Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Thank you Joanie! :D

That is so weird that even you could not find yourself in the Members List and yet...

Will change the dates and add 9 to the end of your name ASAP!!

And NO, it is I who thank you!!!

Joanie

In my own estimation of the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam both, I do not think any verandah, other than possibly the Penthouse, would have a verandah large enough for a MDR table (even if it were a 2 top.

I had an SC aft wrap around stateroom and my verandah would not have fit a Dining room table.

I do not have photos of the stateroom in question on either of the Signature ships.

Joanie

Joanie

Thank you for the advice. How about the outdoor tables? From your photos, they look pretty small.

Thank you for the advice. How about the outdoor tables? From your photos, they look pretty small.

Verandah tables tend to vary depending upon the stateroom category usually.

Here are some photos (btw, a Room Service tray fits beautifully balanced on the tables (no matter how small) and we have Room Service place the tray on the Verandah Footstool.

We have never had our dinner served on any of verandahs, yet (plan on it next week though) but have had full breakfast and lunches and using both the table and footstool as tables works quite well.

Nieuw Amsterdam VE 5122

sm-VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg

SS 6108

sm-6108_catl331-3.jpg

SC 6164 (we had 2 tables, the larger one in the photo below and a smaller one like above)

sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg

and finally VQ 10033 (this is the typical V category Verandah table

sm-10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg

Joanie

Hi Joanie

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into helping us with questions and pictures!

I will be on the Westerdam and in room c1072.

Can't seem to find anything or anything close.

It's not a connecting room and not listed as sleeping 4.

Thanks for all you do!

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

Hi Joanie

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into helping us with questions and pictures!

I will be on the Westerdam and in room c1072.

Can't seem to find anything or anything close.

It's not a connecting room and not listed as sleeping 4.

Thanks for all you do!

C 1072 is a perfect location!! It is mid ship, just fore of the Atrium, lowest passenger deck so you should not have any problem with motion sickness:)

I have a couple photos of C 1069 on Westerdam and C 1066 on Oosterdam, which I think will help you more in photos, though it does have a connecting door, you can see it between the desk and the bed.

C 1069 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck

[

sm-C-1069_RD64-1.jpg--sm-C-1069_RD64-2.jpg

[

Here are some pics from the Westerdam during a March 2009 cruise. Cabin 1069 - Category C on the Main deck...a large, very bright cabin, with lots of storage. I loved it and am hoping to book the same cabin for a March 2012 cruise. I was by myself, so it was extremely spacious...lots of room for two passengers. Photos March 2009

[

Cruise Critic Member: RD64

C 1066 Large Ocean View Stateroom Deck 1 Main Deck

[

sm_doclove_IMG_4538-2.jpg--sm_doclove_IMG_4539.jpg

[

sm_doclove_IMG_4540.jpg

[

We liked this room because it had the feel of being a larger room then it actually was. We didn't feel cramped for space and felt that there was plenty of open space. The room is located near the main atrium and down the hall from the Vista Lounge.

[

Cruise Critic Member: doclove

This location MIGHT get a bit of noise if the Queen's Lounge is having an event. BUT, I think your stateroom is a bit aft to have to worry about noise from it.

Wish I could show you C 1072 itself but....

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie
spelling

Verandah tables tend to vary depending upon the stateroom category usually.

Here are some photos (btw, a Room Service tray fits beautifully balanced on the tables (no matter how small) and we have Room Service place the tray on the Verandah Footstool.

We have never had our dinner served on any of verandahs, yet (plan on it next week though) but have had full breakfast and lunches and using both the table and footstool as tables works quite well.

Nieuw Amsterdam VE 5122

sm-VE-5122_jtl513-4.jpg

SS 6108

sm-6108_catl331-3.jpg

SC 6164 (we had 2 tables, the larger one in the photo below and a smaller one like above)

sm-6164_IRL_Joanie-5.jpg

and finally VQ 10033 (this is the typical V category Verandah table

sm-10033_TrixieH_1810.jpg

Joanie

Yes, that larger one on your verandah was exactly the size I thought might fit! Should we get one ourselves or ask our room steward?

And thank you for going to this trouble to post the photos etc. I have seen you do it for other people and I am really impressed by how you try to help us all! I have never been on HAL before, we love eating outside and would love to know if we could make it possible for the occasional meal.

