are the possibilities of an offer of an upgrade? Thanks, Carolyn

So happy I found this thread and hope know about the Noordam..we are on the Noordam 8/25 and have a VF cabin guarantee. I see that the actual cabin number may be late in coming but are there any that we should avoid? What are the possibilities of an offer of an upgrade? Thanks, Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

VF staterooms o the Noordam are on Decks 4 & 5. I have photos and descriptions of some of them (along with other Category Staterooms) from fellow Cruise Critic members at the links below.

Deck 4: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-4.html

Deck 5: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/Deck-5.html

The basic difference/drawback would be the location. All of the VF's on Deck 4 have solid Steel rainings instead of the PlexiGlass. They are also much further forward, which might be a problem for you or others in your party if you or they are prone to motion sickness.

Deck 5 VF staterooms are more mid ship so they are less likely to cause any sea sickness and they have the PlexiGlass so you can sit and look out without effort:)

Joanie