Yes, that larger one on your verandah was exactly the size I thought might fit! Should we get one ourselves or ask our room steward?

And thank you for going to this trouble to post the photos etc. I have seen you do it for other people and I am really impressed by how you try to help us all! I have never been on HAL before, we love eating outside and would love to know if we could make it possible for the occasional meal.

I think the table we had on our SC stateroom verandah MIGHT fit. It might be a really tight fit though... And then the next question would be, Are there any available in storage or could they bring one from the Aft Lido (Sea View) Pool area...??

I like helping people with Stateroom and other questions. I do my best to give detailed info as I would want to receive.

I am so glad that I was able to find the table photos for you:)

Joanie

I think the table we had on our SC stateroom verandah MIGHT fit. It might be a really tight fit though... And then the next question would be, Are there any available in storage or could they bring one from the Aft Lido (Sea View) Pool area...??

I like helping people with Stateroom and other questions. I do my best to give detailed info as I would want to receive.

I am so glad that I was able to find the table photos for you:)

Joanie

Fingers crossed we can do it! Its one of the slightly larger balconies so I am hopeful. I will let you know how we get on.

From another one of your debtors,

Noelle.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a search through this thread but wasn't able to turn up a picture.

Does anyone have a picture of the quad bed on the Rotterdam?

Friends of mine had the option of booking a triple or a quad and booked the quad (I don't know why they made this choice) but I was wondering what the 4th berth looked like on the Rotterdam. Does it intrude into the headspace at all?

There will only be 2 people in this room. They have booked a category F on the Dolphin deck.

If you had the choice, would you book a triple over a quad, or does it make any difference?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The free (Public) portion of it does not seem to have photos. Plus, why should people have to pay to see what their Staterooms/Cabins look like. And they are only layouts, not photos.

Thank you for the link but I do not pay to see what I am getting, nor do I think any person cruising with HAL should have to pay. Just my $.02

Hey! Thank you IRL-Joanie for the website. It gave me a realistic view of what my stateroom will look like. I'll try to remember to send u one of my cabin since it will be post dry dock. Ms. Maasdam May7. :)

I've enjoyed the pages & pages of discussion about your website. I read through page 18 and decided to jump to the last page. I went to the website and really enjoyed lookig at the Westerdam section.

You are doing a wonderful service for us cruisers. My DH and friends just booked a cruise in May 2012. It will be our first trip to Alaska out of Seattle and also to be on a HAL cruise.

I am wondering if anyone on this particular thread has pictures or comments about VB6053 on the Westerdam. That is our cabin and I'm just curious.

Thank you,

Gloria

Hello all,

Just beginning to plan our third cruise. We will be sailing on the Noordam and it's time to book. But I need some help.

Can anyone tell me the difference between SZ, SY and SS categories? I've been getting higher quotes for SS category and I'm not sure why?

Thanks so much.

Kathy

Kathy have not been on the new Noordam, but it usually is location.

The higher deck, the more middle of deck, and usually SS includes exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge. The cabins are usually the ame size and configuration. I

The higher deck, the more middle of deck, and usually SS includes exclusive use of the Neptune Lounge. The cabins are usually the ame size and configuration. I

SS does not include the Neptune Lounge on the Noordam. Only SA SB and SC and above.

Location is the basic difference between the 3 categories. The differences are that there are only 2 SZ stateooms on the ships and NONE of the SS, SY or SZ receive Neptune Lounge access.

Joanie

Thank you for your responses. I notice that ss is under the pool deck. I really don't why being under the pool is considered desireable?

Kathy

Kathy, some find it undesirable due to noise. Sometimes, depending on where the stateroom is you might hear loungers and or chairs being moved about at various times of the day starting early morning until 7 or 8 pm or so.

Some are not bothered by the noise while others find it very bad. I think it depends upon how sensitive you are to noise.

We use a Sleep Mate (White Noise machine) at home and when we travel, so noises do not bother us at all.

Joanie

Just an FYI that I may be off the computer for a day or so between this weekend.

Hubby bought me a new computer (this one is 6 years old) and is setting it up this weekend. Depending on how long it takes him, I will not have access to the new one until he gets all my old files and programs, which I have backed up) installed onto the new one.

So, if you do not hear from me for a couple of days, please do not panic:)

Joanie